[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• i'll finish it tonight after 9 (sundown)

Got most resources done, Although i'm slightly confused with the dust stuff.

was the byproduct list i sent you good or no?

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• Minetweaker Files, they are for modifying Recipes.

So why don't I see minetweaker or hardly any of the other mods that are supposed to be there in the mods directory? There only seem to be ic2, carpenters blocks, code chicken core, computronics, gravisuite, gregtech, openperipherals, and modular windmills.

• So why don't I see minetweaker or hardly any of the other mods that are supposed to be there in the mods directory? There only seem to be ic2, carpenters blocks, code chicken core, computronics, gravisuite, gregtech, openperipherals, and modular windmills.

Where did you download it from? curse? https://bearsden.overminddl1.com? other?

Because bear is lazy, I think only https://bearsden.overminddl1.com is guaranteed to have the newest version.

Also, I think some pack loaders only provide non-standard mods in the core download, and have their launcher download the rest itself, which is quite annoying when you want to use a pack they host without their launcher.

• Decided the first add-on will have 50 new materials

some are very similar and can be split into groups while others are unique.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• Looks good or no? The stuff i made so far for the 50 material addon

Files

• Just noticed, you may have copied some wrong things. Gems are not supposed to be Smithable. for example, and there is way more issues of the same sort.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Where did you download it from? curse? https://bearsden.overminddl1.com? other?

Because bear is lazy, I think only https://bearsden.overminddl1.com is guaranteed to have the newest version.

Also, I think some pack loaders only provide non-standard mods in the core download, and have their launcher download the rest itself, which is quite annoying when you want to use a pack they host without their launcher.

I got it from curse and it said it was updated 3 days ago. I guess the launcher thing makes sense. Apparently they don't support linux either so I guess I just have to go download all of the mods myself.

• Curse takes ages to validate the updates and shit, that update might be very old therefore. Better use the bearsden link.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The overmind link actually contained all of the mods as well so I went with that. Disabled a few mods though, like Buildcraft, MmmMmm, modular windmills, GraviSuite, immersiveengineering, and logisticspipes. Are there good reasons why these were included in the lite pack?

• So after watching Bear's videos and seeing the troubles with the new adventure mode changes, I decided to stick with survival mode for now, and yet I was still given a flint knife at the start and am unable to break any blocks by hand. I picked up a few rocks, got some flint, made an axe, and chopped a few birch trees and pillared up with birch logs to survive the first knight ( which seemed to come on fast ). After coming down in the morning, I got a crash. Unable to post full thing apparnetly due to length. Top part reads:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Shall we play a game?

Time: 8/1/17 10:36 PM

Description: Exception getting block type in world

java.lang.RuntimeException: Already decorating!!

at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeDecorator.func_150512_a(BiomeDecorator.java:97)

at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeGenBase.func_76728_a(BiomeGenBase.java:339)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderGenerate.java:421)

at exterminatorJeff.undergroundBiomes.worldGen.ChunkProviderWrapper.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderWrapper.java:68)

at exterminatorJeff.undergroundBiomes.worldGen.UBChunkProvider.func_73153_a(UBChunkProvider.java:54)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:279)

at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1045)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147439_a(World.java:345)

at net.minecraft.block.BlockGrass.func_149674_a(BlockGrass.java:57)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:391)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeDecorator.func_150512_a(BiomeDecorator.java:97)

at net.minecraft.world.biome.BiomeGenBase.func_76728_a(BiomeGenBase.java:339)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderGenerate.java:421)

at exterminatorJeff.undergroundBiomes.worldGen.ChunkProviderWrapper.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderWrapper.java:68)

at exterminatorJeff.undergroundBiomes.worldGen.UBChunkProvider.func_73153_a(UBChunkProvider.java:54)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:279)

at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1045)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147439_a(World.java:345)

-- Requested block coordinates --

Details:

Found chunk: true

Location: World: (27,79,31), Chunk: (at 11,4,15 in 1,1; contains blocks 16,0,16 to 31,255,31), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.block.BlockGrass.func_149674_a(BlockGrass.java:57)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:391)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625)

-- Affected level --

• Just noticed, you may have copied some wrong things. Gems are not supposed to be Smithable. for example, and there is way more issues of the same sort.

i will fix this. However there are exceptions to this that were intended

while cassiterite was sometimes used as a gem. However Gregonite, cuprite (love the look and isn't poisonous like lead) and Constantinite were actually intended to be Smithable on top of being gems. However the rest of my materials were fully intended to either be one or the other. Thank you for correcting me on this.

• So after watching Bear's videos and seeing the troubles with the new adventure mode changes, I decided to stick with survival mode for now, and yet I was still given a flint knife at the start and am unable to break any blocks by hand. I picked up a few rocks, got some flint, made an axe, and chopped a few birch trees and pillared up with birch logs to survive the first knight ( which seemed to come on fast ). After coming down in the morning, I got a crash. Unable to post full thing apparnetly due to length. Top part reads:

There is a config in GT5 and GT6 that forces Adventure Mode on everyone who is in Survival Mode and then gives that player an Axe (or in current Versions a Knife).

The Exception was probably Underground Biomes related, but I'm unsure. It's a crash that randomly happens when doing Worldgen.

Just noticed, you may have copied some wrong things. Gems are not supposed to be Smithable. for example, and there is way more issues of the same sort.

i will fix this. However there are exceptions to this that were intended

while cassiterite was sometimes used as a gem. However Gregonite, cuprite (love the look and isn't poisonous like lead) and Constantinite were actually intended to be Smithable on top of being gems. However the rest of my materials were fully intended to either be one or the other. Thank you for correcting me on this.

