[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Congratulations. One of your Mods broke Rule Number 1 about my API, which is "NEVER INCLUDE ANY API FILES IN YOUR MOD UNLESS IT'S AN INTERFACE". Is that so hard to understand? Its written above every single Class, which is included in the API...
    =.

Well shit, it looks like this is my mod's fault.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• The best efficiency we've gotten out of plutonium in the new setup so far is 4, so you might want to give us more detail on what the hell is going on if 14 is possible.

In the old one 14 was possible, Peppe just got it down to a 4 chamber reactor even, we were gonna have reactor towers. ;(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Requia ().

• Plutonium has just a x2-Efficiency Bonus in general. A Quad Cell sorrounded by four Plutonium Cells has Efficiency 14.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hello

Sorry for my English.
    I have a problem with GregTeh and rolling machine (Railcraft).
    In the mill spread recipe Magnalium Plate (6 Aluminium Ingot, 3 Magnesuim Dust), and nothing board does not appear in the result. And Kanthal Heating Coil, Nichrome Heating Coil, Cupronickel Heating Coil recipes do not work.
    NEI also shows no evidence recipes.

Game Version 1.4.7
    MCPC+ 244
    GregTech 282c or 290h, Railcraft 6.16.0.0 or Railcraft 6.17.0.0
    No work.

But in the version Gregteh 272s, the recipe works.

Is there a way to include these recipes in a rolling machine?

Please help.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Xawok ().

• Quoted from "Keebes23"

Can anyone help? I get this error message when I start my server and then after it crashes. This is when trying to run Greg-Tech 290h

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: mMetaTileList
    Congratulations. One of your Mods broke Rule Number 1 about my API, which is "NEVER INCLUDE ANY API FILES IN YOUR MOD UNLESS IT'S AN INTERFACE". Is that so hard to understand? Its written above every single Class, which is included in the API...

And yes, Plutonium received an indirect Buff. You can basically reach Efficiency 14 with it as Plutonium acts like 2 Uranium Cells in one, with double Lifetime.

Holy shit I didn't think I'd get that harsh of a response. God Damn chill ya nips

• -snip-

The last one was probably adressed to me, and he wasnt being harsh :P
    Greg is always like that :P

• That harsh response was only for the one Mod Author, who broke your Mod Setup by including API Files inside his Download. That is something what nobody should do at all.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• GregoriusT

Sorry.
    I did not understand a lot of what you said. Please answer the questions individually, and as easy as possible. I understand very little English. But I really like your mod.

You use the recipe rolling machine in versions 2.82 and 2.90, or not?

On version 2.72 of these recipes work on 2.82 and 2.90 do not.

That is on version 2.82 or 2.90, I can not do Plate (For Wind Mill) and Heating Coils in the rolling machine?

In NEI recipes of these items are not shown.
    As I understand it does not work with GregTeh rolling machine.Please tell me how to fix it.

Thank you.

• Try using the Default Config (delete the GregTech.cfg from your Config Folder). It might fixes it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On the API Topic, next Version of the API will include a Version check to prevent people from adding the API Files to their Mod Download itself. I don't get why people always include the Files instead of just simply using the ones I provide in my own Mod.

GregTech Website

• Try using the Default Config (delete the GregTech.cfg from your Config Folder). It might fixes it.

Unfortunately did not help.
    Removed all the config folder, delete all modes except three:

gregtechmod290h

industrialcraft-2_1.115.231-lf
    Railcraft_1.4.7-6.17.0.0

Still did not work (

• Plutonium has just a x2-Efficiency Bonus in general. A Quad Cell sorrounded by four Plutonium Cells has Efficiency 14.

That's efficiency 11.2 if I understand its power output right (560 EU/t). Not that it matters, it's already impossible to do that, with the new plutonium making even more heat you'd be lucky to manage 10 seconds before the reactor explodes.

• Sorry, then I cant help.

GregTech Website

• I think i can help.

The rolling machine recipes were removed once greg implemented his own plate bending machine.

The plate bending machine can also roll Iron/Steel railcraft plates by default, almost making it a replacement for the rolling machine.

I think Iridium Ingots are still made on a rolling machine though.

