[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• My suggestion was for higher power versions of the centrifuge to exist *in addition*. Nothing would force you to change, and nothing would change in a factory except time input. At higher power versions, the processes could still cost the same EU in less time.

Better add overclocker slot in centrifuge with maxstacksize=1 or 3.

And who can give me GregTech 2.75c for client? :D :D :D

gregtechmod_2.75c.zip

• So it looks like overall there is a lot of wrenching issues right now. What else is the big issues in the more latest versions?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• That's the only thing I've noticed thus far Kane.

Downside is my other players got the message but VV does it when I'm not even around and crashes my server :P Greg add a dunce cap to the mod!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Ok this is ridiculous. The explosion itself doesn't make any goddamn sense. You know, what happens if you connect a - lets say- 230V something to a 10KV system? NOTHING. It has different fucking connector. And if you force the connector... The fuse blows not your device.
    All this nonsense explosion stuff is really getting in my nerves, it should be removed from IC2 not boosted. And yeah, I'm an engineer who actually knows thees things.

I dare you to flip that little red switch at the back of your psu.

Any modern switching power supply works with 110-230 but try to give 230 to an old style coil based transformer rated at 110 and you will most definitely get screwed even though the fuse will blow.

And while Greg's penalty from screw ups is kind of harsh that should make one look twice and think thrice before making changes to machines/wiring.

So far electrical systems are the only things in my base that I have not had problems with. buildcraft pipes used to blow up as did engines (cooling ammount changed as did pipe behaviour), accidentally emtied all items from hot and running breeder reactor and so on.

• Notchphysics!

And EnderWraithGuard , it could be that you just chose tungsten for being retardedly hard to get. There's just one problem: people also use geogens for small scale power generation in the beginning, so tungsten would be too nerfed.

Steel is good, but how about nickel? It can withstand up to 1400 degrees Celsius, the normal temperature of magma.

• Downside is my other players got the message but VV does it when I'm not even around and crashes my server :P Greg add a dunce cap to the mod!

Haha yea, that would be why I tend to play SSP only :P Don't have to worry about what other people do. I'm the sole responsible party if something screws up.

• Nice Greg Is Online :)

SECRET UPDATE (Version number still 2.76d), fixed that damn Nullpointer in getEnergyVar(), or before getEnergyVar() to be precicely.

And WTF is up with the Version Number of the Bukkit Port? I only gave out the Source of 2.74d (yes the 2.74c-Link in my Thread WAS a Typo, but otherwise it would've worked), and now I always get requests for 2.75d, which doesnt even exist any longer on my Hard Drive (and neither my Dropbox), as I don't backup seriously bugged Versions.

And Kane, the "Magic" Block is indeed "MAGIC", thats why its small. But the Magic Machines are so dangerous, that you have to make seperate Systems for them. (Magic Energy Absorber + Wisp close by = BOOM)

The distillation Tower (planned for next major Version!) will be ofcourse a large 3x3x5-Multiblock Structure to get everything out of Oil and similar Stuff (Oil itself will be getable via Soulsand)

• And Kane, the "Magic" Block is indeed "MAGIC", thats why its small. But the Magic Machines are so dangerous, that you have to make seperate Systems for them. (Magic Energy Absorber + Wisp close by = BOOM)

Gregorious...how about the magic energy converter? Does that one have any special risks, or does it just act like a normal, fueled, engine?

Your answer will help me determine how far away i need to place it :D

• I tried to find a good place to suggest this but I couldn't find a Gregtech forum, just the addon post here so hopefully this is the right place to put it.

A new machine I've wanted to see for a while and think it would go perfectly into Gregtech is a more advanced quarry. This version of the quarry is much more expensive than even the already expensive normal quarry. It adds new functionality and speed to the standard quarry and is configurable. So let me get to the explanation then.

Industrial Quarry

Recipe will most likely include a gregtech computer cube, a pump, a cobblestone generator, and the quarry of course.

