[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• It is a solar cover, so yes, it generates 1 EU/t

Greg might add higher tiers of solar panels covers. [ASP\compact solars]

I doubt he will; IRL solars are horribly slow and very inefficient, plus he doesn't like free energy generators. But, after all this is minecraft and not real life.
    EDIT: yey 128th post

• bug report :
    Wooden encased shelves and all other decorative stuff drops machine parts when destroyed with pick.
    Probably the metal ones are not worth destroying to get machine parts, while wooden ones is.

exchanging 2 al plates and 6 planks for 4 machine parts is fancy.

By the way whats the point of having covers on Decorative stuff, if they have no internal energy storage, meaning they are useless.

• I doubt he will; IRL solars are horribly slow and very inefficient, plus he doesn't like free energy generators. But, after all this is minecraft and not real life.
    EDIT: yey 128th post

Once it's done check mine out ;)
    If you want to see the planned recipes go to the link in my descriptionn.
    Due to my inability to code Java very well I will not be implementing GUIs (therefore no internal storage or night generation either)
    And so they will not be OP
    Plus the costs are very high. I am actually thinking of making them harder...
    Sorry to advertise just saying :P
    As to the inefficiency very good solars are 30% efficiency MAX

Edit: Should I make tier 2 require Iridium, UU or both?
    I don't want to make them useless just very hard/complex

• bug report :
    Wooden encased shelves and all other decorative stuff drops machine parts when destroyed with pick.
    Probably the metal ones are not worth destroying to get machine parts, while wooden ones is.

exchanging 2 al plates and 6 planks for 4 machine parts is fancy.

No no no... you're doing it all wrong. You're supposed to tell him about a problem of one of his beta versions that 1000 people have already told him about ;)

• UU recipe is :

:Matter::Intergrated Plating::Matter:
    :Matter::Matter::Matter:= Osmium Nugget (9 required for one ingot)
    :Matter::Intergrated Plating::Matter:

Plate = nothing

You need 63 UUM for one osmium ingot.
    Although if you have UE mekanism osmium is very cheap, but anyway if youy have UE mekanism everything is cheap.

• UU recipe is :

UNU
    UUU = Osmium Nugget (9 required for one ingot)
    UNU

N = nothing

holy crap lol
    so you're thinking about this for tier 2?
    I'm thinking this is more tier 3 cuz after you have 63 uum you should probably have a steady power source.
    Although...maybe I do want to make people grind >: D
    I think I might just work that in... Thanks :)
    Oh btw just figured out today that I only have to make 5-6 tile entities because most of my items are just used in crafting lol or are armor/tools :D

• So... idea :
    Tier 1 requires UUM and itanium
    Tier 2 requires Iridium and Chrome
    Tier 3 requires Osmium and Radioactive mix (1 of each radioactive dust)

mhm mhm I like it.
    OK the ONLY thing I don't like about that is the fact that the recipes I have right now make actual real life things that are used in solars in tiered efficiency accordingly.
    However this is Minecraft lol so I guess I can look into it and come up with some recipes.
    I guess two questions arouse:
    How much uu should be required in tier 1
    What should outputs be
    Btw I don't care about sissys.
    Configs will be denied and the outputs/recipes will depend on what the hardcore players here want (no I don't expect this to be on cublikefoot) I'm just saying the people on this thread and I are like minded so our likes on output/recipes will be similar.
    So yea if you could answer those two questions I'll go back to the drawing board and come up with something new and tell you.

Edit: also thought about adding a "troll ore" using the same texture as stone and spawning anywhere in the chunk (like iridium)
    Each ore drops 1 nugget and you need four INGOTS for some sort of plate used in the particle accelerator (also for the particle accelerator should 10 billion be higher? I know that the fusion reactor outputs large amounts of EU)

• Drill recipe isn't showing in NEI. Deleted all my configs and mods, dropped in just IC and the recipe was there. Dropped in GT and the recipe for the advanced changed like it should but its not showing the regular drill recipe now. I know its a dev version, not complaining, just wondering if others have seen the same thing.

• Idea Suggestion: Projector Plans! So you been talking about adding help manuals around the world and such. What would be kind of cool is blueprints in the world. Maybe Greg Villager or Chests and etc. And have a new projector block where you place the blueprint inside of the projector then masks like a faded very faded transparent version of the machine that your trying to create in the world. Sort of like a ghost image. Not only this but when you right click the ghost image it places the correct block inside the ghost block and the wrong one outside of it.

The idea came from minechem had a feature like that and it was really neat. Does not even have to be that complex could just be something else totally but I wanted to throw the idea out there. Their version actually projected in layers so you fill in layer 1 and then layer 2 shows up and etc.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Idea Suggestion: Projector Plans! So you been talking about adding help manuals around the world and such. What would be kind of cool is blueprints in the world. Maybe Greg Villager or Chests and etc. And have a new projector block where you place the blueprint inside of the projector then masks like a faded very faded transparent version of the machine that your trying to create in the world. Sort of like a ghost image. Not only this but when you right click the ghost image it places the correct block inside the ghost block and the wrong one outside of it.

The idea came from minechem had a feature like that and it was really neat. Does not even have to be that complex could just be something else totally but I wanted to throw the idea out there. Their version actually projected in layers so you fill in layer 1 and then layer 2 shows up and etc.

That projector was pretty neat :P Buggy but neat.

• That projector was pretty neat :P Buggy but neat.

Do you use optifine? I was not sure if that was my doing with optifine or not it was so ghostly and could not see the texture.

• Not sure if anyone else will find this useful..but I was updating my very old world to 1.5.1, had a need to convert from the old Charging Bench addon, so I wrote a simple Midas plugin to update the tile entities to GregTech charge-o-mats.

Seemed to work well enough for my purposes, preserving the inventory contents and everything. Available here (pass the --convert-charging-bench-gregtech option, can also convert a couple other tile entities):

https://github.com/agaricusb/midas-silver

• GREG WE ACCEPT YOUR SPAM I MEAN MANUALS UNDER ONE CONDITION! WE GET A DISPLAY CASE TO PUT THEM IN!
    Gotta Catch 'Em All

• Hi!
    Why are you pack Thumbs.db file into mod archives?
    There are not a lot of them in mod folder, but nobody need them.
    it's hidden files with previews of images, made by your system. For example in folder \mods\ic2\textures\blocks\crop\
    summary size: 124 K
    Thumbs.db size: 54 K
    Half of files are crap >_<

• Do you use optifine? I was not sure if that was my doing with optifine or not it was so ghostly and could not see the texture.

I did but it wasnt Visual, if you Grabbed it in creative it Corrupted the world :P