And yes it is indeed possible to have Smithable Gem Stones. Silicon being one of them (thanks to crystallisation in that case).

I have a ton of Presets for Material Types, which basically add all the things I need for a certain Material. Don't use the Presets themselves, instead just look at them and take what you need from them, because their calls have Side Effects that are only intended for stuff that I personally added.

GregTech Website

• The following list of things need To be done for all materials to some extent? I know the (YellowDiamond.add(gregapi.data.TD.ItemGenerator.G_GEM_ORES_TRANSPARENT, CRYSTAL, BRITTLE, DECOMPOSABLE, UUM); adds the gems, so if i'm not mistaken now i have to use the following list with all 50 materials?

addItem( 0, "Tiny Pile of Examplium Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dustTiny .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 1, "Small Pile of Examplium Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dustSmall .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 2, "Examplium Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dust .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 3, "Examplium Nugget" , "", gregapi.data.OP.nugget .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 4, "Examplium Chunk" , "", gregapi.data.OP.chunkGt .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 5, "Examplium Ingot" , "", gregapi.data.OP.ingot .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 6, "Examplium Plate" , "", gregapi.data.OP.plate .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 7, "Examplium Rod" , "", gregapi.data.OP.stick .dat(tExamplium));

addItem( 8, "Examplium Ring" , "", gregapi.data.OP.ring .dat(tExamplium));

• those lines are only if your mod is standalone. If GT6 is installed you don't need them.

I'm curious, why blue steel is more durable, faster, sharper and easier to make than red steel?

Bismuth, required by red steel, is much rarer than gold or silver.

TerraFirmaCraft Logic, not my Tiering System.

GregTech Website

• so this right here is unnecessary?

addItem( 0, "Tiny Pile of Sylvanite Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dustTiny .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 1, "Small Pile of Sylvanite Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dustSmall .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 2, "Sylvanite Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dust .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 3, "Sylvanite Nugget" , "", gregapi.data.OP.nugget .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 4, "Sylvanite Chunk" , "", gregapi.data.OP.chunkGt .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 5, "Sylvanite Ingot" , "", gregapi.data.OP.ingot .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 6, "Sylvanite Plate" , "", gregapi.data.OP.plate .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 7, "Sylvanite Rod" , "", gregapi.data.OP.stick .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 8, "Sylvanite Ring" , "", gregapi.data.OP.ring .dat(tSylvanite));

addItem( 0, "Tiny Pile of Tiemannite Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dustTiny .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 1, "Small Pile of Tiemannite Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dustSmall .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 2, "Tiemannite Dust" , "", gregapi.data.OP.dust .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 3, "Tiemannite Nugget" , "", gregapi.data.OP.nugget .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 4, "Tiemannite Chunk" , "", gregapi.data.OP.chunkGt .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 5, "Tiemannite Ingot" , "", gregapi.data.OP.ingot .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 6, "Tiemannite Plate" , "", gregapi.data.OP.plate .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 7, "Tiemannite Rod" , "", gregapi.data.OP.stick .dat(tTiemannite));

addItem( 8, "Tiemannite Ring" , "", gregapi.data.OP.ring .dat(tTiemannite));

so these files

final gregapi.oredict.OreDictMaterial Chrysoberyl = gregapi.oredict.OreDictMaterial.createMaterial(32766, "Chrysoberyl", "Chrysoberyl"); // Creates a Material called "Chrysoberyl".

Chrysoberyl.setTextures(gregapi.render.TextureSet.SET_EMERALD); // gives this Material the Metallic Texture Set.

Chrysoberyl.setRGBa(200, 255, 0, 100); // Sets the RGBa Color of the Material. In this case some random blue Color.

Chrysoberyl.add(gregapi.data.TD.Processing.SMITHABLE); // This Material is smithable like regular Metal things.

Chrysoberyl.add(gregapi.data.TD.Processing.MELTING); // This Material can melt.

Chrysoberyl.add(gregapi.data.TD.Processing.FURNACE); // This Material can be molten in a regular Furnace.

Chrysoberyl.add(gregapi.data.TD.Processing.CENTRIFUGE); // This Material can be centrifuged to recycle it.

Chrysoberyl.add(gregapi.data.TD.Compounds.DECOMPOSABLE); // This Material can be decomposed in general.

Chrysoberyl.add(gregapi.data.TD.ItemGenerator.G_GEM_ORES_TRANSPARENT, CRYSTAL, BRITTLE, DECOMPOSABLE, UUM);

Chrysoberyl.setStatsEnergetic(1506, 2070); // This Material melts at 2000 Kelvin and Boils at 4000 Kelvin.

Chrysoberyl.setMcfg( 0, Be , 1*U,Al , 2*U, O , 4*U,) ; // This Material consists out of one Unit of Steel.

Chrysoberyl.setOriginalMod(MOD_ID, MOD_NAME); // Gives your Mod the credit for creating this Material.

Chrysoberyl.aspects(gregapi.data.TC.METALLUM, 3); // Thaumcraft Aspects related to this Material.

are good enough to handle machine parts, test tubes and literally everything else that something like yellow sapphire involves

• yes that should handle all the things. and the Tiemannite and Sylvannite stuff is indeed unneeded.

GregTech Website

• good i removed those 2 things then anyways. I'm gonna try to actually compile it after lunch. Now i'm wondering how to get this mod online. Could we get an addon page on the website?

• not sure if this is a bad idea but the vast majority of possible does are active in my config. Including nikolite, teslatite and electroine