[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I think what he's thinking about is being able to compress hydrated coal dust, I just checked, and coal dust can not compress back into coal, so that rules out that method of getting around the synthetic thing.

Ok ths is weird, after some checking in NEI, there are 2 types of coal dust, the coal dust that can be compressed to coal is the one from fossilized comb (from extra bees).

• HA I knew i had seen it before, IC2 coal dust 30256 can be compressed into coal, but gregtech coal cannot. Meaning the loophole that coal could produce endless energy with railcraft and IC2 still stands

• HA I knew i had seen it before, IC2 coal dust 30256 can be compressed into coal, but gregtech coal cannot. Meaning the loophole that coal could produce endless energy with railcraft and IC2 still stands

I think Greg messed with the recipe or something, I can't get it to work using 30256 coal dust (even if I could obtain that without NEI).

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Just tested with original IC2 coal dust and it works.

Covert, you should totaly add a config for the coal change :P

• honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about for infinite energy generators. they are basically a more fun and complicated version of solar panels.

• Well it would cost ~492K EU to produce 20 Coal which can then be turned into 320K worth of coal coke and 10 Buckets of creosote oil.
    Technically not an infinate EU machine (Unless transformers are used) but a stupidly cheap way to get creosote and coal coke.

• Wow this gregtech release makes it ignore its recipe config or something, I cannot craft or uncraft a lot of stuff right now.

Was it Storage block? The configs have been moved to RecipesAdvancedConfig.cfg, regenerate your config to get it. (beware of ID change)..

• I posted these questions on the unofficial wiki, but I figured I'd try here too.

1) supercondensators claim to transform packets of 1million eu to 8096 eu packets. Does this mean I need 113 supercondensators and 452 high voltage converters to fully utilize the packets produced by the fusion reactor, or any energy transformed up to 1million eu packets? This mainly has to do with the next question-

2) the fusion reactor, according to the computer, outputs 1million eu packets, but the burn recipes output tens of thousands of eu a tick- does this mean the packet size counts as the 'ultimate' voltage, but the packet only contains the energy emitted each tick from the reactor, or does the reactor build up 1million eu before sending the packet out?

Very sorry if this has been answered before, I'll keep scanning the thread in case it has.

• So I realize I've posted before but it can be easy for a post to get lost in a thread as large and active as this one.

Rather than have you go back and find my old post I'll summarize:

- Any version of GT after 2.72x the Dense Copper Plate recipe disappears from NEI and no amount of cramming various Ore Dictionary compatible copper ingots into any compressor yields the desired plates.
    - I've tested with 2.73-75b and still broken (for me)
    - Our server is currently running:

I would guess it has something to do with another mod conflicting, but I am unsure of which one.
    Hope anyone may have an idea of what I can look at.

P.S.
    On a side note I keep seeing these pop up in my logs but haven't found any pairing config options to keep the replacements from happening:

Odd thing is, neither the IC2 or GT config files mention anything about item IDs in those ranges.

• For the supercondensator question, the reactor outputs 32K EU/t in 1M packets via supercondensators so you need 4 supercondensators to be able to get the power out of it fast enough.

Fusion Reactor > 4x Supercondensators > 16 HV Transformers > 64MV Transformers > 256 LV Transformers

Item id's work on a shifted index, those items being overwritten are the Neutron Reflectors and Uranium Cells
    These are the mods I dont use and have working copper plates.

I would suggest removing these one at a time

Additonal Pipes (Unoff) 2.1.3u40
    Gravitation Suite 1.6
    Factorization 0.7.10
    MiscPeripherals 2.3
    Thaumcraft 3 3.0.1c
    Twilight Forest 1.14.0
    Thermal Expansion 2.1.6
    Traincraft 3.1.13_010
    XyCraft 0.9.44

• For the supercondensator question, the reactor outputs 32K EU/t in 1M packets via supercondensators so you need 4 supercondensators to be able to get the power out of it fast enough.

Fusion Reactor > 4x Supercondensators > 16 HV Transformers > 64MV Transformers > 256 LV Transformers

That is exactly what I was hoping for, thank you!

• Oh, i should mention that power will still build up from your external power source so you may either want to use 5x supercondensators or have power switches setup to stop power going into the fusion reactor while it is running so as to not waste any.

• Ok thanks i managed to do it now. But how do I disable the industrial diamond? Since the version upgrade my coal chunks produce industrial diamonds and I would like to get normal diamonds back for it. Where can I disable that in the config?

• Just put them in the crafting table and you will get normal diamonds out, not sure why they are going to Ind Diamonds.

• Hey greg? think you could add an option to make items stacksize configurable too? >:D EDIT: also, rp2 nuggets dont have thaumcraft aspects could you make them or make them default to ones that have aspects?

• He'll probably add a requirement to have a lead containment box around reactors at some point to stop radiation ;)
    if not, he should add lead underwear just to protect delicate areas atleast :thumbsup:

Lead pants to protect the femurs would be much more needed than lead underwear (Unless you use that mod that included children), bone marrow and blood will be your primary concerns when exposed to very high levels of radiation.

• do the nichrome and kanthal heating coils do anything?

Nope.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.