[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• And you insert the Materials it needs to craft quick enough? Because if it fails for whatever Reason, it waits a Second before attempting the Craft again to prevent Lag.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Is it that bugged, when you use non-Saw Recipes?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I just tested it, and it instant (1 per Tick) crafted every Recipe I inserted. Here is a List of things which prevent the table from Crafting instantly:

Not enough Energy (2048 EU/t, not a single EU/t less than that)
    Not enough Input Items for the Recipe.
    No Space to output the Crafted Items (Output Slot must be 100% Empty).

And in your Case it is very likely to just not have enough Energy, because the Crafting Timeout if it fails is 32 Ticks, and not 100 Ticks. If you have such a fragile Setup, then make sure the EU is not split up between multiple Crafting Tables.

GregTech Website

• ThaumCraft amber (gem) is unobtainable with Inventory Unification on, as there is no gemAmber in the Unification config.

Sure about that? Not only that it defaults to non-GT Items, which Thaumcraft Amber is, I also clearly see a "gemAmber" Config Setting in the Unification Config.

GregTech Website

• Don't use the Import Bus with GT machines, if they auto-output themselves(most do) you can use just a ME Interface. Interface has no throughput limit, they just take what's in their inventory and store it in the network). Thats cheaper, faster and i even think less lag.

• Sure about that? Not only that it defaults to non-GT Items, which Thaumcraft Amber is, I also clearly see a "gemAmber" Config Setting in the Unification Config.

There may be a "gemAmber" in there, but not under the ThaumCraft heading; I only see "gemAmber" under gregtech_addon and rotarycraft headings.

The Thaumcraft section of the Unification config:
    ####################
    # thaumcraft
    ####################

thaumcraft {
    B:nuggetCopper_false=false
    B:nuggetIron_false=false
    B:nuggetLead_false=false
    B:nuggetSilver_false=false
    B:nuggetThaumium_false=false
    B:nuggetTin_false=false
    B:oreAmber_false=false
    B:oreCinnabar_false=false
    }

There is only oreAmber, no gemAmber.

With Unification on, any amber gems turn into rotarycraft or gregtech amber gem. It cannot turn into thaumcraft amber gem.

• Looking for some advice.

I'm trying to run Gregtech with only gregtech ores on. The problem I am having is finding Cassertite ore. I can find the others (minus nickel, have never found any but haven't looked hard). I have searched all over the winter mountainus biomes, taigas etc and can't find any. Am I missing something on how Greg is expecting us to find ores or is it more standard to have IC2 ore's on with Gregtech ores? I like a challenge but not even being able to start bronze is frustrating. I'm also looking at the config options for cassiterite and cassiterite_high and wondering how I could make them much more frequent to confirm I'm generating them. I assume I would up the Amount to more then 1 in a chunk and up the Probability to make them more frequeunt? Just looking for advice on how to find this or should I expect to spend a ton of time traveling around to find ore's with just Gregtech ores?

(I have tried a few different worlds like this).

• The reddits is now claiming gregtech makes IC2 easier >.>
    Obviously its time to nerf some stuff >:D

By default, turn off vanilla ic2 copper/tin?
    remove those reinforced stone recipes in your machines (the CF foam on scaffolding makes more sense anyway, since it is how concrete is made)?
    Make the recipe for energium dust harder :p (Perhaps make the redstone centrifuge recipe output tiny piles of chrome dust directly, instead of ruby?)

• Reddit is stupid. Craft an iridium reinforced plate with Gregtech and tell me it's easier :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Please give me your OreDict.log File. It is somewhere below the FML Log. I bet Thaumcraft doesn't even register gemAmber at the OreDict, but RotaryCraft does.

GregTech Website

• Please give me your OreDict.log File. It is somewhere below the FML Log. I bet Thaumcraft doesn't even register gemAmber at the OreDict, but RotaryCraft does.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6793052/

Took a quick peek myself, and I think you're right. Thaumcraft doesn't seem to register gemAmber. To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know this file existed until now (shows how smart I am, this would've helped on a few previous occasions, too).

• Started on the material list on the wiki:

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/Material+List

Anyone got any suggestions? Wasn't sure if we should keep it as a periodic table, showing the elements that aren't in Gregtech, or should we make it just a regular table with the elements that are.

Much epic *claps* My debug stolen list was slightly less nice :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Started on the material list on the wiki

Oh, someone has stolen the Materials-MetaID-List from my Debug Log. XD

Gah, mr10movie didn't insert his Link properly and now the Quotes have messed up royally...

EverRunes : Try switching RotaryCrafts Unification on, it should do the Thaumcraft Amber then.

GregTech Website