[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Can someone help me to find where can I download the GT5 version 5.03j for 1.7.2, because in the installation spoilers, it doesn't say which version I'm downloading :c .

The last available download for the 1.7.2 is actually the 5.03j: if you download and open the jar file, you'll find a file named mcmod.info, in which you can find the version of the mod, the compatible version of the game and other useful things.

• Well, I posted the crash here because my first thought was because I downloaded GregTech wrong, but if it's not the case I will remove it and put it in the kirara post because I don't really think it belongs here, so sorry if I've done something wrong ^^.

• @Sasha: Try the recommended rather than latest versions of ChickenBones' mods- that appears to be an issue from the unstable NEI version you're on. Be sure to get the accompanying version of CodeChickenCore to go with it.

• Hey everyone

Is there some way to make machines like the alloy smelter to work on automatic. What i mean is for example that some recipes require Molds of different kinds.
    I can make my pipe system to input items to the machine... and then output the finished product. But if i input a mold and some material the output does not recognize the mold and is left in the machine. How can i input a mold when needed and then export it when it have been used?

Any suggestions?

• I do what many manufacturing and industrial companies do, I build multiple alloy smelters or extruders and set each one for a different mold. In real life machines that have specific molds have to be manually changed to use a different mold. In most cases the basic or advanced extruders and alloy smelters are cheap enough to build a second or third if you want a fully automated factory.

• I'm downloading Forge for 1.7.2 and there are multiple links for each verision. Wich one should I use? (I already have the 1.6.4 verision)

Also, does anyone know where I can learn Minecraft modding?

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• I'm downloading Forge for 1.7.2 and there are multiple links for each verision. Wich one should I use? (I already have the 1.6.4 verision)

Also, does anyone know where I can learn Minecraft modding?

Check out modding with Pahimar on YouTube. I'd link you, but can't get to youtubes from this computer.

He hasn't uploaded anything in 3 weeks, but anyway here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOevHnu6lzJqFNa1swefIQ

• I do what many manufacturing and industrial companies do, I build multiple alloy smelters or extruders and set each one for a different mold. In real life machines that have specific molds have to be manually changed to use a different mold. In most cases the basic or advanced extruders and alloy smelters are cheap enough to build a second or third if you want a fully automated factory.

And that is also exactly how it is intended. The Mold has to be manually changed, so build multiple Extruders.

I am currently doing Magnetic Processing of certain Ores (like Magnetite), and also Magnets as Component Items in general. That will change all the Recipes for Electric Motors to use magnetically polarized Rods (using the new Polarizer) instead of just regular Rods. That also results in EV and IV Motors requiring Neodymium Magnets, which however need an HV Polarizer to be created (Voltage = 256 EU/t, so half HV, but still more than MV), not to mention that you need Neodymium in the first place, what gets us to the fact that none of the GT Ores has even the possibility to drop Neodymium as Byproduct at all, there is a PFAA Ore that does that, but no GT one, meaning I need a way to create Neodymium from some other Ores, so I need to pull some bullshit out of my ass and add Neodymium as Byproduct of Redstone Ore (not Dust), who knows exactly what this stuff is made of anyways, but Redstone Ore would be OP Neodymium wise, so I needed something to decrease the Amount drastically and I changed it from Neodymium to a "Rare Earth"-Dust-Item, what opens the possibility to centrifuge the Rare Earth Dust to 6 different Types of Rare Earth Materials using the popular chances of 1/4 each for a Small Dust (not the tiny one).

And that is how I did the Magnets.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• IC2 API: Call getItem failed for bioCell
    IC2 API: Call getItem failed for hydratedCoalClump
    just wondering whats the cause of this oddity

Both have been removed (I think). So the API can't call something that isn't there.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Just to be clear, this is 1.7.10 right? Because if it isn't, then I've got no idea, but with 1.7.10, only Gregtech actually uses the API to use those items, probably because no other mod/addon ever felt the need to.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, which PFAA ore has neodymium as a byproduct? I can't find it through careful NEI searching.

I assume Magnets are added in an upcoming update...along with neodymium...so won't show yet. Unless magnets are already in and i missed something in the changelog.

(apparently, breathing in neodymium dust can cause lung embolisms...though i'm not suggesting an in-game debuff)