[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I found a bug, the filter in electric and advanced translocator didn't work at all, this happened when I tried to filter cobblestone, sand, dirt from an ender chest (chicken bone). I tried both inverted the filter and filter works normally and both options extracted cobblestone from the chest.

• I found a bug, the filter in electric and advanced translocator didn't work at all, this happened when I tried to filter cobblestone, sand, dirt from an ender chest (chicken bone). I tried both inverted the filter and filter works normally and both options extracted cobblestone from the chest.

Thanks for your Report, I will fix that.

@Kane: NOOOOOOO, you forgot to put a spoiler! Now I know the End of your Series!!! /jk

At least you now pump Water into the Grinders.

• LOL, I will try to post a little less spoilers ;) I just wanted to show that I am cleaning and refining my work ;)

EDIT: And we also decided to keep the end disabled for good hehe.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• It appears that the filter works well if there's only 1 item that is filtered (i.e only cobblestone is in the 9 holoslots of filter GUI), if I add another item into the holoslots, let's say dirt, both dirt and cobblestone will be extracted no matter if it's normal or inverted

• So this is interesting to read discussion about complex machines, but, can you please answer to this simple question, and, maybe, add it into FAQ?

If you have Redpower2 installed Rubies and Sapphires spawn according to Redpower2's generation of which I'm not sure how often they spawn, but quite a bit more then normal Gregtech afaik.

Without Redpower2 they're biome specific like the vanilla Emerald, Sapphires in Oceans and Rubies in Deserts (There's a complete list of biomes they spawn in when ExtraBiomesXL is installed aswell a "few" pages back)

Not sure if the rarity is the same as vanilla Emeralds, and I can't tell you how many per chunk, maybe someone else can

Kane Hart
    Grr, I been watching your Let's Play series a little, can't wait to get to the parts with those machines. They look neat. I'm only at episode 7 lol.

• After thinking about it, I believe "nerfing" Geogens would be a good thing. Why those " " " ? Because what I would like to see implemented in GregTech wouldn't just be "makes the GeoGen 2 times more expensive" but "makes it 3 times more expensive, availabe at endgame only but also more powerful and 5 time more efficient".
    In fact, Geogen aren't OP to me, just to easy to get for what they can do. That's why I would suggest the following changes (the easiest way would be to keep the geogen but halving its output, but changing the Thermal Gen like I'll say):

-Thermal Gen use Tungsten to be crafted. It's not so expensive, but it's just Endgame, so you'll need a Blast Furnace. They also should be more expensive than they are currently, but ... one Iridium Plate or Energy Flow Circuit should be enough.

-They output between 35 and 50 EU/t, at a 100 000 EU/Lava source rate.

-To prevent amazing exploit with TE, Magma Crucible will generate "Low Temperature Lava", which is exactly the same as the normal one, but it will only generate 20 000 EU (and maybe 10 000 in the Regular one lol), and you won't be able to process it with a centrifuge.

-Lava Recipe in Centrifuge won't work anymore: instead, you'll be able to use Reffinery, or some more advanced Centrifuge (with 6 outputs slots :D ) to get more ressources than before from Lava, assuming it will consume 4 times more Energy (but will be as fast as before because this Adv. Centrifuge would use 20 EU/t). This will also avoid getting Tungsten without Blast Furnace, because of course this centrifuge will also need Tungsten.

Not completly related, I would also suggest some changes concerning GeoGens, NaK and Nuclear Reactor: the Heat-based Generator

Basically, what I'm suggesting a generator that will work on hot Fluid and will give it you back after having cooling it: It could use Steam from RC (but being way more expensive than RC turbine, because I know you don't want to make us save steel, or it would be less efficient as for steam), but also Liquid NaK (which is NOT liquid at normal temperature ^^) or Lava.
    The inreresting point of that generator would be the fact it will give you back the Liquid once cooled: it would makes you able to get EU from Lava or Liquid Metals (from the centrifuge, or the refinnery) and to get Stone/Obsidian/Metals, but also would be a nice Addition to cool down your reactors and generate even more EU, at the price of the Generator (+ it would be unefficient as coolant system, compared to Vents).

I don't know if Liquid NaK (so VERY hot) should be get while cooling down a nuclear Reactor with an EXTERNAL BLOCK or if it would be better to makes NaK cells having the same durability than water one, but being able to be cooled down by Heat Based Generator WHILE PRODUCING EU.

Another Idea would be to use it in a more general way to create some Multi-Block generators: See That Link. Or makes it also running on Boiler Like things, burning new Oil upcoming and such others.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

The post was edited 1 time, last by MatLaPatate ().

• These just popped up in the logs with the 2.76d version.

2013-01-18 17:08:40 [INFO] [STDOUT] Unknown Key for Unification, Typo? ingotThorium
    2013-01-18 17:08:40 [INFO] [STDOUT] Unknown Key for Unification, Typo? ingotPlutonium

• Damn saltpeter! It's very rare! Implosion compressor don't work(
    Need use nitroglycerol (ol real dynamite - sand or sawdust + nitroglicerol) from compressor or craft saltpeter for gunpowder. For example - air cell in freezer -> liquid air -> centrifuge -> liquid nitrogen and oxigen -> use liquid nitrogen for saltpeter craft (simply way) or use liquid nitrogen for azotic acid craft in distillation column from future release

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neuromantix: (fix errors))) ().

