[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I was talking about Greg being big (positive) news, but yea, that's probably what would happen.

Front page Reddit - GREGTECH UPDATES TO VERSION 4.07V!!!!!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, you should make a Plutonium Sword that has about the durability of an Iron Sword but can be recharged by heating it in a reactor.
    It does the same damage as Diamond but applies a radiation/poison rebuff to your victim. Unenchantable.

• Hello,
    Since the 4.07u version, i am not able to craft solar panel anymore. Is it a normal behavior ?
    thank you

Are you sure? Did you look up every single Recipe on NEI?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• IIRC KL never planned to stay past 1.7 anyway. He was going to port TE to 1.6 and 1.7 himself (and maybe a few bugfixes), then leave.

• IIRC KL never planned to stay past 1.7 anyway. He was going to port TE to 1.6 and 1.7 himself (and maybe a few bugfixes), then leave.

In that list SirSengir is the only modder who's tools I use. I find forestry fun and gave me something to work towards. I would find Gregtech and forestry a perfect pair if forestry ran on EU.

I find the other mods there trivialize the game to the point that building a base takes like 1 session. 2 weeks on my current gregtech world and I FINALLY got my Industrial blast furnace built!! (course I don't have enough power for it yet ......... )

• Some pretty well-known names are leaving in a fashion that seems like rage-quitting, but most of the names on that list seemed to be looking for an excuse to move on. I didn't know that mDiyo considered his mod done, I thought he was planning to add more bows, but eh, he was pretty much standing in mid-air if that's the case, and the wind happened to blow the other direction. I remember KL stating he'd leave some time ago. Machinemuse seemed to have lost steam in a prettty major way. SirSengir had freakin' left already. EE3 was borderline vaporware even before this. Mikeemoo I didn't really follow, but it looks like a ragequit at a first glance. I'm definitely biased, as I always considered open mods a collection of "stuff" which, while fun, lacked coherence and vision, so I could be very much wrong.

At this point I wonder what would happen if Forge and FML imploded. Would we go back to the age of .jar edits and incompatibilities? Would the open source nature of Forge allow it to move on sooner than later? Would we get smaller projects previously crushed by the monopoly of Forge coming out of the woodworks? Would Mojang finally realease its mod APHAHAHAHAHhHAh AhAHAHHAHAHA, I'm so funny some times :)

Seriously, let's wait until after the EULA actually changes to see what the actual reprecussions will be. As things blow over some people might return, and as time goes on new modders will step up to the plate. I'm not saying this to put people down in any way, or as a smug "no one is irreplaceable". I too am grateful for the great work of a lot of modders, with GregTech being an obvious one, but it's just how things tend to work.

Hello,
    Since the 4.07u version, i am not able to craft solar panel anymore. Is it a normal behavior ?
    thank you

Is it the recipe that's broken or is it and NEI issue? If you look up the recipe in a wiki and recreate it does it output nothing?

Edit: ERMAHGERD 30000 get is so, so close 0_o

• WOOT!!!

Thanks Greg for the fast update ... my jack Hammers Work AGAIN!!!

Now ... to figure out where the hell to get Sulfur from when I don't have an industrial centrifuge ... ARGGGGG (you have to have that to make a CESU, that I need to run my Industrial blast furnace)

EDIT: All I had to do was complain here and BAM it's from Galena Ore!! Crush it, wash it .... SULFUR!!

• 4.07u ... Machine Box can't be built anymore? Doesn't show up in NEI so not sure what the pattern is. If it's an assembly only item it's not in the list for that machine anymore.

Some pretty well-known names are leaving in a fashion that seems like rage-quitting, but most of the names on that list seemed to be looking for an excuse to move on. I didn't know that mDiyo considered his mod done, I thought he was planning to add more bows, but eh, he was pretty much standing in mid-air if that's the case, and the wind happened to blow the other direction. I remember KL stating he'd leave some time ago. Machinemuse seemed to have lost steam in a pretty major way. SirSengir had freakin' left already. EE3 was borderline vaporware even before this. Mikeemoo I didn't really follow, but it looks like a ragequit at a first glance. I'm definitely biased, as I always considered open mods a collection of "stuff" which, while fun, lacked coherence and vision, so I could be very much wrong.

Rage quitting seems pretty legit as far as an assessment on their actions is concerned. Why they expected mods to be nebulous 'wild west' coding practices is beyond me (perhaps they lack the total understanding of a PR-business mindset?)

Seriously, let's wait until after the EULA actually changes to see what the actual repercussions will be. As things blow over some people might return, and as time goes on new modders will step up to the plate. I'm not saying this to put people down in any way, or as a smug "no one is irreplaceable". I too am grateful for the great work of a lot of modders, with GregTech being an obvious one, but it's just how things tend to work.

Agreed. There's alot of scientific material that you can write mods around, and seeing how education friendly most Nordic countries are anyway, I'm sure it's an avenue that Mojang may want to capitalize down the road. And yes, mod authors rise and fall, but I don't think Mojang has really done anything to discourage the 'mod exercise' on Minecraft in general...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Enlighten me please!! ... what am I missing?? Just add more power generation through a transformer or something? I need 120 EU / T to make steel. I figured I would "pool up" enough to get the power requirement I needed and have the CESU push it out.

• For steel I would just keep making it in the Bronze Blast Furnace since that takes charcoal.

For EU storage, use charger boxes (specifically, large chargers); a large charger is dirt cheap and holds 16 battery items, which makes up its storage capacity. Transformer upgrade it to make the machine output higher EU/t.

Make one, transformer upgrade it twice, toss an Energypack in, and you have 2m EU storage (with 15 more slots for future expansion!) at 512 EU/t. Then you can use MV transformers to run your blast furnace, grinder, and electrolyzer off that single block.

• Ah I see. Never though of upgrading my Large Bat box that I have. That makes sense, also didn't know you could but energypacks in there. Did what you said in my test world and it all worked great. It's too bad that the upgrade calls for a MV transformer that is made from a single piece of copper cable according to NEI. Time for more research.

Thanks for the info!!

• Also, you can have 4 batboxes flowing into one copper cable, or Transformer it if you want, and run that into your Blast Furnace. That's how I got by before I had lead and sulfur.