[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Well, Ive got similar problem with mcp. I just download Scala Lib and put it in Libs folder and put it in Properties > Libraries > Add External Jar.
    It work before, but, since you add Thermal Expansion to Libs, it require Scala and newer versions also ForgeMultipart.

Beside of all, probably I wrote up pointless post :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Good news everyone, I managed to get some errors :)

Files

• GregTech.log

(8 kB, downloaded 130 times, last: )

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Oh, Greg. Can you please add in newer version support for ForgeMultipart for your pipes? :)
    And also support for using Granite as multipart :)

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Good news everyone, I managed to get some errors :)

Well, you only got Errors in my GUI Code, which has nothing to do with this at all.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Well, you only got Errors in my GUI Code, which has nothing to do with this at all.

Dangit. Guess we need Lemming then?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• All right new lesson in Gregtech house building, don't put you ore progressing room under your storage room.
    Also two questions.
    1. Why dose there seem to be a difference between 15% and 100% Sound with your machines... ,maybe its a feature to make you get the muffler upgrades faster.
    2. What ores, if any, spawn in TC4 Magic forest biome?

Edit: Can you also not make it if you have sevrol of the same machine going can you make it so that you only hear one set of that machines sound going?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Anarack ().

• Just want to throw in my kudos for a great mod. Our server is built around GT and it's hardest settings. While some initially whined, I think they've all since realized how much additional depth is provided. It also didn't stop folks from getting to Quantum armour in 2 weeks. Technode has been a success because of GregTech.

Thanks Gregorius

• Dangit. Guess we need Lemming then?

One test is left. Use a Conveyor Cover with "Export allow Input"-Mode on a non-extracting ItemDuct.

Why dose there seem to be a difference between 15% and 100% Sound with your machines... ,maybe its a feature to make you get the muffler upgrades faster.

15 and 100% of what? Are those Sounds too loud or what? I normalized them before copying them from IC², but they were not that loud. Breaking a Block of Grass is louder.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• One test is left. Use a Conveyor Cover with "Export allow Input"-Mode on a non-extracting ItemDuct.

15 and 100% of what? Are those Sounds too loud or what? I normalized them before copying them from IC², but they were not that loud. Breaking a Block of Grass is louder.

Of the sound option in the minecraft options menu.
    EDIT: In comparison there seems to be a much bigger difference in volume between say 8% and 9% than 15% and a 100%.
    EDIT: Well breaking a block of grass is a lot quieter.

• Of the sound option in the minecraft options menu.

Oh that, Minecraft is bugged in that regard, it doesnt actually change the Volume when setting it. Only if you disable the Sound it will reset somewhat. You need to restart Miencraft in order to switch Volume. Bug Mojang to fix it since they didnt do that for 1.7.4.

GregTech Website

• Oh that, Minecraft is bugged in that regard, it doesnt actually change the Volume when setting it. Only if you disable the Sound it will reset somewhat. You need to restart Miencraft in order to switch Volume. Bug Mojang to fix it since they didnt do that for 1.7.4.

Oh, didn't know about that thanks for the fast answer.

• Same setup as last times, all item ducts have chests at the end! Here's 2 more as well :)

ERR: PEBKAC-001. Your Itemducts do not have the signal necessary for extraction. Either provide them a redstone signal, or apply a Pneumatic Servo and change the RS setting required to Low/Disabled. ;)

• Ok, here's the issue I'm facing right now: Latest GT, IC2, TE...

GT registers blast furnace items with TE. TE then adds them to it's Induction Smelter with Pyrotherum dust as the catalyst. There's currently no way to disable this except to disable TE's induction smelter completely. I submitted a ticket to TE to ask for a config to adjust what happens with registered blast furnace items, but KL is refusing to make the change. See http://cofhmods.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/cofhmods-54

So, my question is: Is this intentional? I don't like it because Pyrotherum dust (coal dust + blaze powder + redstone + sulfur) doesn't really even come close to the same difficulty in getting a blast furnace up to full heat. (I like the tiered heat approach on the blast furnace, and how you have to work your way up to the harder items.) I could see it working for some of the lower tiered items (steel, aluminum, etc.), but Kanthal, Chrome, Tungsten also?

• Ok, here's the issue I'm facing right now: Latest GT, IC2, TE...

