[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Rather than gather up 200 cotton seeds to make the lubricant for the gearbox, I realized that I can simply make a second MV dynamo, drive them with one steel turbine each ( powered by two dense and one regular invar boiler ), and technically they will output high end LV which I can use a transformer to combine and step up to MV. It seems odd to be using an MV dynamo to make LV, but there it is. I can also just use one of them to fully drive the LV electrolyzer.

• so i just updated to the newest version of gregtech, and something strange is happening. i'm electrolyzing salt to get chlorine, but it's not producing any sodium hydroxide at all. there is no item output from the machine. is this intentional?

• so i just updated to the newest version of gregtech, and something strange is happening. i'm electrolyzing salt to get chlorine, but it's not producing any sodium hydroxide at all. there is no item output from the machine. is this intentional?

Wait what exactly are you doing? Electrolyzing molten salt or salty water or salt + water?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Wait what exactly are you doing? Electrolyzing molten salt or salty water or salt + water?

Ok it was just some weird incident. for some reason it wasn't registering the salt as being in the machine and was just electrolyzing the water. i reloaded the game and it's working properly now.

• Ok it was just some weird incident. for some reason it wasn't registering the salt as being in the machine and was just electrolyzing the water. i reloaded the game and it's working properly now.

Wait what? Didn't I add a Selector Tag to the Water Electrolyzing for that specific reason?!

Edit: Yeah remove the Selector Tag when you swap the Recipe, ofcourse it will find the wrong Recipe at times if you dont remove it. The Tag is literally there to select the Recipe.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Is there any way to take the middle of the tier output of a battery box and kick it up to top of the tier voltage?

not really, why dont you just send 2 amps to a motor?

GregTech Website

• not really, why dont you just send 2 amps to a motor?

Less loss along the wire, thinner wire needed. What if you limit the battery box to 2 amps and connect it to a transformer? Won't it step it up to the border between the two tiers? i.e. the max voltage for that tier? For example, MV battery box sends out two 128 volt amps and won't an MV-HV transformer take that and send out 1 amp at 256 volts, which is both the minimum for HV and maximum for MV?

• Less loss along the wire, thinner wire needed. What if you limit the battery box to 2 amps and connect it to a transformer? Won't it step it up to the border between the two tiers? i.e. the max voltage for that tier? For example, MV battery box sends out two 128 volt amps and won't an MV-HV transformer take that and send out 1 amp at 256 volts, which is both the minimum for HV and maximum for MV?

You can try, it might work with an Up-Transformer.

GregTech Website

• You can try, it might work with an Up-Transformer.

Do I understand how transformers work correctly? Going down it is always 1 amp in, 4 amps out, but going up, it takes in however much it can get in a tick ( up to the max output packet size ) and sends out 1 amp with the sum of all it took in? Or will it output nothing until it gets 4 amps in? Even if that takes multiple ticks?

• It seems the ultimet combination smelting recipe does not work properly: chrome just gets sintered with nickel into nichrome and ruins all the mix, or mb I am doing it wrong??( Seems that similar problem was once in stainless steel recipe, though.

• It seems the ultimet combination smelting recipe does not work properly: chrome just gets sintered with nickel into nichrome and ruins all the mix, or mb I am doing it wrong??( Seems that similar problem was once in stainless steel recipe, though.

Oh that is easy to solve, insert the nickel or the chrome last, that way they wont combine ahead of time.

Do I understand how transformers work correctly? Going down it is always 1 amp in, 4 amps out, but going up, it takes in however much it can get in a tick ( up to the max output packet size ) and sends out 1 amp with the sum of all it took in? Or will it output nothing until it gets 4 amps in? Even if that takes multiple ticks?

transformers wait until they can emit one full packet, so it might work, maybe it doesn't but that's for you to experiment with. ;)

GregTech Website

• Greg, since the main way of making electricity in GT (and irl) is heat>steam>turbine>dynamo, are we ever going to play around with supercritical water boilers/turbines for extra power or efficiency? :D

• Gas flow does't seem to be working right... oxygen tries to flow out of the drum into a pipe below. Also it seems a tap does not work on a boiler; there's no way to get the distilled water out.

• Drum output works both ways for gasses.

And where the fuck does a Boiler make Distilled Water? Boilers dont make Distilled Water, Boilers make STEAM.

GregTech Website

• Drum output works both ways for gasses.

It does? Then how does my drum that holds methane work? Pipe goes in on bottom, out on top and the drum doesn't keep trying to push the methane out the bottom. When I put an oxygen drum on top of a pipe though, it kept trying to push it back into the pipe instead of taking it in and filling up. The latter works the way you describe, but the former does not, and is kind of required if you want to be able to use a drum as a buffer in a pipe line, as opposed to simply having it either set to fill up, or empty out, but not both at the same time.

And where the fuck does a Boiler make Distilled Water? Boilers dont make Distilled Water, Boilers make STEAM.

No kidding; I was tearing the boiler out and wanted to empty its *input* tank of distilled water instead of voiding it.

• transformers wait until they can emit one full packet, so it might work, maybe it doesn't but that's for you to experiment with.

Hrm... strange... the wire burns up and it looks like an energy meter on it flickers to 300 something eu/t. I wonder why it is doing that. Also it seems that a manual selector set to zero does not stop the battery box from outputting. Yea... with 1 amp going in, the output flickers between 0 and 384, so it looks like there's maybe a > 256 where you meant to use a >= 256? Yes: 3 amps in reliably outputs 384 eu/p over a 1x annealed copper cable. 2 should output 256 but it seems to wait until it can do strictly greater than 256, which takes it to 384 every other tick.

Also, what is the difference between the manual selector and the new button panel selector?

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• Mode 0 = No Mode, Mode 1 - 15 = Amount of Amps.

GregTech Website