[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• How are you supposed to hopper forestry apiaries? I put the hopper on the top and the bees stopped working because it obstructed the view of the sun. I put it on the side, and the frames do not go into the apiary.

• Youre not allowed to automate forestry frames.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/30159450

And Update. This time with a GT6 Nuclear Reactor.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• So I filled it with coolant and 4 U-238 rods by right clicking since it seems to have no GUI, and it doesn't seem to do anything. No coolant is consumed or hot coolant generated no matter which way I flip the lever. Also I can't seem to remove the fuel rods.

Since there are only 4 slots for fuel rods, can you stack them into a multi-block or something? Seems pretty limited otherwise. Also didn't you say that you can't store hot coolant because it is considered to be a power transfer fluid? Then how the hell are you supposed to use it to generate power? You know, since boilers and turbines kind of insist on the exact right amount of input heat to function, that kind of requires you to buffer up some hot coolant so you can run the heat exchanger full tilt for at least a while before shutting it off to rebuild your hot coolant buffer. Either that or you make more heat than the exchanger consumes, in which case, the hot coolant will back up and the reactor will overheat and explode? Or will it auto shutdown rather than overheat and explode?

• use the ON/OFF switch cover, my Machines NEVER accept just raw Redstone, you always have to use a Cover, except for Crucible Molds.

As for Heat Exchanger, try using it before you complain about needing "full tilt" which it very much doesn't.

And you can place multiple Reactor Cores adjacent to each other so you get a 2x4 or a 4x4 Slot thing, or larger.

GregTech Website

• use the ON/OFF switch cover, my Machines NEVER accept just raw Redstone, you always have to use a Cover, except for Crucible Molds.

Ahh, of course.. I should have thought of that.

As for Heat Exchanger, try using it before you complain about needing "full tilt" which it very much doesn't.

How so? If you aren't producing enough hot coolant to satisfy the exchanger, it will shut down at least until it gets enough. And when the heat exchanger is flickering on and off, the boiler output will be fluctuating all over and so the turbine won't run right.

And you can place multiple Reactor Cores adjacent to each other so you get a 2x4 or a 4x4 Slot thing, or larger.

Oh good. Is there a way to automatically replace the fuel rods?

• Ok, so got the core to turn on with an auto on/off switch and I tried setting up the heat exchanger. Why does it not say what sides it goes in/out on in its tooltip? Only one side seems to have markers that it does something so I put it right next to the reactor core and it seemed to do both input and output and keep swapping coolant with the core. I put a boiler on top and before it could finish heating up, the core just shut down. I don't know why it doesn't want to run now; it has like 43k L of coolant in it and the heat exchanger is empty. Also I still can't figure out how to remove the fuel rods from the core.

• Ahh, I figured out you use pincers to remove the fuel rods, but the thing still won't run any more. I even tried a machine status display switch and when I flip it on, the fuel rods start to glow, but no coolant is produced and the heat exchanger won't light up.

• How so? If you aren't producing enough hot coolant to satisfy the exchanger, it will shut down at least until it gets enough. And when the heat exchanger is flickering on and off, the boiler output will be fluctuating all over and so the turbine won't run right.

It very much works not like that, it wont go ON/OFF all the time.

Oh good. Is there a way to automatically replace the fuel rods?

No there is not. Also have you checked how many IRL days the damn thing runs? A tiny bit of maintenance can be expected every few weeks

Why does it not say what sides it goes in/out on in its tooltip?

Because it doesn't matter which side. :P

Ahh, I figured out you use pincers to remove the fuel rods, but the thing still won't run any more. I even tried a machine status display switch and when I flip it on, the fuel rods start to glow, but no coolant is produced and the heat exchanger won't light up.

Maybe you did something wrong? If the Fuel Rods are ON then they are ON and producing Hot Coolant for sure, or else the thing would make explosion sounds.

GregTech Website

• I don't have sounds enabled, but it certainly lit up and wasn't making any hot coolant. I broke it and replaced it, and the first time it did NOT run until I put an auto on/off switch on it, but this time it runs all by itself. It seems that the heat exchanger does some sort of auto throttling thing the way most RF based machines do where it slows down the lower its internal buffer is maybe? It seems to work somehow even though I was sure that if you didn't give a boiler the exact amount of heat its tooltip says it wants, weird shit happened.

