[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• My guess would be that Techguns causes that, at least I saw (somewhat) similar issue on their Github. Shame creator won't post the source code, there's quite some stuff that can be fixed in a matter of seconds.

Nah that happens even with just GT6, so it is definitely SOME interaction between the two. I talked about it with Speiger for ages and we didnt find any fix for this Bug... :/

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• https://forum.gregtech.overmin…silencing-of-protests/628

Lets kill Democracy in Europe and silence Protests against Article 11, 12 and 13!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• how to use barometer gas cylinder? i found one with helium, but can't extract gas in machine by nozzle

Use Nozzle or Cap Nozzle to extract it

Also Patreon Update Post https://www.patreon.com/posts/25231193

GregTech Website

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• Hey Greg, in light of some semi-recent data-loss events affecting the modded Minecraft ecosystem (e.g. Minecraft Forum's recent destruction of old threads posted by its EU users, Dropbox disabling public links in 2017, MediaFire deleting old uploads, etc) I've been working to preserve as much of it as I can before a similar event causes even more mods to be lost. That being said, I've backed up all the artifacts (mod, core, api, source, default config pack, etc) for the GregTech versions I could find on your site just in case things go sideways at some point in the future.

For each mod version I've downloaded, I've also been recording the release dates for those versions, but I noticed that some of the release dates on the site are probably not accurate (specifically for versions 5.04.00 to 6.02.07 on the 1.7.10 download page; those dates are all within a few minutes of one another, which doesn't really make sense given your weekly update schedule). I'm guessing these were created before you had your current site, and you transferred them over from somewhere else. If you transferred them over FTP with something like FileZilla, be aware that by default it doesn't copy the original file modification dates when you transfer the files from one machine to the other. You can enable this with the Transfer > Preserve Timestamps of Transferred Files menu option.

I've also noticed that the release dates on your download page are presented in the server's local time (which is either PST (UTC-8) or PDT (UTC-7) depending on whether or not Daylight Savings Time is in effect) as opposed to something more neutral and unaffected by Daylight Savings Time like UTC. To make the dates more automation-friendly, Check out the <time> element here. You can use it to display a user-friendly local date (e.g. 03/14/2019 09:57:40 AM), while also storing a machine-friendly global date (e.g. 2019-03-14T16:57:40Z) in its datetime attribute.

The other thing I wanted to bring to your attention: I took a peek at the files inside of one of the .jars for a recent version of GregTech (6.10.07), and it looks like since you switched to the new build system, the timestamps for the files in the .jars are all invalid (they're all 1970-01-01T00:00:00). Usually when I can't find an "official" release date for a mod version, I can get a somewhat more accurate date by opening the .jar or .zip and finding the maximum timestamp, but that only works if the software that generated the archive bothered to include timestamps (though I think some build systems may intentionally disable this in the interest of reproducible builds). If it's possible to do so, could I trouble you to enable timestamps again, just in case the original release dates are ever lost?

Thanks,

--theJ89.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89: minutes, not seconds. ().

• 1) Good to know, Balkons Weaponmod is dead because of that. Though all other Mods on my List are still alive on the MC Forums.

2) Yeah the Dates are within minutes from each other because the Forge Server they were originally on was shitty and broken as fuck, I lost access to it, and they eventually deleted a ton of their HTML Files there, while keeping the Mod Files still online.

3) Unsure if the Timestamps can be fixed or not. OvermindDL1 is currently lecturing me on why including timestamps in any jar File is bad for any build system, so I guess that will not happen.

4) As for GregTech Files, while I dont store every single Version myself, I would always make sure that at least the latest is re-uploaded, in case the Serverside backup fails that is. But I doubt my Stuff would be erased for dumb reasons like that, considering I have backups of the important things.

GregTech Website

• Ah okay. I wasn't aware that it would cause issues with the build system, my bad. As for the lost dates for the old GT versions, I was able to find that Forge Files page you were talking about here. Looks like the original dates are still available. Here's the release dates for each version if you're looking to restore them:

Edit:

As for the Balkon's Weapon Mod thread, Wayback Machine's got you covered. The only bad thing about finding MCF threads on Wayback is that you need to know the exact URL, which is sometimes difficult due to the SEO Minecraft Forum applies to the thread URLs, and due to the multiple forum software changes over the years.

The post was edited 2 times, last by theJ89: a note about balkon's and wayback ().

• Hello! I don't understand how modes of the anvil is worked(small and big). I wonder if you could help me with this situation.

One side is doing Large bending (looks like a "U" shape from the top) and the other side does Small Bending (looks like a "C" from the side), and the top side is for normal hammering, plain and simple.

It is also explained on this page https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/1.7.10/earlygame/

GregTech Website

• Good day, dear GregoriusT, I had difficulties downloading GregTech 6 from Your site, namely writes when downloading that "can not access the site Exceeded the waiting time for a response from the site gregtech.overminddl1.com ahhh! ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT", used as a browser Google Chrome and Tor Browse, I'm from Russia, I found no problems with the Internet, because other sites are loaded perfectly, if you do not know the solution to this problem then could you throw off the Gregtech 6 last version of Your wonderful modification ?

• Good day, dear GregoriusT, I had difficulties downloading GregTech 6 from Your site, namely writes when downloading that "can not access the site Exceeded the waiting time for a response from the site gregtech.overminddl1.com ahhh! ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT", used as a browser Google Chrome and Tor Browse, I'm from Russia, I found no problems with the Internet, because other sites are loaded perfectly, if you do not know the solution to this problem then could you throw off the Gregtech 6 last version of Your wonderful modification ?

Really? When did you try to download it?

Are you using Linux? Maybe with the wget Command you can find out what happened.

I told OvermindDL1 about the Issue and am waiting for his response since he hosts the whole thing.

GregTech Website

• Really?

Yes.

When did you try to download it?

Today, yesterday, just tried to visit website .

Are you using Linux?

Not, i'm using windows 7 pro, I asked my friends to go to the site, everything works for them, and my site also worked, but a couple of days ago I wanted to download the 6th version of the modification and the site itself stopped working exclusively for me, I have no idea why this is possible, because I did not interfere with the system, I write the code for my projects, no more.
    upd:Uh, used the anonymizer and..... Site successfully open.

• Not, i'm using windows 7 pro, I asked my friends to go to the site, everything works for them, and my site also worked, but a couple of days ago I wanted to download the 6th version of the modification and the site itself stopped working exclusively for me, I have no idea why this is possible, because I did not interfere with the system, I write the code for my projects, no more.

Ahhh I see, do your Friends use the same Internet Provider you use to have this happen?

OvermindDL1 told me that people in Russia and China have random connectivity Issues for random Websites at times. Try to reconfigure your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 instead of the one of your ISP, maybe your Internet Service Provider is fucking you over or screwing up generally. I know mine did for some websites until I fixed it on my end.

Rebooting your Router might help too, just unplug its Power and plug it back in.

GregTech Website

• this is kinda minor but riverwater has a height difference to vanilla water
    and it makes for strange separations when it meets a lake
    I think all GT water types are shorter but I haven't checked yet

• this is kinda minor but riverwater has a height difference to vanilla water
    and it makes for strange separations when it meets a lake
    I think all GT water types are shorter but I haven't checked yet

All Forge Fluid Types are shorter, nothing I can really do about it as far as I know......

GregTech Website

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/25696689

Updated. also contains lots of Politics Rants.

GregTech Website

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/26061259

Release of Natural Gasses

GregTech Website

• Crashing on this newest update D:

• Oh I see, gonna fix that right quick.

GregTech Website