[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Is there a way of expanding the player inventory? With all the stuff GT adds, it's really hard to go 5 minutes before it fills up

Forestry backpacks. There also was some sort of satchel or other kind of cloth/string bag in one of the mods in Bear's GT6 light pack but I seem to have removed whatever mod it was in this game. I've already got like 6-8 compartment drawers that are full of stuff, in addition to a few older GT chests and vanilla double chests... I really need to get an AE2 system setup just to be able to store all the crap and find it when you need it.

• What about using Minecarts in Mineshafts?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• You mean using minecart chests as mobile inventory while mining? That's not really the problem. Since GT has huge concentrated veins of stuff, I can just set up chests in the mine. The real problem is either just the general crafting and building of my base, or the above ground explorations where having to babysit a minecart gets very tedious very quickly

• Yeah I intentionally didnt add any Backpacks or Strongboxes to GT6, so you actually build up infrastructure instead of going all out Murder Hobo.

It's easy to just install a dedicated Backpacks Mod if you really need something like that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I'll try to play around it for now, but I'll install a backpack mod if it gets too tedious. Anyway, could you remind me what's the intended way to get your first steel (aka how to get the first carbon dusts)?

• I'll try to play around it for now, but I'll install a backpack mod if it gets too tedious. Anyway, could you remind me what's the intended way to get your first steel (aka how to get the first carbon dusts)?

Find some graphite while bedrock mining for diamonds.

[CHANGED] Vitriol Electrolyzation Recipe. Now requires Selector Tag 1 instead of 0 and also needs Water, but it will output Sulfuric Acid directly.

This is now the only way to do it? Then why change to tag 1? Or can we still use the 0 recipe if we want? This makes sulfuric acid washing so much simpler... don't need the roaster and two mixers any more! Kind of feels a little too easy. And last week you tripled the amount of extra refined ore you get from sulfuric acid washing. Now it kind of feels like the other acid washing is weak by comparison.

Take Gold: sulfuric acid gets you half a copper and an extra half of a refined gold ore. Aqua regia gets you half a gold, and only 1.5 tiny copper ore. Should this also be boosted like the sulfuric recipes?

Hematite/scheelite/bunch of things can be washed in hydrochloric to get half a manganese, and nothing else. Should these also give half a refined ore?

Copper, Tin and Cassitirite are in the same boat as gold: you only get 1.5 tiny refined byproduct, but for the tin and cassitirite sulfuric isn't even an option.

By the way, since magnetite was removed, it feels like there isn't much you can sulfuric acid wash to get iron. It looks pretty limited to chromite and tungsten ores. You can't sulfuric acid wash Hematite, Yellow or Brown Limonite. The Hematite sluices for a little bit of purified magnetite, which you can acid wash, but that seems to be the only thing that does give magnetite as a byproduct that actually spawns in the game. Why no acid washing for the limonites?

Also, why is there no nitric acid washing? Doesn't that dissolve silver? And aren't there other things besides manganese that hydrochloric can dissolve?

[ADDED] The Lightning Processor can now produce H2O2, K2SO4 and Na2SO4.

Yay! Now I just need to make one of these and I'll finally be able to get a ton of copper out of these couple of stacks of purified malechite ore I've had sitting around that I dug up while trying to get... tungsten I think. Not sure why it was mixed in with that, but there it was.

• So I noticed that you can get a teeny, tiny amount of adamantium from bedrock drilling. I assumed that was just to get you enough to scan it so you can use the matter fabricator to make more, but alas, it appears you can not make it with the matter fabricator. Why? I'm really having a hard time figuring out why I would ever want to use a matter fabricator. I mean, it seems like anything interesting you may want to make because getting it any other way is too hard is banned from the fabricator.

Also I found a vanadium pentoxide bedrock ore vein in my test world, so I guess black sand isn't the only source of vanadium afterall ;)

Oddly, I noticed that instead of being "Bedrock Vanadium pentoxide ore", some of it read as small ore, even though it was inside bedrock. Is that normal? Can you actually mine that since small ores get -1 tool required?

• Oh right the Matter Fabricator was actually supposed to be able to make Adamantium, must have forgotten about that!

And yeah infinite Bedrock does have Vanadium Sources too. ;)

Small Ore just means that the bedrock Drill will have half yield than on a normal Ore. You need to place the 3x3 Drill ontop of as many Bedrock Ores as possible for maximum efficiency.

GregTech Website

• Small Ore just means that the bedrock Drill will have half yield than on a normal Ore. You need to place the 3x3 Drill ontop of as many Bedrock Ores as possible for maximum efficiency.

I see. Another question, or two rather: making circuit wiring by hand ( copper only ) uses fine wires and the cutter. Why does the laser engraver need 4 foil? Why not just use 1 plate? And why do you make foil with the cluster mill, which has zero other uses, rather than putting a plate in the rolling mill for a second go? And why is there no extruder shape for foil?

• Because Clustermills are used to make Foils IRL too, and you need way more Rolls for it to work. And Circuits use Foils because Plates are too thick.

GregTech Website

• Because I wanted it to be 1 material unit that's why.

GregTech Website

• I just tried playing with a bedrock drill in creative. I built a gas turbine to drive it and it made the drill blow up. Why? The drill says it takes up to 4k RU, and the turbine's nominal output is 4k. Is it actually going to the max of 8k? Also, where do you put the lubricant in?

• Yeah it is going max, maybe add a planetary gearbox inbetween. And lubricant goes pretty much anywhere in the Drill?

GregTech Website

• Yeah it is going max, maybe add a planetary gearbox inbetween. And lubricant goes pretty much anywhere in the Drill?

How will a gearbox help? Is it because it will output 4 amps at 1/4th the voltage and the drill will only accept one amp and the rest will be voided? That doesn't seem great. I tried putting lubricant in one of the other 4 sides that accept RU and it didn't work. Then I tried the item out hole on the top and I figured I must need a universal extender. Didn't think to try somewhere else ;)

What did you think about my post on acids?

• I did buff Aqua Regia already, so I didnt think much about your Post. And yes some balancing needs to be made more useful.

GregTech Website

• I did buff Aqua Regia already, so I didnt think much about your Post. And yes some balancing needs to be made more useful.

You buffed it for platinum group sludge ore, but not for gold, and hydrochloric seems to get the shaft now compared to sulfuric. And are you sure you really want to make the electrolyzer output sulfuric acid from vitriol directly? That seems a little too easy.

Man, when I said you can get a teeny, tiny amount of adamantium from a bedrock drill I wasn't kidding. I've been running one for an hour or two now in my test world and have nearly 4 stacks of ore, but only one impure pile of bedrock dust. Which only has a 30% chance of giving 1 tiny pile of adamantine dust. You need 63 of those to be able to electrolyze it into adamantium, so that's ~210 impure bedrock dust needed. At this rate that is going to be a long, long time. How do you actually scan it to get the usb stick for replication? How many do you need for that?