GT registers blast furnace items with TE. TE then adds them to it's Induction Smelter with Pyrotherum dust as the catalyst. There's currently no way to disable this except to disable TE's induction smelter completely. I submitted a ticket to TE to ask for a config to adjust what happens with registered blast furnace items, but KL is refusing to make the change. See http://cofhmods.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/cofhmods-54

So, my question is: Is this intentional? I don't like it because Pyrotherum dust (coal dust + blaze powder + redstone + sulfur) doesn't really even come close to the same difficulty in getting a blast furnace up to full heat. (I like the tiered heat approach on the blast furnace, and how you have to work your way up to the harder items.) I could see it working for some of the lower tiered items (steel, aluminum, etc.), but Kanthal, Chrome, Tungsten also?

The problem is that this becomes a 1-way street. I don't make those deals anymore. I will not allow TE's functionality to be crippled by other mods which are also able to then turn around and create the special TE recipes, such as Enderium.

And actually, that isn't even leveled at Greg. He's been great about it. There are other mods and modders who would not extend the same courtesy. I'll consider a blacklist, but one of the key issues here is that Kanthal, Chrome, and Tungsten are out in the open OreDictionary. If the goal is to not allow other mods to make use of them, then private OreDict names are the answer, as Greg well knows.

EDIT: There's a compromise here, we'll find it. :P

EDIT2: The reason I basically shot it down was because you simply came in and said "I looked at the TE source, you are doing x and y" and you didn't understand the underlying IMC. You assumed that looking at the recipe handler is enough. I have to add new IMC for a Blacklist, and then I'll have to come up with some sort of strange validation procedure to ensure that a mod is not screwing with TE just out of malice. It is more than a 4-5 line code change.

• EDIT2: The reason I basically shot it down was because you simply came in and said "I looked at the TE source, you are doing x and y" and you didn't understand the underlying IMC. You assumed that looking at the recipe handler is enough. I have to add new IMC for a Blacklist, and then I'll have to come up with some sort of strange validation procedure to ensure that a mod is not screwing with TE just out of malice. It is more than a 4-5 line code change.

I understood the IMC and what was happening. What I was asking for was simply a way (via config) to specify how they'd prefer to handle things on the TE side, so a user can specify to skip adding external blast furnace recipes to the induction smelter.

• How about adding a way for modders to specify how much Pyrotheum is used for catalyst? So maybe higher tier metals could require 8 Pyrotheum Dust + Metal Dust instead of 1 Pyrotheum Dust + Metal Dust.

• During 1.5, it seemed like the IC2 Mining Drill was an intended tool for both stone AND dirt. In current GT Adventure mode, the Mining Drill does not work on dirt.

Did it change, is this just an intentional exception for Adventure, or is it a bug?)

• ERR: PEBKAC-001. Your Itemducts do not have the signal necessary for extraction. Either provide them a redstone signal, or apply a Pneumatic Servo and change the RS setting required to Low/Disabled.

Greg is trying to test whether his itemduct auto-output works.

@Greg: How about using a workaround; the conveyor module checks which is the itemduct RS setting. If it is set to Low/Disabled, does nothing; otherwise, emits an RS signal towards towards the itemduct. Kind of similar to the way TubeStuff buffers and RedPower filters used to work.

• How about adding a way for modders to specify how much Pyrotheum is used for catalyst? So maybe higher tier metals could require 8 Pyrotheum Dust + Metal Dust instead of 1 Pyrotheum Dust + Metal Dust.

This can already be done via the normal recipe handling IMC. :) I've changed Blast Ores to be an opt-in for the next release. By default, the Smelter will now only grab recipes for which there is a vanilla or Redstone furnace equivalent, or recipes I have explicitly defined.

Greg is trying to test whether his itemduct auto-output works.

@Greg: How about using a workaround; the conveyor module checks which is the itemduct RS setting. If it is set to Low/Disabled, does nothing; otherwise, emits an RS signal towards towards the itemduct. Kind of similar to the way TubeStuff buffers and RedPower filters used to work.

Ah, didn't realize that was what was going on here. ATM, the simulate functionality does not work on the ducts (unimplemented), so it is possible that the machines are simply attempting to simulate before sending and then never getting the go-ahead.