[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I was posting the Railcraft beta for people who wanted it since it just came out to the public and listed on IRC... I guess for now on if anyone says anything but GregTech will put them in their place lol..

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I was posting the Railcraft beta for people who wanted it since it just came out to the public and listed on IRC... I guess for now on if anyone says anything but GregTech will put them in their place lol..

I didn't understand what you were getting at either. It's not that it's not gregtech, but a little more context would have been nice.

• To be more exact, the mining head covers a 64x64 area, which is the area of 16 chunks, however you are able to load up to 25 chunks, by placing the 64x64 (4x4 chunks) in the middle of a 80x80 (5x5 chunks).

Edit : Facebook and Forums, y u no let me make my "physics I" thing i have to do? It is 00:13 AM and it is still not done...

I'm pretty sure the mining head covers 62x62 area and the frame of the quarry covers the 64x64 area.

• Hi Greg, I got some suggestion here:
    Due to Steel Ingot could potentially be found in villiages and dungeons, the modify you made for Namefix became meaningless. Players are still able to get to The Nether and get Drill in a shortcut.
    if railcraft intalled, I'll have Coke Oven as soon as I can, to produce Coal Coke. And then find Steel Ingot, in order to make Blast Furnace. So I can produce Steel Ingot in a pretty low budget in the beginning. I think it's imbalanced and unfair, how do you think?

• I'm pretty sure the mining head covers 62x62 area and the frame of the quarry covers the 64x64 area.

My bad, forgot completely about the frames.

@above : It IS intended that you are able to aquire steel from dungeons. The namefix is just an aesthetical nerf (aka making the name flint and STEEL mean what it is).
    To go to the nether you don't need diamonds nor flint and steel, just lava buckets, water and some flammable blocks (wood).

• oh.....I realized I was mistaken now.
    And I tried that way many times but not work.

• oh.....I realized I was mistaken now.
    And I tried that way many times but not work.

Or you might be doing something wrong?

The wood block must be right adjacent to where you usually put the fire to lit the portal, while lava flows close to it to make it catch fire. Replace the wood block as many times needed.

• if railcraft intalled, I'll have Coke Oven as soon as I can, to produce Coal Coke. And then find Steel Ingot, in order to make Blast Furnace.

Why would you need steel for blast furnace? There is absolutely no reason for that.

So I can produce Steel Ingot in a pretty low budget in the beginning. I think it's imbalanced and unfair, how do you think?

To be honest I'd consider RC blast furnace far more complex to get and run than GT one.

• Why would you need steel for blast furnace? There is absolutely no reason for that.

To be honest I'd consider RC blast furnace far more complex to get and run than GT one.

Well, one way or another you need the Nether to get an RC Blast Furnace.
    ... but you don't actually need the nether for any components for the GT Blast Furnace. Copper, Iron, basic Circuits (not a single Advanced Electronic Circuit), all of these things can be acquired without even finding diamonds. And if you really really wanted to, you could power an I. Blast Furnace with 13 or so Generators and 4 Batboxes, get the Coal Dust (for steel) from using a Mortar on Coal, and that's the end of the story.
    You could use the Coal Coke to make your Generator fuel supply easier, but that's all that thing will help with.

edit: and as for the Nickel needed for the coils: Even with only GregTech installed, the newest GT adds a Nickel ore, and failing that just Centrifuge Copper, Iron, or Gold dust. True, that does require Glowstone Dust, but if that's your problem go find a village and trade for it, or go murder a Witch.

GregTech doesn't actually require any other mods (other than IC2) in order to access its entire tech tree. The only thing other mods add are conveniences or peripherals.

• But why would anyone even want to have a RC blast furnace if they already have GT one?

Btw, is it intended that using assembler for making machine blocks with machine parts needs 8 refined iron plates while other machine hulls take 6 plates when using assembler? Would make sense if that one took 6 as well.

• What's the new IC2 Experimental project on Player's build server?

Only when you can't math :P

chunk size is 16x16, max quarry is (16x4)*(16x4) so 4x4 = 16 chunks. What you report is what happens when you don't place the quarry on chunk border

So it can cover 25 chunks....
    The best chance to find Iridium is NOT placing it on chunk boundaries.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrRed ().

• Well, there is a 20% chance for Iridium to spawn in a chunk and a maximum (correct me if i'm mistaken) of 1 Iridium per chunk, therefore if you cover more chunks (even if it's the same volume) there is a higher theoretical maximum of Iridium spawns.

• so at what point do the chunk boundaries come into play? Iridium can spawn anywhere, including right on the border of a chunk.

Also it's one per 5 chunks but it doesn't make a difference in terms of where to place the quarry

• AFAIK iridium spawns just as DrRed said, and so the placement does make a difference, just not an enormous one, and certainly not in the long run.

The expected number of found iridium is the same (that depends only on the mined area), just the spread is higher (maximum possible ore blocks if you're super lucky depends on the number of touched chunks).

• I know what he is talking about. But even though you could randomly get more Iridium from your Chunk Boundary Setup, you will get so much less Iridium from your Setup, that it evens out again.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• so at what point do the chunk boundaries come into play? Iridium can spawn anywhere, including right on the border of a chunk.

Also it's one per 5 chunks but it doesn't make a difference in terms of where to place the quarry

Just say that it was a 100% chance per chunk. There is a upper limit of 25 Iridium (because there are 25 chunks encompassed) instead of a max of 16.

• Basically ignoring what structures/caves are under and above ground it makes zero difference how you place the quarry as the iridium can spawn in any location within an individual chunk. It also takes a TON of actual mining (or spcommands/MCEdit analysis) to get the real-world spawn rate for iridium. I've had two full-sized quarries with one producing no less than 7 iridium and other none.

[edit]

Just say that it was a 100% chance per chunk. There is a upper limit of 25 Iridium (because there are 25 chunks encompassed) instead of a max of 16.

How many would you get if all the iridium ores would spawn in outer edges of the chunks your quarry covers?

Imagine this kind of top-down view of a bunch of chunks with X being the vertical column where iridium spawns and | and newline being chunk borders. How should you place your quarry for maximum yield?

Code
    1. |..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
    2. |..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
    3. |..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
    4. |..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
    5. |..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|