[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• How do multiblock generators solve "everything takes 10 times longer in SSP"?

They are just "not working properly if you keep them working while you're offline". So basically, you can place them in a World Anchor-ed area, but they will stop working, be damaged and such. (ask Gregfor more details).
    I know that's not every single machine, but that's already a buff for guys not counting on Chunkloading to make them progress.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• They are just "not working properly if you keep them working while you're offline". So basically, you can place them in a World Anchor-ed area, but they will stop working, be damaged and such. (ask Gregfor more details).
    I know that's not every single machine, but that's already a buff for guys not counting on Chunkloading to make them progress.

But not enough to counter "everything takes 10 times longer in SSP"

Edit: Suggestion: when you drop an item it should be unified.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• As for the "GT is for SMP", I don't agree. I've never liked the idea of having a few low-end machines run for ages to produce something (E.g have a single generator run over night to fill MFSU or something similar). You are supposed to develop your infrastructure for mass-production instead. If you actually do that instead of idling then GT works great in SSP as well.

• As for the "GT is for SMP", I don't agree. I've never liked the idea of having a few low-end machines run for ages to produce something (E.g have a single generator run over night to fill MFSU or something similar). You are supposed to develop your infrastructure for mass-production instead. If you actually do that instead of idling then GT works great in SSP as well.

Good point.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• That's a great idea immibis. The only downsides people who use other mods' blocks for specific reasons (aesthetics or functionality).

• Are there any special conditions for Enderbloom to be created?

Battery snot included.

Yes, many people are too stupid to just do a bit more Mass Production. This Mod is about building giant Factories, and honestly, I personally dont use regular World Anchors. I use the Personal ones, just to load my Base when I am online (for "Enderchest dumping" the Items in my Inventory). Especially with AE, that technique wastes less Energy as the AE System is constantly running, and prevents "Insufficient Energy" during my absence. Not to mention that people cant spot Chunkloaders when I am away. (SpwnX, dont even get the Idea of placing ANY Chunkloader in our Base, you are known for not thinking things through before doing Stuff).

Dammit, I can't get Greg's Nether ores to spawn, no matter what I do. Damn you, Natura and Biomes O' Plenty.

Did you update? Did you discover new Areas? Did you look into Netherrack? I fixed the Ore Spawning.

Does no one use the Jackhammers like I do? They melt through anything stone, and of course the ores it will just 'stop' on, so feel free to silk touch those.

At least someone got the use of the Jackhammer. I use that thing always when Mining. It's just too useful to either break through Stone, or to mine a whole crapton of Quarried/Abyssal Stone.

Your ores look absolutely terrible. They only hide when next to vanilla stone, not UB stone, not netherrack, not endstone. Plus theres only one side which is visible as an ore, and it doesn't pick up the texture of the stone its next to , it just looks like the same old ore it always is. The only thing which is semi working is ores looking better when not next to stone.

That is, because look at the Textures. I have a Texture Folder for Nether/Stone/End/Default. Most of the Textures there are just copypasted from the Original. I was just too lazy too apply it to all of them (But I will do that).

Are there any special conditions for Enderbloom to be created?

RichardG has to stand right next to the Crop.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• hey greg I just had a (not that) great idea (but still something you should do) you should make a block that when you walk over it, it can take any combination of armor inventory or hotbar off of your character and be transported by buildcraft tubes other transportation tubes etc.
    and TBH I don't think this should be some crazy CRAZY expensive thing but just like inbetween end game industrial craft and early game gregtech (after steel before matter fabricator) or maybe just one piece of iridum XD thought I would quick post because it came to my mind Thanks for reading!

Check out OpenCCPeriferals.

It has a block, that when stood on, makes the plays inventory accessible as though it was a chest.
    It should be able to handle what you are looking for.

• My first guess is that those overclockers are causing the machine to use more energy than it's internal store can hold and thus can't do the operation. Try throwing in some energy store upgrades (or get a non-OC'd harvester).

That was it, thanks

It turns out that a harvester with 4 overclockers uses over 10k EU per operation, and over 6k with only 3. That's per individual plant harvested, even if it's the block directly in front of the machine. It doesn't pick up the drops beyond the first block which means an item clearer is needed, although thankfully those use next to no EU even with overclockers. I had trouble getting the harvester to harvest beyond the first block until I figured out that you need at least a line of empty crop sticks leading to a plant for the harvester to grab it. I've also noticed harvested plants (mostly tested with stickreeds) being set back to seemingly random growth stages, and they they often don't drop anything when harvested.

I don't mean to join the crowd of people who seem to love complaining about this mod, but I don't understand how to make crop harvesters useful with such a high energy cost. Am I really supposed to power an 8x8 farm with a fusion reactor?

• I don't understand how to make crop harvesters useful with such a high energy cost. Am I really supposed to power an 8x8 farm with a fusion reactor?

Again the keyword is mass production. Instead of a single harvester use many.

