[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Crash when using NEI to view the usage of any item with latest IC2/GT.
    Greg, fix it.

• Crash when using NEI to view the usage of any item with latest IC2/GT.
    Greg, fix it.

Pretty sure thats vanilla IC2, try it without GregTech.

• Pretty sure its because I didn't change the Recipe adder to adjust to Players changes. ANYWAYS...

V4.02a:
    Added ability to Color Machines. That looks good on the regular whitish Machines, but you shouldnt try it on the Bronze ones. The GUI is colorized too unless you disable it via Config, and NO SpwnX, I didnt do that because you suggested it, I did it right after I saw how ugly the Bronze GUIs had become after painting, and a few hours later you suggested it.
    Fixed a ton of Bugs regarding recent experimental IC²
    Changed a crapton of Recipes to require regular Iron instead of refined Iron. You should no longer need refined Iron unless you want to make GT Iron Hammers or GT Iron Wrenches.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Just remove the iron hammer and stuff and make people use the bronze, since Bronze age DID come before Iron. Perhaps make Iron only minable with Bronze pick and TNT?

• Just remove the iron hammer and stuff and make people use the bronze, since Bronze age DID come before Iron. Perhaps make Iron only minable with Bronze pick and TNT?

People would hate Greg so much if he did that, IMPLIMENT IT NOW.

• Magic Farm already has a mod that makes it require Bronze to mine iron, but Not the TNT, Which I think is the best way to mine. ( At least the funnest :D) Perhaps Greg, you could add an easier way of getting salt peter and Sulfur?

• Magic Farm already has a mod that makes it require Bronze to mine iron, but Not the TNT, Which I think is the best way to mine. ( At least the funnest :D) Perhaps Greg, you could add an easier way of getting salt peter and Sulfur?

That ofc isn't too common *coughcoughRailcraftcoughcough*, I personally like to mine with IC2 dynamite, and dynamite-o-mote, industrial tnt is fun too though.

• Got a crash after updating to 4.02a

[spoiler]---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Don't do that.

Time: 8/26/13 9:29 PM
    Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at gregtechmod.common.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Machine.func_71857_b(GT_BlockMetaID_Machine.java:936)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_82565_a(SourceFile:199)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75855_a(SourceFile:180)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75858_a(SourceFile:135)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75860_b(SourceFile:117)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75861_a(SourceFile:88)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75857_a(SourceFile:59)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75859_a(SourceFile:35)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72844_a(World.java:3827)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathNavigate.func_75488_a(SourceFile:78)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathNavigate.func_75492_a(SourceFile:82)
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIWander.func_75249_e(SourceFile:41)
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:597)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1984)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:437)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityZombie.func_70636_d(SourceFile:141)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1817)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:253)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:29)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityZombie.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:197)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2345)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:717)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2306)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2152)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:548)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:666)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:275)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:585)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at gregtechmod.common.blocks.GT_BlockMetaID_Machine.func_71857_b(GT_BlockMetaID_Machine.java:936)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_82565_a(SourceFile:199)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75855_a(SourceFile:180)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75858_a(SourceFile:135)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75860_b(SourceFile:117)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75861_a(SourceFile:88)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75857_a(SourceFile:59)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathFinder.func_75859_a(SourceFile:35)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72844_a(World.java:3827)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathNavigate.func_75488_a(SourceFile:78)
    at net.minecraft.pathfinding.PathNavigate.func_75492_a(SourceFile:82)
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIWander.func_75249_e(SourceFile:41)
    at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:597)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1984)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:437)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityZombie.func_70636_d(SourceFile:141)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1817)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:253)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:29)
    at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityZombie.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:197)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2345)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:717)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2306)

-- Entity being ticked --
    Details:
    Entity Type: Zombie (net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityZombie)
    Entity ID: 712
    Entity Name: Zombie
    Entity's Exact location: -389.50, 43.00, -44.50
    Entity's Block location: World: (-390,43,-45), Chunk: (at 10,2,3 in -25,-3; contains blocks -400,0,-48 to -385,255,-33), Region: (-1,-1; contains chunks -32,-32 to -1,-1, blocks -512,0,-512 to -1,255,-1)
    Entity's Momentum: 0.00, -0.08, 0.00
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2152)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:548)

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level name: world
    All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['5taark'/624, l='world', x=-356.64, y=65.00, z=5.65]]
    Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1066 Drop: 0
    Level seed: 3497264899550425138
    Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (249,64,267), Chunk: (at 9,4,11 in 15,16; contains blocks 240,0,256 to 255,255,271), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
    Level time: 9469801 game time, 9668924 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
    Level weather: Rain time: 69782 (now: false), thunder time: 35456 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:666)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:275)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:585)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)
    /spoiler]

• I don't know if this is intended or not, but I cannot seem to put saws or files on bibliocraft tool racks.

