[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greg, any ETA when the Superconductor Wire will work again? It simply doesn't transport energy from Plasma Generators (didn't test other energy producing blocks).

• The thing with GT and bronze is that a pretty considerable part of its early game revolves around bronze and bronze plates. The first thing that came into mind was adding double blates as SpwnX already suggested.

Still, this way you get the opportunity for even harder dust recipes, 3+1=4 through the electric alloy smelter and something in between with the bronze smelter. If double plates are added there's space for differences between hammer/steam/electric recipes too. This would give more incentive to create bronze machines.

All of this being configurable, of course. Plus, forestry bronze will leave the list of things that are changed without a config to revert.

Good point. If you were to nerf TE to GregTech EU tier standard using the configs provided with TE then it would be on par, since you'd need a pulverizer (which requires diamonds and steel). However not sure if this will conflict with the mortar dusts though.

• Get rid of mcpc+. It breaks mods and is not supported.

• Epic Lulz : Edited my post above while you were typing yours, but the gist is still the same more or less. Make bronze machines give you a boost towards bronze blast furnace that makes their creation justifiable, if not making them outright necessary(plus configs). Still, it depends on how it fits with Greg's vision. Nerfing the dust crafting recipe would make the mortar obsolete. Maybe make the steam smelter only capable of using dusts? Again, this seems a bit too much work just concerning bronze, but GT's early game seems to solely revolve around bronze.

Well, if Greg wants to make all the bronze machines necessary to make the blast furnace, I'm sure he'll find a way, and the change the current shift in bronze standards seems like a good opportunity. I'd love it if he made the bronze age a necessity beyond the extractor, plus adding a steam generator between the Thermal Boiler and the coal boilers(yeah, I know, railcraft, but still).

Eh, these are all hasty suggestions. If Greg is inspired by any of them, he'll figure out the specifics himself.

Spider : Have you tried sticking transformers straight to the plasgens? Though I dunno how viable it would be resource wise and not a proper fix, it might do the trick for now.

The post was edited 5 times, last by okaolias ().

• Get rid of mcpc+. It breaks mods and is not supported.

You can duplicate most base MCPC functionality nowadays with normal Forge server, there isn't any point using MCPC anymore, unless you install those plugins, but then they are designed for vanilla.

• @Linus:
    Get rid is not allways better. Sometime we need server which have ability to take mods + plugins in one time and mods for load plugins are much worse then MCPC+.
    Im using MCPC+ by myself for my server, and Im good with it. Someone who have crashes or much errors dont know setup mods better through config + use right plugins.
    There are several which are made specially for functionality with mods... All plugins by Sk89's or LWC etc.

Did you ever try to play on server without even one plugin? :/ I really hate that, because in MY country are people stupid and MC play kids.
    Since Minecraft will be able only for 18+, I really need to use this. :3 And I approve it. I take care about servers for more then 2 years, especially Minecraft Servers.
    Well, better resolve could be make BukkitAPI as ForgeAPI instead of make "own" server, beside its with Mojang Team.

Great then I dont need to use much plugins, because I already have good safety through IP's, nicknames etc. And for those who want to use MCPC+:
    Shoot poops over stupid plugins. MCPC+ Team want only allow using plugins with mods, so... Make support for that isnt something bad.

@Gregorius:

I hope you didnt forget me and my job for you :3 I still working, more rarely but, job in progress ! Will be ready for 1.7 and earlier :3

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Doesn't matter if we all do it, so long as we're all at least checking for existence BEFORE we actually add it. I'll be sure that it goes in for Forge 1.7.

Yes, checking for existence is always important before registering. If I wouldn't do that, then I would end up in infinite Loops of re-registrations.

Here's why: I had 1 Obsidian -> 1 Obsidian Dust in the Pulverizer. IC2-exp comes along and makes it 1 Obsidian -> 4 Obsidian Dust in the Macerator. Didn't mention it to me, didn't care, just did it. Same OreDict and everything. I realize you had *nothing* to do with that change.

Wait wait wait, Thunderdark made Obsidian -> 4 Dusts!?! I never saw that Recipe (as I auto-override it either with 1 crushed Obsidian of RC, or a single Dust). Railcraft has set the standard of 1 Obsidian -> 1 crushed Obsidian + chance of Dust, and I followed it in GT. I will fix that ridiculous Recipe on IC² Side.

However, I do believe in 3 + 1 = 4. I'm an engineer, after all.

If you would follow the Logic of "2 + 2 = Fish" then it would be much easier. XD

I have no plan on smashing ingots together to form a new one. That'd be Superman style stuff.

Yeah, any Crafting Recipe which is made like that would be autonerfed to 1 Bronze Ingot.

