[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Yes all the Furnace-able Metals are cheaper in the Extruder.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Oh that's weird. Fluix dust says it contains iron, mercury, aluminate and chromium, but it can be mixed with calcium sulfate walstonite and sulfur trioxide, voiding the iron, mercury, aluminate, and chromium.

• Fluix is made of Quartz and Redstone, and Redstone is made of a ton of different Stuffs.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• So it appears there is a GT hamburger, and a Pam's hamburger. Pam's can be upgraded to a cheeseburger, but Greg's can't. Greg's can be made out of meat bars, which can be made from chicken, but Pam's can't. Also iirc, redstone contains mercury and chromium, but not iron and aluminate.

• So it appears there is a GT hamburger, and a Pam's hamburger. Pam's can be upgraded to a cheeseburger, but Greg's can't. Greg's can be made out of meat bars, which can be made from chicken, but Pam's can't. Also iirc, redstone contains mercury and chromium, but not iron and aluminate.

Pyrite = Iron and Sulfur, Ruby = Alumina + Chrome

GregTech Website

• Heya, I got crash when updating to newest GT (6.11.03) from 6.10.25 as we update every few weeks when we have time to play..

Code
    1. https://gist.github.com/hanakocz/b4d8a51999ef63964b05838b3b92f6f2

Gany's Surface has config to disable/enable bunch of stuff, we had basalt disabled since the start of server few years ago. Enabling it fixed the crash, but I believe you might want to check the detection stuff on your side. Assuming that mod has enabled all freely configurable stuff is probably not really wise and this looks like being introduced just recently from new GT :)

Have a nice day :)

• Well uhh, I would keep its Basalt enabled, it generates using the GT6 way of Worldgen too. ^^

GregTech Website

• Ye that's the thing, we disabled many stuffs because there was another way to get them (for example via gregtech), that's why :) Always sux to have 4 kinds of one item.

• Well damn... it seems that the boxinator can't turn rubber chips into rubber bars... and neither will the dust funnel. They just plug it up.

The Dust Funnel only does Dusts not Nuggets. And I am pretty sure the Boxinator can do Rubber.

Edit: The Boxinator doesn't even do Nuggets now that I looked at it. So why exactly did you complain? The Item Barrels and Mass Storages can do the whole Nugget to Ingot thing just fine though.

GregTech Website

• Edit: The Boxinator doesn't even do Nuggets now that I looked at it. So why exactly did you complain? The Item Barrels and Mass Storages can do the whole Nugget to Ingot thing just fine though.

Because the boxinator can turn ingots into blocks, so why not nuggets into ingots? I guess I could use a mass storage, but 66 metal seems a little steep for something it seems that either the dust funnel or boxinator should be able to do, and I don't need to store anywhere near a million rubber. I guess those smaller plastic storage boxes also can auto convert the nuggets to bars? I didn't think of that before. Maybe I'll try one of those.

By the way, it would be really nice if duct tape also worked on chests and compartment drawers.

• By the way, it would be really nice if duct tape also worked on chests and compartment drawers.

Yeah no that's OP and exactly what i wanted to prevent.

GregTech Website

• What? Why is being able to move a dozen stacks of misc items OP but moving a million of one type of item isn't?

Because people abuse that to loot shit all in one go if you allow more than one type of item per inventory slot that is why

GregTech Website

• Because people abuse that to loot shit all in one go if you allow more than one type of item per inventory slot that is why

You mean the way Bear does with those wood crates he has, and I do with forestry backpacks? ;)

And isn't that why you have to pay for the ability by using up tape? What about something more like... what's that mod where you have a dolly that lets you pick up an inventory and move it without the contents falling out, but you can only hold one at a time and are slowed down while doing it? Being limited so you can't pick up more than one at once should be enough to balance it right?

• You mean the way Bear does with those wood crates he has, and I do with forestry backpacks?

Exactly that! Thats why I dont add similar Stuff in GT6.

And isn't that why you have to pay for the ability by using up tape? What about something more like... what's that mod where you have a dolly that lets you pick up an inventory and move it without the contents falling out, but you can only hold one at a time and are slowed down while doing it? Being limited so you can't pick up more than one at once should be enough to balance it right?

The Dolly can be cheesed, and there is this dumb little unavoidable feature in MC that is "inventory in Inventory" where you doublebag your backpacks for infinite mobile Storage. This is the main reason why i dont add anything that has more than 1 Slot worth of carriable Storage.

GregTech Website

• The Dolly can be cheesed, and there is this dumb little unavoidable feature in MC that is "inventory in Inventory" where you doublebag your backpacks for infinite mobile Storage. This is the main reason why i dont add anything that has more than 1 Slot worth of carriable Storage.

It's already out there in other mods and if people are going to cheat, they are going to cheat. At least the forestry backpacks are keyed so that you can't nest backpacks in backbacks. You get one for ores, and one for rubble, and that's all that can go in them. If people really want to use one of those methods to move an infinite amount of stuff now, letting tape work on a chest isn't really going to change that. And you're still moving an infinite amount of stuff with a mass storage; it just has to all be the same type.

The thing that makes backpacks a requirement in GT for me isn't so that I can mine 10,000 blocks and carry it all at once; it's that just a few minutes of mining, even with a stone pickaxe will fill your inventory with many different types of items that are only a few pieces to a stack. You just add too many new things :)