[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I would consider that as a large Security leak from Computer Craft, dan200 must fix that, otherwise I will consider ComputerCraft as GRIEFING TOOL, AS IT ENABLES PLAYERS TO DAMAGE SERVERS DIRECTLY!!!

Excluding the obvious brainfart of syncing GUI all over the servers (or actually synchronizing anything when no one is actively looking at the GUI) having a whole separate programming language running inside MC already means all bets are off. There are near infinite amounts of things you can do with them to kill MC.

• Ughh i found the problem. Removing thermal expansion and cofh core seemed to fix the problem!
    I think its something to do with the ore dict api you provided KingLemming with?

• If Logistics Pipes wouldve used my Interface instead of a Hack, then it wouldve been still working.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I like what you did to the barrels, and now only one thing remains from me completely removing factorization from my server (well, except the packagers, those things rock for compacting the dusts).

I would love to see electrical floodlights that function similar to the wrath lamp.

• Greg's Baby brother ^^
    But i beleive GregT said something about implementing lasers; which totaly need to have a badass model btw, along with a very Low CURRENT NOT VOLTAGE SILLY GREG laser that lights up a huge area.
    EU/t is Voltage, EU/p is Current, irl, its current that kills you.
    On a Slightly unrelated note, do Lightning rods redirect Lightning near it, and if so, how much of a radius per Iron Fence?

• I like what you did to the barrels, and now only one thing remains from me completely removing factorization from my server (well, except the packagers, those things rock for compacting the dusts).

I would love to see electrical floodlights that function similar to the wrath lamp.

Gregs crafting tables work very well for dust compacting

• Beucase normal Nukes (Even using Greg's more realistic Recipie) Are crappy :P
    100Kt NUKE HERE I COME!!!!

You know, you can configure the power of nukes from IC2 config. Deault is 35 but no one said you can't set it to around 1000. It takes a while for the world update to finish but once it does you'll have cleared out a couple thousand chunks :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoho ().

• Hey all,

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to spare a few moments of their time to help me with a few things I don't understand about the GregTech configuration files. Especially the advanced recipes config. Expect me to ask very in-depth questions - i.e. I want to know not only that a setting overloads some recipes, but also which recipes exactly and how each of the changed recipes looks before and after.

If anyone can satisfy my curiosity, I thought, then it must be the regulars in this thread, who know the mod far better than anyone else! :)

If you'd like to help me, just say so, and I'll send you a PM.

• Did some testing. With 50 barrels performance goes from 295fps to 255fps on average. With 50 or so digital chests it goes from 295 to about 290. Hope Greg considers adding 3D or 2D item graphic /name /number of items held for these. that was one of the huge benefits of the barrel, not having to go upto each one and click it to find out the amount. Just at a glance.

• Stuff from atomic science

2013-02-23 14:22:25 [Infos] [STDOUT] Thingy Name: cellEmpty !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    2013-02-23 14:22:25 [Infos] [STDOUT] Thingy Name: cellUranium !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    2013-02-23 14:22:25 [Infos] [STDOUT] Thingy Name: cellDeuterium !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    2013-02-23 14:22:25 [Infos] [STDOUT] Thingy Name: cellWater !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    2013-02-23 14:22:26 [Infos] [STDOUT] Thingy Name: cellEmpty !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

• I finally found the actual cause to gold ores macerating into copper dusts.
    Apparently Omnitools 3.0.3 ( Only 3.0.3 ) causes gold ores be equivalent to copper ores =O
    One problem gone, but here comes another D:
    After v2.79d ( where metatileentities were changed ), after switching back and forth mystcraft worlds all the machines appear as advanced machine blocks and do not turn back into their original machine blocks. It also happens when I revive.
    I'm using optifine, if that is the culprit, likely so since I'm the first one reporting this, I think. o.0

• After v2.79d ( where metatileentities were changed ), after switching back and forth mystcraft worlds all the machines appear as advanced machine blocks and do not turn back into their original machine blocks. It also happens when I revive.

That's just the time it take to update, don't worry.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• That's just the time it take to update, don't worry.

No its not, if it doesnt take 10 seconds or less, then its a Bug. Aaaand to the next Idea to fix it!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Bug report

The heat calculation for plutonium cells does not seem to work correctly: an efficiency 17 plutonium cell will only generate 135 heat (it seems to cap at efficiency 5).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Place a plutonium cell surrounded by 4 quad thorium cells in a reactor.
    2. Place 8 overclocked heat vents and 2 reactor heat vents in the reactor (298 cooling).
    3. Turn on reactor an notice the temperature remains stable. (and produces 222 eu/t)

An efficiency 17 plutonium cell should produce 1224 heat, but only produces 135.

• What? I thought the Efficiency Cap is 7? 14, in 1.5, what the fuck are you using?

GregTech Website

• A quad cell will emit 4 pulses onto a single cell, so a single cell surrounded by four quad cells will get efficiency 17 (you can verify that by the eu output, which is 170 eu/t for the single cell).

The 222 eu/t breakdown for my example would be:
    - 170 eu/t from single plutonium cell (efficiency 17: (1 + 16) * 10 eu/t)
    - 4 * 13 eu/t = 52 eu/t from the four quad thorium cells (efficiency 3: 4 (quad) * 5 (base eu) * 1/5 (thorium) * 3 (efficiency) = 12 (rounding error, cause it actually outputs 13))

(Just realized the quad thorium cell output may also be off. Shouldn't it be a fifth of uranium quad cell output, which is 60)

Edit: The IC2 wiki also lists efficiency 17 as the cap, so it must have been like that for a while? (http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Nuclear_Reactor)

• [Suggestion]: Nano Techs (= Carbon plates), and small additions to Nuclear Reactor (assuming you sometime read my post, and also you'll actually make a Nuclear Reactor update ^^). And Energy Storage Nerf.

Nano Tech:
    The Idea is quite easy: make some Tier of Carbon plates. (And tier for processing Raw Carbon Mesh).
    Why ? Because I think Carbon Plates are too easy to get. Not that Advanced Machines aren't expensive enough, but things such as Nano Tubes are supposed to be very advanced ...
    So, basically, here is the suggestion:
    Carbon Plates are now twice as expensive using the old method: 2 Raw Carbon Mesh will give you only one carbon plate. This is just needed the time you get something like an Electric Crafting Table, or maybe a new machine. Everything (from vanilla IC²) from NanoSuit to Solar Pannels. Also notice that recipe for Advanced Machine and of course, others mods won't be affected by this increase of the cost.

Then, made a machine that allow you to get 1 Carbon Plate per Raw Carbon Mesh, (and why not more than 1 carbon plate after that, that's for sure a process that can be optimized ... using casing machines, Higly advanced one ^^).

You can of course re-do it as you want, the main thing is just to nerf a bit more Windmills, Solar Pannels and above all, Nano Suit ^^. (Nerf that won't last because of these optimized process).

Nuclear Reactor:
    I guess you already saw things such as my Isotope-related suggestion, and we already disscussed about it IG ... but I think you may add some features that would makes Nuclear Reactor Cooler:
    At first, I think some kind of way to store heat inside the reactor, a heat that could be used to generate energy would be cool. I mean, that would be cool having to manage this heat, and to consider it as a way to store energy ^^. [See * on this topic]
    Also, the Coolant Liquid/Molten Salt + Thermal gens could also be a cool way to do that.

*Energy Storage Nerf:

The suggestion is kind of easy to understand: make every Storage Unit way more expensive, so things such as RC storage tanks, Heat storage (see my suggestion for Nuclear Reactor) and other stuff could be cooler :).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!