[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• You mean the API Problem? You need to look into all your Mods zip/jar Files and remove the ic2 Folder from them. (ofcourse not the IC² Folder of IC² itself, but from all the other Mods)

-----

I don't plan to add new Elements anytime soon. There are currently more than enough of them.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Started on the material list on the wiki:

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/Material+List

Anyone got any suggestions? Wasn't sure if we should keep it as a periodic table, showing the elements that aren't in Gregtech, or should we make it just a regular table with the elements that are.

Can you do background shading on items? Greg added one color, vanilla - Greg Supported Another, not included leave white? If not a bold for Gregs, Italics / Bold for Vanilla greg supported, no markup for not supported. Just needs a way for the Greg supported items to stand out better. Color would be the best option if you can do something like that in the chart. Chart makes sense though.

• Oh, someone has stolen the Materials-MetaID-List from my Debug Log. XD

:whistling: Move along now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I should be able to. I'll try something like that. Technically, all of them not in italics are added by GT now, but some don't have any uses ATM.

• Could someone please send me a PM with version 4.07r? I'm doing some testing on something, thank you!

Why, but ok.

Files

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I don't know if I should add these to 'elements'.

Thaumium
    Vinteum
    Forcicium
    Forcilium
    Force

The first two both contain 'magic', but aren't strictly 'elements'. However, magic isn't on the list of materials.

The next two confuse me, as I have no idea what they both are (one of them I know is from MFFS, but what is the other?).

The last one is from Dartcraft (I think) and will probably stay.

Or should I just add magic to elements, and then add the others to a misc category.

• Started on the material list on the wiki:

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/Material+List

Anyone got any suggestions? Wasn't sure if we should keep it as a periodic table, showing the elements that aren't in Gregtech, or should we make it just a regular table with the elements that are.

My only issue with that is the fact that Sodium is a Solid at STP (Standard Temp. and Pressure), and in GregTech it's a "fluid". Which is why I've been reluctant to continue of my add-on due to the fact that there are some chemical applications that I would conflict with between it and GregTech. That, and the fact that I'll be designating 'Cobblestone' and 'Stone dust' as part of the Feldspar series of rocks (which, it's formula is NaAlSi8O8). So that, in and of itself, would prove to be a balancing conflict of interest...

I have thought about seperating the Al to different 'grades' which limit it's application in certain directions. In order to get higher grades of Al, you'd need to continuously compress the lower grades together in order to form a more metal-dense bar (Course, this could be expanded upon in GregTech mode, in any case that fits)....

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• @above: You worry about Sodium being Solid at normal Temperature? Look at the Tungsten! That Stuff would melt any Container it is in!

The first two both contain 'magic', but aren't strictly 'elements'.

Magic is considered its own Element.

However, magic isn't on the list of materials.

Then you should look into the List more precicely. The Debug Log only shows the Items I generate, I just don't generate the Element "Magic".

The next two confuse me, as I have no idea what they both are (one of them I know is from MFFS, but what is the other?).

Both are from MFFS, there were multiple attempts at the same Mod, and each registered its own Forcicium/Forcillium/Monazite/Fortron Stuff (Fortron is Fluid only, and doesn't generate because of that)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, two things I noticed in my FML log from my last start (after adding OpenComputers and PFAA)

There was one more ClassCastException, but I ran out of characters in my post. Interestingly, the ClassCastException did not occur the second time I started the pack, just the first.

• The ClassCast thing could have happened because of an Item-ID Conflict, within the ItemBlocks. But I would go and report that to PFAA aswell.

GregTech Website

• When updating both IC2 and GregTech I have gotten this crash.

Any help is much appreciated :)

• The ClassCast thing could have happened because of an Item-ID Conflict, within the ItemBlocks. But I would go and report that to PFAA aswell.

Yeah that turned out to be from an ID conflict.

Two or three of us reported this on the last page. Some other mod includes a copy of the IC2 API and is breaking things. A solution was posted on the last page as well.

• Two or three of us reported this on the last page. Some other mod includes a copy of the IC2 API and is breaking things. A solution was posted on the last page as well.[/quote]
    Oh haha silly me. Thanks a lot :)

You worry about Sodium being Solid at normal Temperature? Look at the Tungsten! That Stuff would melt any Container it is in!

No, my point was that you use Molten Na as a fuel in your mod, and I'd probably use the solid state (dust) in mine for chemical mixing, lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• You mean the API Problem? You need to look into all your Mods zip/jar Files and remove the ic2 Folder from them. (ofcourse not the IC² Folder of IC² itself, but from all the other Mods)

I had this problem as well, deleting the ic2 folder from Calclavia Core fixed it.

• No, my point was that you use Molten Na as a fuel in your mod, and I'd probably use the solid state (dust) in mine for chemical mixing, lol

Lol, it would also work with Na Dust and Li Dust btw. You don't really need the Cells for that.

GregTech Website

• Greg,

Can you (or have you and I missed it) post your vision of where you are going with your mod? Really enjoying it, would just like to know where you are taking it down the road.