I seemed to be getting a very long lasting 90 EU/t using a dense tungsten heat exchanger, boiler, and titanium turbine, and MV dynamo with 4 U-238 rods. I decided to try going for a 2x2 reactor and see what adding some reflectors or absorbers will do but I can't seem to get the things to share fluid with each other nicely. They share cold coolant via the secondary facing but they can't seem to pass hot coolant to one another so only one the directly connected to the exchanger was emptying its output tank. I tried wrapping the thing in a quad pipe connected to the heat exchanger thinking they should all just be able to accept cold coolant from the pipe when they have room, and drop the hot coolant into it to take it to the exchanger, but I can't seem to get them happy.

• Also it seems that the lifetime of the fuel is not effected by higher neutron flux. Are you planning on adding that? If you burn the fuel faster to get more heat out of it, it shouldn't last as long should it? I would think that would be the tradeoff between neutron absorbers and refectors; reflecting will get you a lot more power for a faster burn rate, but absorbers get more power without burning the fuel faster, so more efficiency.

• So I have been breeding forestry bees this week and as a result I have been centrifuging a lot of combs. My centrifuge is connected to an aluminum brass item pipe going to a chest. Every time I centrifuge combs from rocky bees, and only these combs, they produce a pile of stone dust and 2 small piles of bees wax. Every time, the very last one to be centrifuged puts the output in the centrifuge, and they get stuck there instead of being piped to the chest. It is only the very last one, and it happens every time, and only with this particular comb. All outputs before the last one go into the chest, and all outputs with all other combs go into the chest, but the last one of the stone bee combs gets stuck.

• So I have been breeding forestry bees this week and as a result I have been centrifuging a lot of combs. My centrifuge is connected to an aluminum brass item pipe going to a chest. Every time I centrifuge combs from rocky bees, and only these combs, they produce a pile of stone dust and 2 small piles of bees wax. Every time, the very last one to be centrifuged puts the output in the centrifuge, and they get stuck there instead of being piped to the chest. It is only the very last one, and it happens every time, and only with this particular comb. All outputs before the last one go into the chest, and all outputs with all other combs go into the chest, but the last one of the stone bee combs gets stuck.

Can you guess why this happens? I know why, because once a Machine is shut down it doesn't DO anything, so all outputs have to be emitted BEFORE the Machine shuts down, which AGAIN boils down to USE A BIGGER PIPE!!!

Also it seems that the lifetime of the fuel is not effected by higher neutron flux. Are you planning on adding that? If you burn the fuel faster to get more heat out of it, it shouldn't last as long should it? I would think that would be the tradeoff between neutron absorbers and refectors; reflecting will get you a lot more power for a faster burn rate, but absorbers get more power without burning the fuel faster, so more efficiency.

Yes I plan Stuff, just dont know which of the Plans will go through.

GregTech Website

• Can you guess why this happens? I know why, because once a Machine is shut down it doesn't DO anything, so all outputs have to be emitted BEFORE the Machine shuts down, which AGAIN boils down to USE A BIGGER PIPE!!!

There are only two things and the pipe can take two things, so how is that not big enough? Also why is it that items won't continue to leave the machine when it stops, but fluids will? Odd.. I just ran a few more combs through and this time the output didn't get stuck at the end.

• BTW, from my testing last week of the new reactor core, since they won't pass hot coolant to one another, that makes it impossible to make a 3x3 because there is no way to get the hot coolant out of the one in the middle.

And I finally found one of these methane pockets underground. How do you capture the stuff again? It flowed out before I plugged it back up and now it's stuck to the ceiling of my tungsten mine.

• You can pass Hot Coolant up and down too you know?

And is it a Bedrock Methane Vein or a regular one?

GregTech Website

• You can pass Hot Coolant up and down too you know?

I couldn't get them to pass hot coolant to another reactor side to side. They only seem to accept cold coolant as input.

And is it a Bedrock Methane Vein or a regular one?

What's the difference? It is pretty close to bedrock. All I know is that I broke a block and the white stuff started to pour out so I walled it back in and now there's a cloud of white crap on the roof of my mine.

• What's the difference? It is pretty close to bedrock. All I know is that I broke a block and the white stuff started to pour out so I walled it back in and now there's a cloud of white crap on the roof of my mine.

There would be visible Spots on Bedrock where the Gas spawns if you had such a Vein.

GregTech Website

• So does it matter which one it is? How do you capture the stuff?

You can use a drum with a drain, that might work. Or a Pump Block. It is a difficult thing to do.

GregTech Website