[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• but coal does not contain thorium (or we all would be radioactive) Coal is organic.

Thanks for that, but that was more a joke than something else ... But Coal DOES contain Thorium (if not made out of wood). Why ? Because it's been "stored" in rock, and so it "gain" impurities like Thorium, wich makes IRL Coal-based power plants worst idea ever because it increase more the natural radioactivity than a Nuclear Power Plant does. (Ask Greg about Angela's policy to win the election ... ^^).

Moreoever, can't you see that more than trying to find some scientific explanation, I'm trying to make suggestion that would makes Nuclear Reactor even more awesome ? ^^

Next time, please think before posting ;).

Edit: while I'm here, I think burning sodium is strange (it's not used as a Fuel IRL, even if it can provide energy by ... meeting water ^^). It's more like a Liquid that could heat by cooling down reactor or be heated before (for energy storage) and then providing energy with Thermal Generator. (Or could be heated by things like that: Picture here! .

Edit 2: For the guy flaming me: according to nuclear physics law and to probabilities, we ARE ALL RADIOACTIVE, believe it or not.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

The post was edited 2 times, last by MatLaPatate ().

• I'll be honest, i couldnt care less about OP nuclear fuels. ^^ And thorium in coal is so tiny you probly couldnt extract it. ;) Smilys are annoying. ;) ^^ :D Think before you post :D ;)

Edit: i wasn't flaming, I was pointing out the holes in your science, you sir were the one flaming me for pointing the holes

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• I'll be honest, i couldnt care less about OP nuclear fuels.

I won't feed the debate on Nuclear Fuel: OP or not, but I simply disagree with you.

And thorium in coal is so tiny you probly couldnt extract it.

Yep. But let's enjoy, this is Minecraft! Get Nuclear Fuel from what you want, because it's always funny playing with Nuclear Reactor.

Smilys are annoying.

I know, and I try to avoid them but ... this s the Darkside of the Force man, you can't do anything ...

Think before you post

Sorry, I don't.
    If I had, I wouldn't have keep argueing (in a more pleasant way, though). *Tried to use a smiley here*.

See ? No smiley here.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• And thorium in coal is so tiny you probly couldnt extract it.

Well, why do you think Greg made it 64 coal dust = 1 Thorium Cell? It's not supposed to be an efficient conversion.

And before any further comments are made about "why can you get Thorium from Coal and not from anything else" or "why can't you get other things from coal or the like, there are more impurities than just thorium", there is one very simple answer to that question.

Because Greg says so.
    Minecraft physics and logic apply here. The creator has spoken, and thus it is so.
    If you would like to make your centrifuge output more random stuff, good, break your way into Greg's coding (and a few copywrite laws) and add in the recipes. If you don't want your centrifuge to output random things like Thorium from Coal, fine, disable that in config.

Stop the pointless bickering over this little nagging bit of Applied Science, or Applied Magic, or Applied Phlebotomy, or Applied Kevin Bacon, and the even more pointless smiley flame war, and go back to playing Minecraft.

But let's enjoy, this is Minecraft! Get Nuclear Fuel from what you want, because it's always funny playing with Nuclear Reactor.

For Great Science.

• I hate to have a scientific explination to everything. The wither is magic in minecraft, wither skeletons drop coal, but coal does not contain thorium (or we all would be radioactive) Coal is organic. The netherstar is magic, not radioactive or contains neutronium. Not everything has a scientific explanation, Especially in minecraft.

Like what I said before, just treat centrifuge as a magic box. If you think that it's not appropriate, suggest something better. From the wiki it said that you got it from monazite (strange I think I heard this ore before..).

• If you do not redistribute his coding, you cannot break any copyright laws. You are feeding it, not helping it. You should had left it alone.

• Like what I said before, just treat centrifuge as a magic box. If you think that it's not appropriate, suggest something better. From the wiki it said that you got it from monazite (strange I think I heard this ore before..).