• These just popped up in the logs with the 2.76d version.

Which of your Mods adds Thorium and Plutonium Ingots? Just curious.

matix : What a waste of Glass fibre, Transformer Flowers are incredibly inefficient in Cable usage. Try:

Back Layer:
    :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer:
    :LV-Transformer: :HV-Transformer: :HV-Transformer: :LV-Transformer:
    :LV-Transformer: :HV-Transformer: :HV-Transformer: :LV-Transformer:
    :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer:

Front Layer:
    :Glass Fibre: :LV-Transformer: :LV-Transformer: :Glass Fibre:

:HV-Transformer: = MV-transformer, not HV!!! (missing Icon)

this 2x4x4-Design is perfect for Voltage Conversion to 2048EU/t at LV

Neuromantix : Saltpeter? Rare? Seriously? Which Mods do you have?
    Thermal Expansion => Saltpeter from pulverizing Sandstone
    Extrabiomes XL => Tons of Saltpeter in Wastelands (with GT-Centrifuge)
    Railcraft => Saltpeter Ore in Deserts (upper layers)
    GregTech => Saltpeter from Soulsand (and Soulsand will additionally give Oil in the next Version!)

• If you have Thermal Expansion, you can get saltpeter from sandstone.

Saltpeter from soulsand? Great! I don't know this! What recipe for soulsand saltpeter?
    TE saltpeter is cheat, imho. And 2 sorts of saltpeter and sulfur - autocrafting problem.

• Hmm copper cabble with mv transformer or it's replacement of hv ?

Edit1:I don't get it. Where i have to connect AFSU ?

Edit2:Only getting around 1850 eu/t.

Edit3:After replace those 4 cabbles attached to lv-transformers with lv-transformers i get 2048 eu/t.

• Saltpeter from soulsand? Great! I don't know this! What recipe for soulsand saltpeter?

Come on, that guy don't even know one of my suggestions ? ^^. Seriously, do you use NEI ? Moreover, if you don't have it, why haven't you tested EVERYTHING in GregTech Machines ? ^^.

GregoriusT : About SoulSand, it would be nice for it to give more EU than Lava lakes, but I guess it won't happen ever, do to Lava Lake Size in the Nether ^^.
    As for Byproducts, why could I get with it ? Carbon Dust, Rubber, Energy and something else ? I would suggest a Tar Block made out of Gravel + some byproduct, buffing Player's speed (unlike Soulsand). And yes, I know, I've already suggested that at least ... 5 time :D.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Which of your Mods adds Thorium and Plutonium Ingots? Just curious.

I kind of assumed it was yours but after taking a closer look I can find no evidence of either anywhere. Checked logs and configs.

Those 2 messages started to appear after I updated IC2 to .198, Thermal expansion to 2.1.7 and Your mod to 2.76d.

• Yes, exactly. And thats YOUR Problem when using LV on it. If a Copper Cable gets >32EU/p, then it melts BEFORE letting Machines explode, but Glass Fibre transfers happyly 512EU/p to let all your LV/MV-Machines explode before frying the Cable. A Machine sends one of all packet Sizes (except 1000000) in all Directions ordered from Low to Quad-Extreme Voltage. You could exploit this to gain Energy (that's why there is no 1000000-Packet), but seriously, who would build a Machine to let it intentionally explode? Even the regular electric Buffer isn't cheap enough for that.

So we should be able to use a single copper cable as an extremely crude surge protector, right? like :Batbox: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Cable: :Electric Furnace: ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miral ().

• Come on, that guy don't even know one of my suggestions ? ^^. Seriously, do you use NEI ? Moreover, if you don't have it, why haven't you tested EVERYTHING in GregTech Machines ? ^^.

GregoriusT : About SoulSand, it would be nice for it to give more EU than Lava lakes, but I guess it won't happen ever, do to Lava Lake Size in the Nether ^^.
    As for Byproducts, why could I get with it ? Carbon Dust, Rubber, Energy and something else ? I would suggest a Tar Block made out of Gravel + some byproduct, buffing Player's speed (unlike Soulsand). And yes, I know, I've already suggested that at least ... 5 time :D.

16 Soulsand = 1 Oil Cell? Isn't that pretty profitable? (Fuelcans will then no longer be outputted by that Recipe)

I kind of assumed it was yours but after taking a closer look I can find no evidence of either anywhere. Checked logs and configs.

Those 2 messages started to appear after I updated IC2 to .198, Thermal expansion to 2.1.7 and Your mod to 2.76d.

Ooops, I derped. I requested those two Ingots from my OreDictHandler, which then replied with, "No I don't have those Ingots".

So we should be able to use a single copper cable as an extremely crude surge protector, right? like :Batbox: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Cable: :Electric Furnace: ?

Yes, that would work. But who doesnt create a proper Factory and doesnt use proper Ways of dismantling Blocks?

Does anyone here have a Problem, that the Font Size reverts to 8pt instead of 10pt, when removing Lines? So like this?