[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Yes it is, and it is (partially) fixed. It happens with ALL GregTech machines (probably due the way its blocks are coded [tilemetaentity or something like])
    Wait some seconds and it fixes by itself.

FWIW, I've only seen it happen with the translocators. My IDSUs, Matterfabricator and other GT blocks are not doing this. And it does not fix itself: the blocks look correct when I place them, and the GUIs work, but on each subsequent login the are broken and don't fix themselves, even after hours. I'm playing in FTB Beta A (MC 1.4.2 with GT 2.03b).

• Probably, but did anyone figure out how to?

Didn't test yet, but i believe its either Wiremill or Drawplate + ingot [or both].

FWIW, I've only seen it happen with the translocators, my IDSUs, Matterfabricator and other GT blocks are not doing this. And it does not fix itself: the blocks look correct when I place them, and the GUIs work, but on each subsequent login the are broken and don't fix themselves, even after hours. I'm playing in FTB Beta A (MC 1.4.2 with GT 2.03b).

Thats why, VERY outdated GregTech.

• FTB Beta A (MC 1.4.2 with GT 2.03b).

Thats the broken Version FTB chose for its Beta. You must update in that Case.

Didn't test yet, but i believe its either Wiremill or Drawplate + ingot [or both].

Nope.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Handsaw? Making MultiMC test instance just to find out ¬¬

Double Nope.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Now I'm concerned, a backup jar that worked perfectly with my modset is now not working after being stored & untouched after being created. I used the exact same mods for my main jar which I think I accidentally broke when I closed it out the last time. And my backup is now broke without ever being used after testing... I'm really confused as to how I broke my minecraft...

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• Recipe Handler? Lol, I forgot about making a Recipe System at all for this Device (100% Hardcoded). Did someone manage to use the two secret Recipes for certain non-GT components?

You can also hardcore recipes in recipe handler for this machine 8) I'm know those recipes (include 2 secret), but it should be great if you add those recipes to NEI.
    And someone suggested to add reverse recipes to get ingots from cables in Furnace\Blast Furnace (for example 8 copper cables = 1 copper ingot, etc)

• I had heard this before so i just tried it. I ended up with immibis's blocks in the same place as rp micro blocks. If what your saying is still the case what could I be doing wrong?

In case anyone cares: The way to make immibis micro blocks work with ic2 is to add "aaa" at the start of the immibis core mod file. Also they don't stop cables from connecting.

• Well, i was playing around with Macerators, Transformer upgrades, GT supercondensators and debug scanner ... :

Log

Found that i can power IC² machines with 1 million packets! Just add 8 transformer upgrades and use supercondensator to have your near non-requesting energy packet machine!
    If we had upgrades stackable up to 8 (by default) ...

Also, use 10 transformer upgrades on a machine to allow it to store 33554432 EU, then remove them and use it nearly forever without requesting any more packet.
    Any further transformer upgrade wont improve its internal storage.
    You can even use 16 overclockers and process 9095 items with that energy stored. (Macerator, other machines may process even more!)

I think its unintended but we can use supercondensators as a no-gui energy storage block as it stores the same as an AESU, you just have to use another condensator to step down or lots of HV trans. - Bug, intended storage is 10 million.

• I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

• New wiremill conflicts with Cogs of the machine, I get instead of RP2 wires golden chunks and copper plates, they have the same metadata as wires that should be made, but different ID (but of course I can craft fine copper/iron wires using drawplate). Here are the configs, RP2pre6, IC2 r220, GT 2.80e CotM 0.1.3.C, Forge 534, I couldn't replicate it on automatically generated configs.

Files

• config.zip

(34.99 kB, downloaded 130 times, last: )
  • Can I use the wiremill to make fine copper wire?

Yes you can, it was supposed to be the "secret" recipe, but anyway, nothing can be kept secret for long :

Copper ingot -> Wire mill -> 3 uninsulated copper wire -> Wire mill (again) -> Fine copper wire.

• Wait, that was a secret recipe? I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, especially since greg mentioned not wanting to mess with redpower progression.

• New wiremill conflicts with Cogs of the machine, I get instead of RP2 wires golden chunks and copper plates, they have the same metadata as wires that should be made, but different ID (but of course I can craft fine copper/iron wires using drawplate). Here are the configs, RP2pre6, IC2 r220, GT 2.80e CotM 0.1.3.C, Forge 534, I couldn't replicate it on automatically generated configs.

Seriously? I won't help with any ID-Conflicts.

Wait, that was a secret recipe? I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, especially since greg mentioned not wanting to mess with redpower progression.

Yeah it was Secret(TM).

GregTech Website

• Quesiton on automatic machines, what do the two buttons do?

I believe you can disable/enable transmission of eu and items from those 2 buttons.

First button :
    Known to GT users, Allow/Disable energy transmission
    Second button :
    Allow/Disable auto-output items.