[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• So I just noticed that the methane chemical combiner recipe gives a net loss in power, making it completely useless, since apparently methane also cannot be put into boilers anymore.

• So I just noticed that the methane chemical combiner recipe gives a net loss in power, making it completely useless, since apparently methane also cannot be put into boilers anymore.

Not quite. 21000EU cost per Methane Cell and 45000EU gain per Cell (at 100% in a large Turbine) = 24000EU overall gain.

Your Problem is not the Chemical Reactor Recipe, your Problem is your Source of Hydrogen and Carbon, because you are not supposed to use Water to produce Methane.

I can swear you used to able to to use normal chest + 5 aluminium plates in the assembling machine

I could swear I removed the Aluminium Version of the Trapchest->Hopper Recipe aswell.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey guys, look at this cool background :P
    http://i.imgur.com/kNRH0Qk.jpg

Why is the World in the back so turned? And why did you use my Skin wrongly? There is a Hat Layer I used to make my Skin, where is that?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• i just dont like to depend on luck to get things, i wrote early and goes ignored, but without a mod with returning way (mystcraft/dimension door) i cant get the "like a boss" achivement, because i need manguanese from the end to make a simple drill, and there is no return without killing it or killing yourself (i know ender chest), luck should not be part of this.

funny, that most things that we would like to play with, are so game ending, that when we arrive at that, we will be tired and weary of the jorney.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• i just dont like to depend on luck to get things, i wrote early and goes ignored, but without a mod with returning way (mystcraft/dimension door) i cant get the "like a boss" achivement, because i need manguanese from the end to make a simple drill, and there is no return without killing it or killing yourself (i know ender chest), luck should not be part of this.

funny, that most things that we would like to play with, are so game ending, that when we arrive at that, we will be tired and weary of the jorney.

A simple drill?!
    Unbreaking, little energy using and fast speed mining tool you call SIMPLE?
    Heck, it's OP.
    Can't you use a pickaxe? What's so bad in using a pickaxe?

Ahem, you can find Manganese in the Overworld aswell. There is absolutely no Tech Requirement to get to the End, except for using the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon (since that obviously needs the Dragon Egg) and the Magic Energy Absorber (to get Power from those Dragon Healing Pillars). And both are just Energy Sources and not required for anything.

GregTech Website

• I have 3 stacks of Manganese I got from blacksmith chests, abandoned mines and dungeons.
    I won't even need The End.

• I was wondering how you can get power from the towers, since they are in the end, and presumably all of your stuff happens in the overworld. I guess IDSU is one of the only ways?

• I was wondering how you can get power from the towers, since they are in the end, and presumably all of your stuff happens in the overworld. I guess IDSU is one of the only ways?

Yeah, or another cross dimension energy transport mod.

• KingLemming
    You said that pryotheum dust is hard to make, as balance for letting them smelt blast furnace stuff... but... erm...
    its super cheap, from what i can see. 1 sulfur, 1 redstone, 1 coal dust and 1 blazepowder? cheap as fuck lol

Per ore. That is not a one time cost. Given that the alternative is in fact the Blast Furnace which does not have a recurring cost, and will likely be powered with some easily renewable source, then yes - that is extremely expensive. :P

• Do those energy absorbers need to be chunkloaded, or do they magically load the single chunk they're in? Or, do they work like Nuclear Reactor's internals, and just run no matter whether they're loaded or not?

Found a bug: Hazmat suit, pants, rubber boots, and scuba helm all take 2 durability damage when the player takes starvation damage. No other armor seems to do that.

I am a little concerned about other items disappearing on death, but I don't understand why; it seems as arbitrary as hazmat suits taking hunger damage. I have unexpectedly lost a rock cutter and a few jetpacks, despite having arrived on the scene of my death in plenty of time to hunt through the grass/machine-jungle and collect everything.

(Yeah, AFK hunger is hard.)

Portable energy storage devices(a.k.a. batteries)+automation+enderchests(tesseracts if you are too hardcoar for enderchests)?

• Per ore. That is not a one time cost. Given that the alternative is in fact the Blast Furnace which does not have a recurring cost, and will likely be powered with some easily renewable source, then yes - that is extremely expensive. :P

Not at all. Blaze powder is cheap as all-hell you know >.> Perhaps instead of redstone, Magmacream? :3

@Above
    #TooHardcoreForTesseracts

@Below
    Oh ok, only for less then 1500 K.
    Much less OP >.>
    Although you are wrong, all 4 components are super cheap. Unless playing with hardening mods, (as vanilla in comparison) I got to a nether fortress within 12 or so hours of playing.

• Do those energy absorbers need to be chunkloaded, or do they magically load the single chunk they're in? Or, do they work like Nuclear Reactor's internals, and just run no matter whether they're loaded or not?

There are no Chunkloaders in GT. The only thing doing something what could load Chunks is the Adv. Pump, but that works only if the Pump is Chunkloaded itself by another Mod, such as with World Anchors.

Also with only the usage of GT you are able to move the Dragon Crystals to the Overworld, as long as you have the Dragon Egg for making the GT Teleporter Interdimensional.

So many possibilities people don't even think of.

Per ore. That is not a one time cost. Given that the alternative is in fact the Blast Furnace which does not have a recurring cost, and will likely be powered with some easily renewable source, then yes - that is extremely expensive. :P

1 Pyrotheum Dust = 62000 EU (from Conversion Calculations earlier)
    1 Blast Furnace Operation = depends on which Material it is = Temperature * Protons and Neutrons per Atom / 200 * 120 EU = 1000 * 56 / 200 * 120 = ~33600 EU for Steel (steel is a bit lighter than 56 because of the Carbon Content)

In that Case it would indeed make sense to have the Pyrotheum Alternative. However only if you configure the requirement of Steel in TE Machine Blocks. Not to mention even though it is an "easy" Way to get Steel, you still need a giant effort just to get all 4 components of Pyrotheum together.

-----

Also not all Blast Furnace Recipes are capable of using Pyrotheum. Only the ones with lower Heat than 1500K are getting those Recipes and there is ofcourse a Config (blastinductionsmelter) if you want to disable it.

GregTech Website