[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Bug Report - GregTech 3.05g on IC2 Build #312 and Minecraft 1.5.2.

So, numbers for thorium and plutonium changed again in one of the many small releases since my last test.
    (You know what would be really cool? A quick mention in the changelog... even if it is just "tweaked nuclear fuels")

And while plutonium causes no issues, it seems the computercube has problems with thorium. Now, due to this reason I am not completely sure what exactly changed about thorium, but it seems that its lifetime got increased from 25,000 to 30,000 seconds. At least, the computercube reports a consistent 600,000 EU cell value per efficiency, up from 500,000. However, the computercube seems to not have been informed of the new lifetime, because the tooltip still states that the lifetime of thorium cells is 25,000 seconds.

This causes issues when running the simulation. Different cells react in different ways. For example, a single thorium cell with no neighbors will run in the simulation for 30,000 seconds, even though the tooltip counts down from 25,000 to 0. As a side effect, the computercube reports the heat generated as roughly a fifth lower than it actually is (dangerous, might cause people to build unstable designs). Double thorium with no neighbors behaves the same; but quad thorium with no neighbors does something even weirder. Instead fo running at its rated 12 EU/t for 30,000 seconds, it decides to instead run at 14 EU/t for 25,7142.86 seconds (while the tooltip still counts down from 25,000 and the heat is once again off, though not as much as in the other case).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Omicron ().

• Did you replace it with the original abw.class? Another Question. Did you try it on 1.5.2? If so then you cant read the Link where it states 1.5.1

Nuclear Energy got broken (but not in 3.05g, last change I did to it was in 3.04). I need to come up with a new Nuclear Reactor Technology utilizing IC² Reactor Technology.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Nuclear Energy got broken (but not in 3.05g, last change I did to it was in 3.04). I need to come up with a new Nuclear Reactor Technology utilizing IC² Reactor Technology.

Well, I can't test every single version you release and look for undocumented reactor changes ;) so I won't be noticing these things immediately. I probably won't test again until one or two weeks from now unless I know something changes in a specific update.

What do you mean though, "a new reactor technology"? Are you planning to rework all your actual components (fuel and coolant cells, reflectors)? Or do you only need to redo the computercube simulator?

• I plan to make a whole new Concept of Nuclear Reactors.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• When will the new reactors be added? Along with the stargates or when Industrium Conflict comes out?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Before Stargates. And Stargates very likely before IConflict.

GregTech Website

• Can you at least tell us if it will be similar to IC2 nukes with GUI and placing elements in specific configurations or more like your fusion plant with somewhat complex and configurable multiblock but simple "fuel" input?

• Before Stargates. And Stargates very likely before IConflict.

Which also means "before my death".

Btw, what about making it so you have 3 parts in the GUI, because of 3 stages in the reactor, so we could even improve efficiency ? ^^ (due to 6 adjacent slots).
    Others related ideas: change the system a bit, so you have to transmit the heat to a Water/OtherFluid*-conduct** to produce energy ? (by steam, or even by heating water to create steam in case of that other fluid ^^)

*Tollay not thinking of Molten Salts.
    **Which means occuped slots in the GUI, or an "Output Tube" that would actually be able to suck tons of heat, but that would be a bit more expensive (it could have different level so you can still mae a basic reactor). Did I mention that Vents would be useless in terms of EU generation, since they would just cool heat down, and so destroy potential energy ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Vents will not get removed as they increase Efficiency in regular Machines, lol. But they won't be Part of my Nuclear Reactors, as well as those Heating Cells (WTF are they supposed to do!?! Breeding has nothing to do with Temperature).

GregTech Website

• Vents will not get removed as they increase Efficiency in regular Machines, lol. But they won't be Part of my Nuclear Reactors, as well as those Heating Cells (WTF are they supposed to do!?! Breeding has nothing to do with Temperature).

Will it have Random Heat spikes?

• Maybe implement a real life simulated reactor?

Control rods, coolants, High pressure steam (just RC steam when available, or GT one when not), turbines (with rotors) and other stuff...

• Maybe implement a real life simulated reactor?

Control rods, coolants, High pressure steam (just RC steam when available, or GT one when not), turbines (with rotors) and other stuff...

I would hope he can do better than half a century old tech :)