[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Back to MEINKRAFT after a month or so, oh boy, can't wait to discover the 45687 changes to this mod since last time I played. I don't even need to look at changelogs to know a bazillion new things were added. How many steps does it take to make a solar panel now?
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way supposed to be taken as sarcasm, I love this mod.

• Is there some significant change with nuclear reactors from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2? because I have a simple configuration that work fine in 1.4.7, but now the machine run for 1 or 2 seconds, and stop... 1 or 2 seconds and stop (including the sound).

heres a pic of the configuration.

• Update to the latest as I recently fixed the Cells producing too much heat/energy (mistaqur told me where the bug was). Also I changed some things about the Reactor Fuels.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Is there some significant change with nuclear reactors from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2? because I have a simple configuration that work fine in 1.4.7, but now the machine run for 1 or 2 seconds, and stop... 1 or 2 seconds and stop (including the sound).

Yes, single thorium cell work each 5 sec, dual thorium cell work each 2.5 sec, quad thorium cell work each 1.25 sec

• I haven't seen an answer for this, but why is the Advanced Pump so incredibly slow? I have one here that's full of energy (With an energy orb upgrade, no less!), and a liquid valve panel connecting right to a quantum tank, and it's only working at about a block per second.

The documentation is nonexistent, so I can't tell if this was an intended nerf that makes the advanced pump pointless, a bug, or intentional self-sabotage when Buildcraft is detected in response to the addition of oil fields.

• Biome'o'plenty recently added Rubies and Sapphires.

1) They're the exact same texture as yours. I don't know if they talked to you or if you're both using some free version of the icon, but its the same one.

2) The dictionary is blocking conversion from BoP rubies to GT rubies. It matches them, then lexicon says that conversion is blocked.

Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.5

Gregtech 3.07b

• Any idea what the "hammer" mode in the autocrafting table is for?

I read the change logs and at some point it said "Added Liquid filling Functionality for the Autocrafting Table". Is that the mode for that? If so, how does one use it?

Also, in version 3.07d, machines that I place are locked automatically (Scanner shows "Owned by Edoreld"). Is this normal in SSP?

Additionally, the Charger Box only drained 1700 EU out of a fully charged battery I put in. I then right-clicked it with the Scanner and it showed me: "Demanded Energy: 8428", "Contained Energy: 1700 of 10128". Again, it did not drain any further energy off the battery (or off a new one I put in).

The post was edited 1 time, last by edoreld ().

• Update to the latest as I recently fixed the Cells producing too much heat/energy (mistaqur told me where the bug was). Also I changed some things about the Reactor Fuels.

...augh. I get to make a new tab on my spreadsheet again, don't I :wacko:

Do you recommend a specific IC2 build to go with 3.07d, or can I stay with #312?

• They're the exact same texture as yours. I don't know if they talked to you or if you're both using some free version of the icon, but its the same one.

I just grabbed the Emerald Ore Texture and "Paint"ed it with default Red/Blue of the color set.

The dictionary is blocking conversion from BoP rubies to GT rubies. It matches them, then lexicon says that conversion is blocked.

I've had the experience, that the Forge Lexicon always disallows the most important conversions. Last time I tried to create ICBM Sulfur (due to a Bug in ICBM) it didnt want me to oredictify GT Sulfur into it, even though both were dustSulfur. Try to use my Autocraftingtable for conversion.

Any idea what the "hammer" mode in the autocrafting table is for?

Intelligent "Repar" Mode. Crafts two Tools together if their both durability Values added together dont exceed the max value. Then it does the notch style "reparing".

I read the change logs and at some point it said "Added Liquid filling Functionality for the Autocrafting Table". Is that the mode for that? If so, how does one use it?

That is a very intelligent one. It detects full Liquid Containers in the Recipe and then keeps one empty Liquid Container of that kind in the first Container Slot to autofill with whatever Liquid is in the Autocraftingtable.

Also, in version 3.07d, machines that I place are locked automatically (Scanner shows "Owned by Edoreld"). Is this normal in SSP?

That they are owned automatically is normal, but if they arent accessible for others then something went wrong.

Additionally, the Charger Box only drained 1700 EU out of a fully charged battery I put in. I then right-clicked it with the Scanner and it showed me: "Demanded Energy: 8428", "Contained Energy: 1700 of 10128". Again, it did not drain any further energy off the battery (or off a new one I put in).

Intended. The 1700 is the stored Energy for outputting to the E-net. It should work similar to a Batbox, but with exchangable Batteries.

can you fix the player detector? after about a minute it stops working and just dont care if a player is close or not :/

Did you power the detector with EU?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Well, I place them and they are unbreakable by pickaxe. I thought I needed to apply a lock upgrade for that to happen. From the changelog:

"Added Lock upgrade to make Machines private and unpickaxeable (but not blast proof)"

Also, thanks for all the info!

Also:

That teleports me to -479,58, -419

The post was edited 2 times, last by edoreld ().

• It teleports to the given Coordinates +0.5 to make sure you are in the middle of the Block and not phased into a Wall. The unpickaxeable part will be investigated.

Also, strangely enough, your books are available in creative, but not in NEI.

They are available for me.

GregTech Website

• So, can you tell me why your Advanced Pump can only drain fluids at around a bucket per second?

2 Buckets per second is its Speed. That thing is not as exploitable as a Buildcraft Pump.

GregTech Website