[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• You can always do vanilla sorting by dropping both peat and sand on ice and letting it slide over hopper w peat to separate them.

• You can always do vanilla sorting by dropping both peat and sand on ice and letting it slide over hopper w peat to separate them.

I was pretty annoyed there was no way of doing this without vanilla that isn't too expensive for me. I cannot be bothered to do that :P
    I may just use a piston timer to block update, unless Greg can shed some light on this.

• From Ruby Ore. And the yellow one (which is the one you can get Chrome from) from Sphalerite.

Weird. I spawned about 50 Ruby blocks to test if the garnet come from there, but I got 0. That means either I was unlucky or these things are rare as fuck :P

• Vanilla Hopper sorting is very space-intensive, considering the blockspace of the redstone and the blocks the redstone must sit on, and the buffer zone if you have nearby machines that are redstone sensitive.

• I was pretty annoyed there was no way of doing this without vanilla that isn't too expensive for me. I cannot be bothered to do that :P
    I may just use a piston timer to block update, unless Greg can shed some light on this.

I just dumped outputs into an obsidian chest lol. You won't need to automatically sort it out until way later.

SpwnX: Yes, cell preservation is in the manual workbenches too.

• Vanilla Hopper sorting is very space-intensive, considering the blockspace of the redstone and the blocks the redstone must sit on, and the buffer zone if you have nearby machines that are redstone sensitive.

http://i.imgur.com/zbTd05W.png
    Its one hopper that I have to use, since I can't afford an electric filter in my survival world (this is my test world). It shouldn't be a redstone problem, as just placing an item into the hopper works fine. It has something to do with the pipe.
    If anyone has a better suggestion for separating two items in a pipe, I'm all ears :P.

Trust me when I say, coming from someone with recent experience, DONT USE VANILLA SORTING!!! it is slow, space intensive, and dumb (in terms of sorting ability). Without a chest cart, you CANNOT send something up

• Possible Bug:
    When using pipes to input into a hopper, a comparator attached to the hopper does not detect the inventory change until a block update is applied to the comparator.

Oh great. That Bug. Someone on ForgeCraft said something about the following, when they were complaining about Factoryzation Barrels not updating:
    "When I punch you in the Face, do I have to tell you, that I punched you in the Face, in order for you to know, that I punched you in the Face?"
    Well, that is a nice Logic isn't it?

Seems vanilla Stuff needs to be told, that it got punched into the Face.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Oh great. That Bug. Someone on ForgeCraft said something about the following, when they were complaining about Factoryzation Barrels not updating:
    "When I punch you in the Face, do I have to tell you, that I punched you in the Face, in order for you to know, that I punched you in the Face?"
    Well, that is a nice Logic isn't it?

Seems vanilla Stuff needs to be told, that it got punched into the Face.

Well that's silly. Is it fixable, or will I need to make a filter/piston for block updating?

• Trust me when I say, coming from someone with recent experience, DONT USE VANILLA SORTING!!! it is slow, space intensive, and dumb (in terms of sorting ability). Without a chest cart, you CANNOT send something up

Why would you need to send something up w vanilla in modded minecraft? It's just for cheap sorting. And you CAN send stuff up, it's just a bit more complex :))

• Well that's silly. Is it fixable, or will I need to make a filter/piston for block updating?

You could go Hopper to Hopper as that works (Last I checked)

• By the way, mr10movie, I have started watching your LP. I have yet to catch up to the current episode.

oh and, I punched you in the face.

• Why would you need to send something up w vanilla in modded minecraft? It's just for cheap sorting. And you CAN send stuff up, it's just a bit more complex :))

As to why I would need to send something up, I divert your attention to the new Shrine Runner thread. I made a (barely efficient, but I don't care) egg collector for decoration, I needed the items to go up then. For sorting (which I assume that's what you meant), how would you make a intelligent automated sorting system in vanilla MC?

• Just a silly idea, but maybe use two hoppers? It's a pretty dumb and cumbersome way of doing it, but will only put you back 5 iron. ninja'd

I also ran a small test with rubies and red garnets. Mined 100 ruby blocks with the iridium drill (meaning fortune III) and got 20 red garnets. Mined another 100 with a normal drill and got 4. I mined 100 sphalerite and didn't get a single yellow garnet. Fortune III gave me 16. It'd be safe to say that they're pretty darn rare.

This reminded me of the recent discussion about fortune mining being superior to processing for all nether ores and, predictably, they now drop a single dust when mined normally. No need to thank me :D

I still don't like the pyrite IBF recipe conceptually, but it does take considerably less time at a way greater energy cost.

A line of droppers pointing upwards into the next dropper can move items upwards. What's kinda messy is the redstone to get them to fire in succession. I'm sure there are tutorials out there.

The post was edited 5 times, last by okaolias: Why do I keep forgetting words?... ().

• @Usingtwohoppers

I could, but then there would be no way to get the dirt out, as everything would just go into that first hopper.
    If you mean use a hopper afterwards, that wouldn't change anything.

@Dr Red
    I felt it, it hurt so much.
    And woo :P

• I made a (barely efficient, but I don't care) egg collector for decoration, I needed the items to go up then. For sorting (which I assume that's what you meant), how would you make a intelligent automated sorting system in vanilla MC?

Dropper, comparator, hopper and sticky piston to send anything up, dropper, water, line of ice w hoppers for sorting (well some basic stuff like repeaters and redstone too ofc). It takes some space, but work pretty good.

The post was edited 2 times, last by r00teniy ().

• http://i.imgur.com/zbTd05W.png
    Its one hopper that I have to use, since I can't afford an electric filter in my survival world (this is my test world). It shouldn't be a redstone problem, as just placing an item into the hopper works fine. It has something to do with the pipe.
    If anyone has a better suggestion for separating two items in a pipe, I'm all ears :P.

You can reduce the size of that redstone, from 4x4x1 to 3x4x1: http://i.imgur.com/9pCN9Of.png (also, one less strong signal on the bottom, so less likely to accidentally power something below.)

Without a chest cart, you CANNOT send something up

Sure, you can send items upwards.

Using the newer collision mechanics is possible, but takes a lot of space (due to random x and z velocities) and/or requires a moat to catch items that don't make it all the way to the top: http://i.imgur.com/Dm8JvVS.png

A tower of droppers also works, and can even be fairly compact (3x1xX, with the occasional bit sticking out to strengthen the signal for towers over 16 tall): http://i.imgur.com/YCbABlv.png