[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• And does anyone know (and have links to) the starts of GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5 or actually GT6, or are they just lost along the line?

It's hard to pinpoint where they started because the talk merged from the old version to the newer one. You can't even go by first new version release post as there was always talk before those about what the new version would bring.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Seen on Reddit today...

Cypher121 wrote:

Greg's tools are made from tears for handle, pure hatred for head and are upgraded with salt. All of which require resources obtained by mining everything in overworld, end and nether, farlands included... by hand.

I was actually rather impressed by this.

• Problem is fU sounds like Grag started raging at naming his units and could not find a proper name, so yeah :P

Not to mention that Flux is already an RF alike Name.

Also Greg, this new engine is an actual mechanical engine ? ( non rf ? )

It isn't new at all. It was there since ages, but not that useful due to not having good enough Pipes for the Steam.

And what the hell are strong / dense machines now xD

Machine Blocks. Nothing more. Used for Crafting, Decoration and Beacon Building.

And why negative energy is needed, I don't really get you here :/

Positive = Clockwise, Negative = Counterclockwise

Seen on Reddit today...

I was actually rather impressed by this.

hehe, I am only missing the Hatred Item. Ghast Tears will do fine as Handle.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Anyone?

It is simple. Place them at the Block you wanna extend the surface of and then treat the whole thing like you would the surface of that Block.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Are these new pipes supposed to burn you from 3-4 blocks away or is something bugged on my side? If it's supposed to be like that (I hope not) then why doesn't the boiler and the burning box act the same?

How do I get rubber? I know I need a squeezer and a coagulator, I can't get the squeezer to work though. It says in the tooltip that the Bronze squeezer needs 32KU/t (16 to 64). I assumed that 16 was the minimum and 64 the max, so I built a Steel steam engine which supplies 16KU/t. Doesn't work though. Do I really need to build a chromium engine? Why do all those low level engines exist then? Just for the hammer?

• What Pipes are you using for what? Dont tell me you use wooden Pipes for Steam or something like that.

GregTech Website

• There are two things why this is happening. 1. You don't supply enough Steam, but lets assume that you do supply enough Steam so it might be 2. Are you sure it is periodically stopping? An Engine makes a forward/backward movement, meaning the Energy emitted is negative half of the time. GT Machines even require this negative pulse of Energy to finish the process. It requires a lot of fine tuning to get the proper Engine/Machine combo for what you are doing. Someone should really do a tutorial on that.

2. When it works, it lights, and the connected machine works. When it works continuously, it lights continuously, and the machine works continuously. But as it is now, engine lights not continiously and the process progress bar in machine is some time enlarges, and then cancels.
    Hmm, i have one idea for your burning boxes. Now, when "inside" of it is any burnable item, i can't put in another "type" burnable items(tested with Alumentum(Thaumcraft) inside and Pyrotheum Dust(Thermal Expansion) in hand). But, as soon as burning box starts work, we all the same can't get our items back. So, is there any reason for prohibition of putting another items?

• running the squeezer on steam power

I tested today with steal and it still isn't enough power, do to the 50% efficiency. unless I'm wrong it will need to be titanium to work, witch is nuts!

edit: titanium works

• Minor Bug: MC flint & steel have the same durability as GT flint & 'iron' and have the 30% chance to ignite burning boxes. They should either have double or triple the durability or work 100% of the time.

Added Crafting Recipe to give you GT Flint&Steel from vanilla one.

Are there any meta-tools that can shear sheep? I am getting Annoyed at vanilla shears durability or lack of it.

Dunno if my CHainsaw can do that, but I have put it on the list, right after finishing up the freestanding redstone wiring.

GregTech Website

• running the squeezer on steam power

I tested today with steal and it still isn't enough power, do to the 50% efficiency. unless I'm wrong it will need to be titanium to work, witch is nuts!

edit: titanium works

What is this with 50% efficiency? If the tooltip says that the steel engine puts out ~16KU/t I need to substract 50% from that or what? Why does the tootip not show 8 KU/t then? Where does it say that with efficiency? Is that again prior knowledge I need or is it actually documented in the game somewhere? If it isn't that is complete bullshit and bad game design.

• What 50% loss are you talking about? The one when you convert KU to RF or what? The Input and Output Values in the Tooltip are clearly stating the proper Outputs regarding supplying GT Machines.

GregTech Website

• What 50% loss are you talking about? The one when you convert KU to RF or what? The Input and Output Values in the Tooltip are clearly stating the proper Outputs regarding supplying GT Machines.

The 50% loss Bear brought up. If the tooltips are right why doesn't the steel steam engine power the squeezer? It says the squeezer needs 32KU/t (16 to 64). Can you or anyone confirm that 16 to 64 are min and max values?

Here's a pic of my setup: http://steamcommunity.com/id/g…enshot/642124127286832482

Also, I'm streaming a custom modpack with Gregtech 6 on twitch if anyone is interested pretty much every day: http://www.twitch.tv/grendelbiter/

• That Engine is in the Cyan State meaning it is lower than the normal Value. You need to supply more Steam to it. Blue = Minimum or Off, Green = Normal, Red = Maximum

GregTech Website