[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey there everyone. I am new here... Where can I download the latest version V302a ? I can't seem to find the links on this thread ?
    Also greg, could u add a mini tesla coil that works wit lapotron crystals? Like a mobile block that u can just place anywhere and switch on and off with a redstones signal? Or make it so it only attacks mobs? Or even a solar powered one that charges up during daytime?

Another thing is I used v3.00 and I can't get the new fusion reactor working, some missing textures from the plasmas ? And I keep getting an ingame error while playing ( will post it here after I got the newest version and if the error still persists )

The book or manual idea is brilliant.! Or u could just update your brilliant computer cube ? Instead of crafting a book ?

Anyways I got a lot of suggestions bt my mind is blank now. Lol

Keep up the great work, I love gregtech... Fav must be the asu's very helpfull. Thanks gregg and team.

• It is not. Your setup is fine.

Are you sure? I thought matterfab was limited to accepting up to 8196EU/t quite some time ago and I don't think lightning rod splits it's packets up on it's own.

• Greg: ideas for books (or should this be in the suggestion thread?)

• List of nerfs
    • Fusion Reactor Manual
    • GregTech Automation

and gotta collect them all!

• gotta collect them all!

That's what I thought when implementing them. XD

Kane, did you maybe test the Sonictron (and also the advanced Noteblock) in SMP? I would finally like to know if it makes noises or not... (stupid MC Sound system)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• That's what I thought when implementing them. XD

Kane, did you maybe test the Sonictron (and also the advanced Noteblock) in SMP? I would finally like to know if it makes noises or not... (stupid MC Sound system)

I could write something about Uranium/Plutonium/Thorium and reactors? :P

• Kane, did you maybe test the Sonictron (and also the advanced Noteblock) in SMP? I would finally like to know if it makes noises or not... (stupid MC Sound system)

Though I'm not Kane I can answer that it doesn't make a sound in SMP, animation plays but that's it. (sounds work in single player)

• Though I'm not Kane I can answer that it doesn't make a sound in SMP, animation plays but that's it. (sounds work in single player)

The fuck? MINECRAFT Y U NO PLAY SOUNDS PROPERLY!?! Does the Metal Noteblock work in SMP?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Maybe you could explain us why it's related, before :D

He is adding books, no?
    It could include Stats, Tables, how to test Designs, how to use the Gregtech Computer cube Reactor planner, ect.

• Well first he has to settle on final stats for thorium and plutonium. Which is a process I am trying to facilitate by constantly questioning why things are working like X and not like Y and pointing out bugs, until Greg gets so annoyed that he declares things finalized :D

FOR EXAMPLE! Greg, why is plutonium not using the standard heat curve like uranium and thorium do?

For the uninitiated reader, the standard heat curve goes like this:
    - Take the fuel cell's base heat
    - Calculate efficiecy * base for every level of efficiency, and add them together.
    - Do this for every cell in the reactor

For example, Uranium has base 4. If you run a quad uranium cell with no neighbours, it runs at efficiency 3. So you calculate: (4 * 1) + (4 * 2) + (4 * 3), and then you stop. The result is 24, which is the heat a single uranium cell outputs. Take that times 4, because there are 4 single cells in the quad cell, and you get 96 heat for the whole quad cell with no neighbours. You'll find that the reactor planner backs up that number.

Greg's thorium currently follows the very same equation, except with base 0.8.

Plutonium on the other hand, while being listed as base 8, doesn't scale like a base 8 fuel at all. In fact it stays much cooler than base 8 would lead you to believe. Instead it seems to use a really weird construct where you calculate something like 0x20+base + 1x20+base + 2x20+base +... and so on, depending on the number of neigbours, to get the uneven efficiency levels, and then derive each even level from the preceding uneven level. It works, although it creates a weird squiggly line that starts comparatively high (=hot) but quickly drops comparatively low (=cool) with rising efficiency, and it just seems like a really roundabout way of doing things.

I'd like to know: why not just pick the standard formula with something like base 5.5? That would be, like, less work for you, for the more or less exact same result... :)

Though of course, if anyone asked me I'd prefer base 5, to dampen the harshness of the overall nerf bugfix a bit ;)

(Oh, and Thorium is still exhibiting hybrid scaling in the current build 3.02b as well...)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Omicron ().

• How can i do that?

You mean how to disable secret recipe hiding? Go to .minecraft/config/IC2.cfg and find the following line there:

Code
    1. B:enableSecretRecipeHiding=true

Change true to false.

• The fuck? MINECRAFT Y U NO PLAY SOUNDS PROPERLY!?! Does the Metal Noteblock work in SMP?

It's never made sound in SMP. Sorry I have not even done SMP testing but I know in fact you never got it worked. It only plays discs or at least last time in last 1.4.7..

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.