You have heard it from Thunderdark's (I think) addon, its an ore to make MFFS energy. Thorium from monazite (suggestion)

• Greg, we have a problem, and coincidentally, I believe, your next nerf (assuming you haven't gotten to it already).

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Forestry doesn't add recipes to the squeezer/canner for new cans unfortunately :(
    Only the recepies for liquid would make sense, not gasses

• GregTech should fix other mods that don't give you XP when you smelt their ores.
    By the way, it doesn't matter that you can macerate and re-smelt ingots to get free XP, because you can do that in vanilla with smoothstone anyway.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Does that really matter though immibis? Sure it's a nice little bonus, but hell, my last mining run netted me 42 levels (before I blew myself up via a slight miscalculation involving a lever, medium voltage transformer, eight batboxes, and industrial blast furnace). Minecraft essentially throws xp at you now making mob grinders (items aside) less important.

• a slight miscalculation involving a lever, medium voltage transformer, eight batboxes, and industrial blast furnace

I love seeing strings of disaster implements. They make for so much good Fun in retrospect.

Obviously, when it actually happens it's not so much fun, but the stories are fun to tell.

• You're telling me Paladin. Soon as it went boom and I exploded violently (as my bed was not 12 blocks away shielded from the blast via machine casings...I can now attest to their blast resistance). Seeing the utter mess made from six or so full or near-full iron chests along with two gold chests I laughed maniacally. Then I hurriedly cleaned up so as to not lose anything O.o. I'm now down to under sixteen iron (started with four or five stacks) replacing what was lost.

Any rate, back on topic, (and wow my comment on mob grinders came from left field) I'm not sure what kinds of hooks are in place in forge for sengir to use to add cans Quintine. Agreed with regards to liquid canisters; unless you had some type of high pressure container; but even then it would need to hold so much in the way of gas as to make it absurd to be usable as a portable fuel source. As well, for those fuels that do combust in a gaseous state; their liquid state is typically more potent (Liquid o2 for example). What might be neat would be some type of ionized plasmatic substance; though I'm honestly not sure how a containment field to keep it in that state without cooling or reacting could be miniaturized or even how it would be used as a fuel source.

• So, I was thinking about the balance of this mod, and I came to the conclusion that things in it are extremely cheap. Now, let me explain. I do not mean in terms of resources. Obviously, they are very resource heavy. (Though I for on would not mind a much larger version of the fusion reactor) When I say that they are cheap, I mean in terms of knowledge needed in their construction. Currently, Steve has, through unknown means, a vast knowledge of physics and engineering. And I mean vast. Through the work of many, many extremely intelligent people, we, as a planet are inching towards energy efficient fusion reactors, but Steve has that figured out. I think this is absurd. I think Steve should need to learn the required physics and engineering before he can build the machinery.
    Now, you say that it is a game. No need to have to research to make things. This is perhaps true, but, as I am a physicist, I love research. I would love to have to have Steve in a lab experimenting with random things, trying to make things work. I have a feeling that this would be a very difficult addition to implement. I would do it myself, but I have no ability to code Java. Were Minecraft for some reason written in Mathematica code, I'd be your man, but it is not. I would love research, a la Thaumcraft 3, where you have to figure things out for yourself instead of just having all the knowledge outright.

On an unrelated note, Greg, could you make it so that I could build larger rings of coils around the fusion reactor and have it function? I am not even asking for a production bump, I just want larger coils, because the current one is pretty small and look unimpressive, and I want a huge one floating over my base.

• Do you mean like we need to find a recipe template (or some sort of manual of fusion reactor) in a chest(maybe in the end) or something before the fusion reactor can be built? That would be fun.

• Do you mean like we need to find a recipe template (or some sort of manual of fusion reactor) in a chest(maybe in the end) or something before the fusion reactor can be built? That would be fun.

Research is only fun when you don't know what the end result will be.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Research is only fun when you don't know what the end result will be.

Hmm, maybe you can add something like the manual still need to be researched since it's written in alien language. The more you know about the manual the better your fusion reactor efficiency?