Found a bug with the newest Extra Utilities, apparently Ender-Infused obsidian is being mistaken as the block form of unstable ingots...

http://imgur.com/aGEjXIR

That can only happen if Ender Infused Obsidian is registered as "blockUnstable" and it could be an intentional exchange, but I am not sure. I think I should autoblacklist the block-Prefix from Unification to not change somewhat decorative Blocks

-----

Yes the Bronze Standard of IC² is a bit strange, and I enforced it long time before I was able to actually change it on IC² Side. Changing it to 3+1=4 is an easy thing to do on my Side, I have a System for that.

Would you then please change the Obsidian Block -> 1 Dust Recipe back? I think it also messes with Railcraft. If I would have known about this earlier (Thunderdark did it even before I joined the IC² Team) I would have fixed it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Note, I will change the Bronze Dust Crafting Recipe in GT to 3+1=3, while the Alloy Smelter (and I guess also your Induction Smelter) will output 4. That way it is actually beneficial to use Machines to create Bronze Ingots.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I can change the recipe back, sure, although won't that mess with some of the IC2 balance in making the memory cards? I'm honestly fine with it either way; the 1->4 gives a bit more flexibility overall. You could just alter crushed -> 3x dust or so to balance it out.

Whichever solution works for me here.

• Those Memory things are not required en Mass, and Thunderdark usually just does new things without caring much about balance. He once even added the "smash Ingots together like Forestry" Recipe to IC² (luckyly I found that one and removed it). Not to mention TE makes Obsidian much easier to get, due to Igneous Extruders.

V4.06a:
    Requires IC²-exp 336.
    Changed the Default Bronze Ratio to 3+1=4.
    Crafting Dusts together yields 25% less alloyed Dusts than using Alloy Smelter or similar Devices, to encurage the usage of those Machines. This currently doesnt affect Stainless Steel and Kanthal, because they need more than 2 different Dusts in their Creation.
    Edit: forgot to mention that Unification doesnt affect Blocks anymore, only Items so that your Deco Blocks shouldn't be unificated.

GregTech Website

The post was edited 1 time, last by GregoriusT ().

• Those Memory things are not required en Mass, and Thunderdark usually just does new things without caring much about balance. He once even added the "smash Ingots together like Forestry" Recipe to IC² (luckyly I found that one and removed it). Not to mention TE makes Obsidian much easier to get, due to Igneous Extruders.

V4.06a:
    Requires IC²-exp 336.
    Changed the Default Bronze Ratio to 3+1=4.
    Crafting Dusts together yields 25% less alloyed Dusts than using Alloy Smelter or similar Devices, to encurage the usage of those Machines. This currently doesnt affect Stainless Steel and Kanthal, because they need more than 2 different Dusts in their Creation.

Reddit is going to think you're going crazy.

• Greg, i got a small problem, related to Galacticraft and GregTech.

Your Redstone controlled Lamps (and probably some other blocks) does not count as a sealable block for Galacticraft, therefore making it harder to seal rooms with those lamps on the roof or on the ground.
    Construction Foam works perfectly as a seal by the way.
    If thats a problem that i should report GC, you can yell at me :3

• Its wonderfull to see how fine you both work together :)

Have a little Question:
    I use GT/IC with RotaryCraft and ThaumCraft together, and many more.
    With GT mod ThaumCraft amber change always to RotaryCraft Gem. Without GT, no "autochange"
    How to disable that autochange? I didn´t found the place to configure it. (I am a noob, I know ;-)

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• Its wonderfull to see how fine you both work together

Have a little Question:
    With GT mod ThaumCraft amber change always to RotaryCraft Gem. Without GT, no "autochange"
    How to disable that autochange? I didn´t found the place to configure it. (I am a noob, I know ;-)

/config/GregTech.cfg

Ln 37 | B:CraftingUnification=true
    Ln 42 | B:InventoryUnification=true

Set both (or at least the one on line 42) to false

• Greg, i got a small problem, related to Galacticraft and GregTech.

Your Redstone controlled Lamps (and probably some other blocks) does not count as a sealable block for Galacticraft, therefore making it harder to seal rooms with those lamps on the roof or on the ground.
    Construction Foam works perfectly as a seal by the way.
    If thats a problem that i should report GC, you can yell at me :3

Machines, and therefor also my Lamps, are non-opaque, and are then probably not recognized as sealable Block. They have to be non-opaque because of Redstone.

Its wonderfull to see how fine you both work together :)

Have a little Question:

Unification, "gemAmber" in the Config, and set the one under Thaumcraft to "gemAmber_false=true", that way it makes Thaumcraft Amber. Both Ambers are equal and get changed to be stackable.

@Wikipeople: I edited the Changelog.

GregTech Website

• Machines, and therefor also my Lamps, are non-opaque, and are then probably not recognized as sealable Block. They have to be non-opaque because of Redstone.

Aww... okay, making shitloads of CF to make a cool-looking Mars-One base.