[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

[ADDED] Potion Effects to Swampwater, Oil and Natural Gas when you dont wear an appropriate Hazmat Suit.

Umm... *what* effects? ;)

You shithead forum, why do you automatically wrap pastes in [CODE]? and then insist on numbering it and highlighting it bright yellow?

• Its EU per Packet ofcourse.

Poison, Hunger, Nausea, Blindness, that kinda deal.

And guess why I am mostly on my own Forums by now instead of here. I am not gonna 100% leave because I wanna give legacy Support but this place isn't really good or maintained by anybody anymore...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• These new gearbox transformers... you can use them to take the output from two turbines, combine it, and inject the combined RU into a single turbine right? So I can use an invar turbine + a steel turbine to drive an MV dynamo?

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• These new gearbox transformers... you can use them to take the output from two turbines, combine it, and inject the combined RU into a single turbine right? So I can use an invar turbine + a steel turbine to drive an MV dynamo?

Yes if you use two identical Turbines with two identical Boilers

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Yeah the Gearbox Inputs have to be the same "Voltage" for it to work, otherwise the Gears will get stuck, since one is way faster than the other, just like in real life.

GregTech Website

• Yeah the Gearbox Inputs have to be the same "Voltage" for it to work, otherwise the Gears will get stuck, since one is way faster than the other, just like in real life.

IRL you can have them turning at the same speed, but producing different amounts of power. You can also use different gear ratios for different speeds. Maybe if I run two steel turbines with only 2 instead of 3 dense invar boilers... or maybe 2 dense and one or two normal... hrm...

• If you had mismatching rotation speeds IRL you would end up with the slower Turbine becoming much more inefficient and wasting power, that's why I dont let it combine mismatching Rotation Speeds.

GregTech Website

• The counterpart to the tiny funnel but for gasses

GregTech Website

• If im trying to make a LinkedList<Block> that has both vanilla and GT blocks,
    how can i get the GT block listed as a "Block" type rather than BlocksGT.Limestone which is "BlockBase" type (BlockBase extends Block but for some reason its not doing anything)

I tried doing LinkedList.add(BlocksGT.Limestone.getBlock()); but I might be confused on the way that's supposed to be used, although it returns "Block" type so idk
    Im completely new to modding MC so any advice is helpful :)

• just "yourLinkedList.add(BlocksGT.Limestone)" that should very much work.

GregTech Website

• Aww damnit... transformer gearboxes require lubricant to make. Fortunately it seems you can get some from harvest craft cotton, but what if you didn't have that mod? Greg! Need a GT alternate lubricant for this. What's wrong with some raw oil? Or seed oil?

• Aww damnit... transformer gearboxes require lubricant to make. Fortunately it seems you can get some from harvest craft cotton, but what if you didn't have that mod? Greg! Need a GT alternate lubricant for this. What's wrong with some raw oil? Or seed oil?

The Low Tier Gearboxes accept Seed Oil as far as I know.

GregTech Website

• The Low Tier Gearboxes accept Seed Oil as far as I know.

Does that include steel, or only bronze and wood? NEI seemed to say it was lubricant only. So far the only reason I've thought of to use them is to drive an MV dynamo for acid washing before I have enough titanium for a titanium turbine ( not found a titianium vein yet ). What other uses are there for these things? In particular, why would you want to use a higher tier one after getting far enough in to have a distillation tower?

• Because Gearboxes are actually useful to transmit power around corners?

GregTech Website

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/27072821

Update Post one day early, usually I wait a day but this time I didnt.

GregTech Website

• Because Gearboxes are actually useful to transmit power around corners?

So you would use it not to combine or split power ( which is its stated purpose ), but simply to turn an axle around a corner? I'm still not sure why you would ever even use an axle. Come to think of it, if you do have it in split mode, does it always split to 1/4th on each of 4 faces, or is it more like a power transformer where it can put out half the power on each of two faces at once if something is there to accept it, or all of it to a single face? But there's nothing like amps for RU is there?

• So you would use it not to combine or split power ( which is its stated purpose ), but simply to turn an axle around a corner? I'm still not sure why you would ever even use an axle. Come to think of it, if you do have it in split mode, does it always split to 1/4th on each of 4 faces, or is it more like a power transformer where it can put out half the power on each of two faces at once if something is there to accept it, or all of it to a single face? But there's nothing like amps for RU is there?

For that I would like to refer you to the Changelog, i am way too lazy to explain this whole thing. Ctrl + F helps a lot

GregTech Website

• Rather than gather up 200 cotton seeds to make the lubricant for the gearbox, I realized that I can simply make a second MV dynamo, drive them with one steel turbine each ( powered by two dense and one regular invar boiler ), and technically they will output high end LV which I can use a transformer to combine and step up to MV. It seems odd to be using an MV dynamo to make LV, but there it is. I can also just use one of them to fully drive the LV electrolyzer.