• Greg : Using the "overpowered" design I cooked up with (the 6 chamber plutonium/thorium reactor that gave 420 EU/tick) it was barely worth building compared to other power sources because it costs about 1000 copper per reactor. I second the request : the real cost of copper is NOT the copper in the quad cells, it's the copper in the damn reactor components! Every other component in a reactor needs a dense copper plate for something.

Here's what I propose (and this even makes sense)...make a "dense reactor composite" that is ore dictionary equivalent to a dense copper plate that consists of 2 copper plates (the ones made in a bender) and 7 lead plates. So it costs slightly more metal to make (9 ingots instead of 8 ) but it would cost mostly lead and a lot less copper.

As it is right now, lead is a metal that is almost never needed, so it would be nice to have a use for it.

While you're at it, there should be additonal uses for silver. In real life, silver is more conductive than copper and can be used in electrical wiring just fine. It's not usually done because of the cost. Perhaps add a circuit assembler recipe that can use silver instead of copper for the wiring?

• Dense lead plate, 4 lead ingots, compatible with dense copper plate would be my suggestion.

• Dense lead plate, 4 lead ingots, compatible with dense copper plate would be my suggestion.

While that would be realistic, I think it might be too cheap if you have a mod like TE that puts lead ore into the world, not just the GT galena ore. But I definitely think you should be able to use lead to make your reactors less harsh on the copper. Then the stored up lead in my storage would actually get some use. I pretty much only use it for the cheap RE-battery recipe.

the real cost of copper is NOT the copper in the quad cells, it's the copper in the damn reactor components! Every other component in a reactor needs a dense copper plate for something.

Yes, but then again, it shouldn't be too cheap to build either. Just like in real life, where reactors are extremely expensive to build, but once they are build they provide lots of power at a cheap price. And if you run your reactor for a longer period of time, the building costs are not going to go up, while the copper costs for the multicells will keep on stacking up. You'll have to have TE and centrifuge a lot of lava to keep up with the running costs. Or constantly keep quarrying.

• No it doesn't. a giant chunk of the copper cost in that design is because the planner is out of date. You need to subtract 210 copper from that designs cost thanks to Greg dropping the copper cost of thorium multicells. That is to say, 20% of your 'costs too much' complaint is actually the quad cell cost to run the reactor for a single cycle.

More importantly, the quad cell cost makes quad cell uranium actually buildable in gregtech, the EU cost to produce enough copper for a quad via lava centrifuging is no longer more than the quad cell produces.

• While you're at it, there should be additonal uses for silver. In real life, silver is more conductive than copper and can be used in electrical wiring just fine. It's not usually done because of the cost. Perhaps add a circuit assembler recipe that can use silver instead of copper for the wiring?

Yup, that'd be cool, but guess what, this is already supposed to be the role of electrum. It can be used in cables (Glass fiber) and Circuits (replacing redstone). So it's kindo like you're suggesting something already suggested, even though I'd like to see Silver/Electrum cables (entirely made out of these, they could be a less-lossy but more expensive way to transmit 128-packets, like 0.1 loss per cable but with a craft making 3 cables for 3 ingots, or 4/5/6 with the machine-which-I-don't-remember-the-name).

Here's what I propose (and this even makes sense)...make a "dense reactor composite" that is ore dictionary equivalent to a dense copper plate that consists of 2 copper plates (the ones made in a bender) and 7 lead plates. So it costs slightly more metal to make (9 ingots instead of 8 ) but it would cost mostly lead and a lot less copper.

I agree with the fact it'd be cool to use lead (which has too few uses) into Nuclear Reactor. That idea of Dense Composite Plate sounds good to me :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The basic solar panel recipe needs to be reevaluated. Hear me out, I am all for making this game harder, but lets correct what logically should be corrected.

It requires:
    1. An Industrial Electrolyzer
    2. An Industrial Blast furnace
    3. Compressor

Now the compressor is perfectly fine. The Electrolyzer and BF requirements are not inline with tier of the solar panel. By the time each of them are made, you have already created EU generation that is far superior to anything you're going to get even out of a large array of the basic solars. This is not about the length of time it will take the SP to regain the cost you put into it. If it were only that then it wouldent be an issue. The problem is the requirements make the product itself almost compleatly irrelevant in the process. Its only real use becomes using it for tier 2 solar.

I recommend using some sort of plating that youve already added into GT. Possibly Silver or Electrum Plate, or even the Basic Circuit Board.