Edit: and every time try to put them in, this appears in the console:
    2013-08-27 00:02:50 [INFO] gregtechmod.api.items.gt_file_item@58b73cf8
    2013-08-27 00:02:55 [INFO] gregtechmod.api.items.gt_saw_item@b7439a3

• you ned to put the crucial wirds into that part of the bibliocraft config, ie "file, saw" then anything with that in its nake can go on. Good system actually.

• I don't know if this is intended or not, but I cannot seem to put saws or files on bibliocraft tool racks.

Edit: and every time try to put them in, this appears in the console:
    2013-08-27 00:02:50 [INFO] gregtechmod.api.items.gt_file_item@58b73cf8
    2013-08-27 00:02:55 [INFO] gregtechmod.api.items.gt_saw_item@b7439a3

BiblioCraft tool racks have an internal whitelist of items that can be put in them, you can add to the whitelist via the config file for bliblocraft, just add the words "file", and "saw" to the whitelist, and it should work.

Edit: Ninja'd by Sirus a bit

• BiblioCraft tool racks have an internal whitelist of items that can be put in them, you can add to the whitelist via the config file for bliblocraft, just add the words "file", and "saw" to the whitelist, and it should work.

Edit: Ninja'd by Sirus a bit

Thanks

• Many other mods that need lapis for mundane things will be made much harder.

I may have figured it out already. I can do ToolBuilder.instance.toolMods.remove(mod) for all ways of applying Lapis and then use registerToolMod to recreate them with something else. I'm debating whether I want to make my own Lucky Charms that combine Lapis with other stuff in some convoluted Greg-like way, or just use an existing item.

If I really wanted to make people work for it, I can look into adding Thaumcraft research for Silk Touch and Fortune.

For now though, I'm feeding information about GregTech to Iguana_man to improve his new TinCon addon mod for additional support. He's got better ideas about how mining levels need changed than I do :P He's got 7 individual tiers so far, and you can trust I'll be playing the everloving hell out of this mod once I have the time to actually play again :P

• Is the loss of hunger from standing around a gregtech thing? If so, how on earth do i turn it off? I don't have a server to chunkload anymore, idling is the only option available.

• Is the loss of hunger from standing around a gregtech thing? If so, how on earth do i turn it off? I don't have a server to chunkload anymore, idling is the only option available.

Why didn't you try search "hunger" in config. It's even renamed and documented well.

For now though, I'm feeding information about GregTech to Iguana_man to improve his new TinCon addon mod for additional support. He's got better ideas about how mining levels need changed than I do He's got 7 individual tiers so far, and you can trust I'll be playing the everloving hell out of this mod once I have the time to actually play again

Also tell him to up material and repair costs to make it closer to vanilla and make tools only work for certain amount of repairs so you can't make ultimate tool and repair it forever. And disable electric tools and remove ore doubling configs ofc :)
    But i still would prefer if greg would completely remake tool crafting, not just add plate requirement, but add some sort of steam (and electric) furnace to smelt metals and create parts of tools, and using this parts w hammer and file to make a tool. Ofc leaving early game tool crafting w hammers and files but only for iron ones. Also maybe adding some sort new anvil for repairing tool w proper amount of material and hammers|files|etc. Removing vanila diamond tools and adding diamond dust as an additional component to tool crafting. Same w armor. Or something like that (maybe even removing all tools/armor after steel and forcing people to use electric tools/armor).

The post was edited 3 times, last by r00teniy ().

• Quick question, is superconductor wire and some other things missing for anyone else?

Also, crash report! What am I doing wrong? I placed a steam boiler and everything broke :/

Full report if that isn't sufficient http://pastebin.com/jWKW7GmT

• got the same error with 4.02a

• Damn Forge, Breaking Adventure mode, although it was working fine until I updated GT ;p *gets wooden axe out of bonus chest*

• :O
    I made a new world to start an SSP on, turned regen off, hard stone on and everything, then walked 5 steps and found a jungle temple.
    Its Loot: The Trapped chest had 5 pieces of steel armour and 14 gold, and the Puzzle chest had 35 bronze, 2 bronze armour pieces, 4 rubies, 10 iron and a gold sword... o.o
    IM RICH!!! RICH I TELL YOU!