When you place the IQ it will work just like a normal quarry at first, but now you can right click the block to access a new interface to select options.

Efficiency Mode:
    As a bonus for using the IQ just like the standard quarry it will operate at half the MJ requirement while cutting at the speed of a standard quarry at full power.

Speed Mode:
    You can increase the speed of the quarry by 50% or 100% while costing 75% to 150% respectively more MJ.

Silk Drilling:
    Tired of filling chests with Cobblestone? Here's your answer! This is where the IQ shines. If this is selected the speed of the quarry is halved but now everything will be harvested as if it were harvested with silk touch. Note that you can return the quarry to normal cutting speed by activating the higher Speed Mode but this will cost more Mj.

Selective Silk Drilling:
    Don't want a lot of Smooth Stone? Don't like how slow your quarry cuts when using Silk? Well use this option instead. This mode keeps the quarry going at normal speed, but now instead the quarry will only silk ore blocks. (Or the specialty blocks added by other mods)

Depth Stop:
    Don't want to drill all the way to bedrock for whatever the reason? No problem. Now just type in the number of the height you want the quarry to stop at and it will shut off when it reaches that level.

Liquid Management:
    Another shining feature of the IQ. With the built in pumping system and cobblestone generator the quarry can now clean up it's own messes. By default the IQ will destroy any water it encounters and lava it will automatically turn into obsidian. However if you wish to save the lava, just connect a liquid pipe to it and it will pump out the lava it encounters instead of collecting obsidian, and if you wish for it to collect water instead of destroying it you should disable it in the interface and make sure your pipe network has somewhere to store it. The smart liquid cleanup system will also prevent infinite water by removing the block below a water source block before sucking it up, effectively counteracting the vanilla water physics. Also with the built in cobblestone generator, if a liquid is flowing into the quarry zone from outside of the cutting area, the quarry will automatically build a wall to block it off as it digs. Now massive amounts of lag caused by a quarry flooding it's dig zone are gone.

Bed Rock Breaker:
    Don't worry the IQ knows when to stop, but ask yourself this question. Have you ever been annoyed by how bedrock looks? Ever been annoyed that your quarry missed a handful of blocks because it was under bedrock? Well worry no more on either account! The IQ has a built in feature to allow it to remove bedrock above the last 2 layers or the world. Note that you don't actually receive the bedrock itself, your quarry just destroys it. This allows you to flatten the bottom of your quarry and use those precious 3layers without having to needlessly fill it with crap materials. It should be noted that this feature must be enabled in your quarry before it will operate and it slows it down significantly.

Bed Rock Dropper:
    This option is an alternative to BRB mentioned above. This option will not slow down the quarry but it will not break the bedrock either. Instead of destroying the bedrock the quarry will check to see if there is something underneath the bedrock, if there is, it will collect that block and then push the bedrock down. You won't end up with a nice smooth bottom on your quarry but there will not be any holes underneath.

Well I hope I listed enough stuff to perk people's interest. I particularily want the Silk Drilling option. I'm sure many others do too.

• Gregorious...how about the magic energy converter? Does that one have any special risks, or does it just act like a normal, fueled, engine?

Your answer will help me determine how far away i need to place it :D

The Converter currently doesnt Explode because of Wisps (only Absorber in Vis-Mode does that), but the Explosion has the same Flux-Effect to the Environment.

• Could you add recipes for your Refinery for the Crude Oil and Oil Sand block added by Traincraft mod?
    Though, DrCeph added recipes to extract Buildcraft Oil from those blocks to his PetroGen mod, so that would be sufficient already I suppose. Assuming your Refinery works with the BuildCraft oil.

• sorry to say... but I think greg refuses to do a quarry like machine since quarries are so OP. At least that's what I remember greg posting about a while back. Someone please tell me otherwise.

• Distillation tower? I've been wanting one of those since Covert starting pumping out the multiblock structures to the modding scene. Sounds awesome. That's really the only reason I'm using BC, for the oil...