[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Oh wait, I think I remember now: a retriever will reach through the pipe to a far away machine that normally will not push into the pipe and pull things from the machine into the pipe, to itself, and then inject them into the machine it is attached to, right?

Yes that's it. Can also be a far away Chest or Item Barrel. And also yes to your Machine A B thing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I see. How about adding the ability to filter to the conveyor? Also when you added the lightning processor, I thought you made it able to create hydrogen peroxide, but it appears that still has no recipe. Is that something else coming or should that be added to the lightning processor?

• I see. How about adding the ability to filter to the conveyor? Also when you added the lightning processor, I thought you made it able to create hydrogen peroxide, but it appears that still has no recipe. Is that something else coming or should that be added to the lightning processor?

Wait for H2O2? Why that?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• What would be the ingredients to make H2O2 in a Lightning Strike Machine?

GregTech Website

• What would be the ingredients to make H2O2 in a Lightning Strike Machine?

Not sure. Water? Water + Oxygen? Hydrogen + Oxygen?

I also just noticed that pipes get the same temperature bonus crucibles do so you can run molten invar through an invar pipe, but drums do not, so you can't store molten invar in an invar drum. Also there is a tungstensteel drum but no tungstensteel tap.

• There is a Tungsten Tap for that.

And yes Pipes get that Bonus, while Tanks dont. This is intended so you can still transfer Stuff but dont get the dumb Idea to store Stuff youre not supposed to store in the first place.

GregTech Website

• There is a Tungsten Tap for that.

And yes Pipes get that Bonus, while Tanks dont. This is intended so you can still transfer Stuff but dont get the dumb Idea to store Stuff youre not supposed to store in the first place.

There's a tungsten drum too, but you can use less tungsten to make one of tungstensteel instead. Would make sense to do the same for a tap. I thought it felt a little cheeky to store lava in a drum, but it sure was nice to be able to stick it on top of a basin on a hopper and let it auto pour lava into obsidian. I was hoping to fill a drum with invar from the mixer, then move the drum to the input side and make stainless, then just transfer the drum of stainles to the mold like I did with the lava, but alas.. on the other hand I can still do that as long as I use a tungstensteel drum.

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• Hey everyone, just a quick question:

Started playing GT6 yesterday. What is the best way to get tin early in the game for making bronze?

Currently I'm walking around and turning every ore bearing stone. Is there just plain tin or what other tin-containing ores can i look for?

Does the biome make a difference?

• Started playing GT6 yesterday. What is the best way to get tin early in the game for making bronze?

Cassiterite. Tetrahedrite is best for copper.

I just noticed that the smelter has a fluid input and a solid output. Why? It only takes solids and turns them into liquids.

• Cassiterite. Tetrahedrite is best for copper.

I just noticed that the smelter has a fluid input and a solid output. Why? It only takes solids and turns them into liquids.

Ah, perfect, thank you.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer but I have yet another question

Can I (and how) store steam in a tank (for example small invar tank made out of main valve and wall) ?

It says it can handle gasses, but when i connect a pipe with steam to the tank i hear a hissing noise as if the steam leaks out somewhere.

Obviously I'm loosing the steam. But why? Am I missing something? Does it even make sense to store the steam? I thought I'd use it like a buffer for my machines.

• Can I (and how) store steam in a tank (for example small invar tank made out of main valve and wall) ?

It says it can handle gasses, but when i connect a pipe with steam to the tank i hear a hissing noise as if the steam leaks out somewhere.

Obviously I'm loosing the steam. But why? Am I missing something? Does it even make sense to store the steam? I thought I'd use it like a buffer for my machines.

Nope. You just have to produce the right amount of steam to drive the machine you want. The tooltip says can not store power conductor fluids, which means steam.

• Ok, that brings me directly to my next question. Why is a steel steam boiler unable to drive a saw?

This is my Setting:

Steel Burning Box: 32 HU/t

Steel Boiler: 32HU/t -> 64 Steam/t

Bronze Turbine : 64 Steam/t -> 64/3 (21,33) RU/t ( within rated specs of the bronze turbine which is 24 to 96 Steam/t and 8 to 32 RU/t)

The Bronze Saw (16 to 64 RU/t) is unsuccessfully trying to cut Birch Wood Beams, which is a Tier 16GU operation and should require 16GU/t

EDIT:

Tried the setup with just bronze parts. Now it works fine. So I even have to pay attention to not drive machines with too much steam?
    If that is true, when will i ever need a Steel Boiler with its weird output of 64 Steam/t (which converts to 21,33 RU/t?)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bratzi ().

• You do have to not overdrive the machine, but the saw's max is 64, so that should have worked. I normally prefer to use dense invar boilers for the 100% efficiency once I'm past the first bronze ones but I have used steel in the past when invar was in short supply. Did you forget to give it water?

Hey Greg, did ferrovanadium ore get removed when magnetite was? Is black sand the only source of vanadium, so I should be sure to centrifuge it instead of magnetic separating it, since it looks like some day I will need vanadium-gallium wires?

• Yes Black Sand is only Source of Ferrovanadium. And what you use it for is your choice ;)

GregTech Website

• The catalytic cracker needs zeolite to make. This stuff appears to only be obtainable directly as zeolite ore ( no byproducts to or from anything else ), and I have never seen a zeolite bearing rock ( and the other day I even found a graphite bearing one which I'm pretty sure means there's a diamond vein there ). Does it appear in small quantities inside any other vein?