[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• It's never made sound in SMP. Sorry I have not even done SMP testing but I know in fact you never got it worked. It only plays discs or at least last time in last 1.4.7..

When I made one it just kept repeating that hideous song, "13." Even if I removed the Sonictron, it would continue to play the song. I would have to restart my client to get rid of it, lol. I also crafted it with 13 I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edit: Oh yea, I also discovered a bug on how to dupe things with factorization, (critical! SpwnX knows what I'm talking about) and since you're a mod developer, I'm sure you know how/where to contact him. Do you know where I could contact whoever made factorization?

• When I made one it just kept repeating that hideous song, "13." Even if I removed the Sonictron, it would continue to play the song. I would have to restart my client to get rid of it, lol. I also crafted it with 13 I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edit: Oh yea, I also discovered a bug on how to dupe things with factorization, (critical! SpwnX knows what I'm talking about) and since you're a mod developer, I'm sure you know how/where to contact him. Do you know where I could contact whoever made factorization?

His name is neptunepink :D
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…2-151-factorization-0737/
    Try replying maybe? IDK lol sorry :(

• Ok so lately I've been talking a lot about modding.
    I have some textures done and now I'm finally going for it.. I'm going to start coding..
    SO I've come to ask you guys especially Greg :D since he mods if there are any starting tips for noobs like what NOT to do BESIDES learning Java. I am watching the newboston series and will continue to besides learning java if you have any tips please share. I hope to produce this mod quickly :D

• I'm having this error using the Gregtech 1.5.1 with ic 2-1.115.271 with something with ScrapboxdropGT ETC. Any fix for this :P?

" alt="a>" title="a>" />

• Ok so lately I've been talking a lot about modding.
    I have some textures done and now I'm finally going for it.. I'm going to start coding..
    SO I've come to ask you guys especially Greg :D since he mods if there are any starting tips for noobs like what NOT to do BESIDES learning Java. I am watching the newboston series and will continue to besides learning java if you have any tips please share. I hope to produce this mod quickly :D

I'm new to modding (only got seriously started about 2 months ago), but tips I have picked up include:
    1. Don't hesitate to read through other people's code (especially if it's open source), I have learned countless things by this alone.

2. This might not be a general thing, but I used to go to Minecraftforum.net in the requested mods section and see if any of them seemed appealing (although most of them were outright terrible ideas), I tried to judge the ideas not only on their worth, but also what they could teach me to do (e.g. work with Entity code, learn how to make crops, etc.).

3. Do not hesitate to look through Minecraft code itself, as a sort of tangent to #1, thanks to MCP, you have the entire Minecraft source code right in front of you, if you're trying to do something that you have seen in vanilla, it's as simple as just opening up the class to look at how Mojang implemented the feature.

4. Start small, plan big; Your solars mod idea, while a nice idea, is more for someone who has worked with things like TileEntities, navigating through the Minecraft World through loops, and using the IC2 API. Have big plans for the future of what mods you want to make, but never start with those ideas, work on smaller things you have thought of, or work off tutorials (or, if you're interested, I have a somewhat complex idea I could give to you that should teach you about DamageSources, using Block textures, and Explosions). GT itself is almost a perfect example of this in a single mod, hell, I downloaded it when it only had lightning rods, it didn't get anywhere near the complexity it is at now until at least a few months later.

5. Learn Java, make sure you are familiar with such general concepts as basic Java knowledge (looping stuctures, Arrays, syntax, Method modifiers), creating new Objects, ArrayLists, Inheritance, Interfaces, and perhaps learn some more specific ones like Stacks, Reflection (I can't undermine how useful this can be, I strongly recommend learning at least basic knowledge about Reflection), or Events before starting any modding at all.

6. Don't be afraid to ask for help should you get stuck on a problem, IRC channels exist, and other mod authors as well, I'm certain there are many people in the community who would be willing to help. (Also, while we're on the subject of this, thanks Greg, for that one time with the recipes).

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Wow... This is perfect. While I had the armor and tools idea ill probably get those done in no time... So what do I do between that and jumping to the Solars? Also Solars couldn't be that hard could the? They only generate EU and output it? Nothing fancy. Oh well who am I to say :P
    Like I said thanks for the response I will keepin touch in this thread because I know I will need it :P

Btw this is for you Sirus: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=labYJewYM2Y&feature=plcp

• 3. Do not hesitate to look through Minecraft code itself, as a sort of tangent to #1, thanks to MCP, you have the entire Minecraft source code right in front of you, if you're trying to do something that you have seen in vanilla, it's as simple as just opening up the class to look at how Mojang implemented the feature.

That is where I got the Code for my Noteblock. Guess what. And Kane, I FIXED SOMETHING IN 1.5.1, THAT IS WHY I NEED A 1.5.1 TEST!!!

And why can't peple just ignore that one exception. It is not like something went horribly wrong and kills Minecraft. Its just a message displayed in the Log.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• That is where I got the Code for my Noteblock. Guess what. And Kane, I FIXED SOMETHING IN 1.5.1, THAT IS WHY I NEED A 1.5.1 TEST!!!

And why can't peple just ignore that one exception. It is not like something went horribly wrong and kills Minecraft. Its just a message displayed in the Log.

TBH You fixed Sonictron a lot in the past too. But never fixed it :P But for sweet old you, here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAkjrLu3750

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Not the Sonictron THE NOTEBLOCK!!!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Does it at least have the Note Effect above it?

GregTech Website

• Does it at least have the Note Effect above it?

Yes the animations there just like the sonictron...

BTW you do know that Music runs on its own packet if I recalled.. It's been so long but I thought it had it's own packet for the notes maybe I'm 100% wrong but I thought it did.. Maybe the issue idk.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.