• Nah, you are not supposed to use a Fusion Reactor. The upcoming large Gas Turbine will produce enough as well. I finally got around splitting the 3x3-Texture into 18 Files (Animated and stopped), and improved the Part where the Recipes are done. I even prepared for an upcoming Pollution System (but thats for later, right now its just a Muffler Block, which just has a Check for an Air alike Block in front of it).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Use MFR for auto-harvesting if IC2 crops - cheaper, faster, larger range, lower energy draw - its a win-win.

Turn on "GregTech" recipes if you want it balanced against the harvester regarding price, however.

Also, the scrapboxinator is an obscenely long crafting process, for what is effectively a dispenser and a hopper.

• I even prepared for an upcoming Pollution System (but thats for later, right now its just a Muffler Block, which just has a Check for an Air alike Block in front of it).

Ooh, any general description of how will it work? Will it just clog up the machine or will it have an effect on it's surroundings similar to old thaumcraft taint system or something (not counting stuff exploding as an effect :D)?

Use MFR for auto-harvesting if IC2 crops - cheaper, faster, larger range, lower energy draw - its a win-win.

In other words it's obscenely OP :)

• RichardG has to stand right next to the Crop.

No, it doesn't.

Battery snot included.

• Ooh, any general description of how will it work? Will it just clog up the machine or will it have an effect on it's surroundings similar to old thaumcraft taint system or something (not counting stuff exploding as an effect :D)?

It will be basically Blocks, which float upwards and block the Sunlight, like a Clound of Smoke. These Blocks will disappear over time, but it could ofcourse be a Sign of "Hey, here is my Base, attack it!", unless you somehow "store" Pollution in a giant Room. Pollution will also happen to all the other smaller Generators, so it won't just be an excuse for not making larger Machines. But thats for the far future again.

GregTech Website

• Again the keyword is mass production. Instead of a single harvester use many.

This is the solution, in a roundabout way. The cost is an even 1600 EU per plant with 2 overclockers, which give a range of 4. So 18 harvesters per 9x9 farm if you leave a walkway (more importantly, the corresponding break in the glass roof for piping items), 19 diamonds including item clearer plus other materials. If you breed plants that drop at least three items per harvest and make biofuel, it turns a very small profit in EU and could power a second farm, albeit slowly. If you're willing to spend literally dozens of diamonds on these farms, it might even be worthwhile!

But seriously Greg, this is even worse than all of the other GregTech machines/features that people complain about. I say this as someone who's just spent hours making an automatic GregTech farm rather than just throwing up an MFR farm, because I really like the way you do things. Harvesters are just unreasonable right now, in terms of materials with few overclockers and in terms of energy cost with more overclockers. Please consider making them harvest their entire operating area (1x1, 1x2, 1x4, etc.) with each operation.

• It will be basically Blocks, which float upwards and block the Sunlight, like a Clound of Smoke. These Blocks will disappear over time, but it could ofcourse be a Sign of "Hey, here is my Base, attack it!", unless you somehow "store" Pollution in a giant Room. Pollution will also happen to all the other smaller Generators, so it won't just be an excuse for not making larger Machines. But thats for the far future again.

Hmm, "store in a room" sounds interesting. Will that mean we need to build some mechanisms for guiding the "smoke" out of our roofed buildings so we won't choke to death in the smog (aka chimney)? I assume we still need to have roofs to prevent stuff from exploding.
    Also, do you plan on adding any kind of pollution-processing (e.g extracting CO2 from smoke) or making it possible to store the waste in tanks?

The cost is an even 1600 EU per plant with 2 overclockers, which give a range of 4. So 18 harvesters per 9x9 farm if you leave a walkway (more importantly, the corresponding break in the glass roof for piping items), 19 diamonds including item clearer plus other materials. If you breed plants that drop at least three items per harvest and make biofuel, it turns a very small profit in EU and could power a second farm, albeit slowly. If you're willing to spend literally dozens of diamonds on these farms, it might even be worthwhile!

Your problem is you want to use them for energy generation. Just as in real world biofuel is an incredibly bad source for it :)

• Your problem is you want to use them for energy generation. Just as in real world biofuel is an incredibly bad source for it :)

Well, splitting hydrogen is pretty bad in the real world but it works great in-game. Biofuel is actually a pretty good energy source in GregTech if you don't farming saplings manually with a chainsaw.

I would have no problem with crop harvesters being an energy sink if the material cost wasn't so high.

• I gotta say, I love minefactory (Not so much with my GT server, as its not on that one) but Its a really nice polished mod, and even though PC does not use GT has made the effort (Mainly with EMY's help) to supply GT recipes and great config support to tune things. I can really only think of a few mod makers that put as much thought into their mods.

Greg/Immibis/PC(Emy also)/CovertJag
    Legends imo, all of you really do make some awesome shit, it makes assembling a modpack a real pleasure.
    100% Sincere btw. making and tweaking my private modpack for my server is one of the high points in my life atm :D

• Biofuel is actually a pretty good energy source in GregTech if you don't farming saplings manually with a chainsaw.

Why limit yourself to saplings when you can get far more from making plantballs from leaves :)