[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Ah, right. I probably depend on NEI too much. It doesn't show recipes from steam melter, only alloy smelter.

do u use TPPI Tweaks? they disable bronze age, and re add gregs rubber mselting recpe in the furnace

• Is there some way to keep the plate bending machine from making dense iron plates when more than 8 iron ingots are in the input slot? It's tricky to automate the production of basic iron plates.

• Is there some other benefit to adding the circuit to the plate? If the only benefit is it makes automation easier then I can just devise more clever ways of automating :p

• Mass does not necessarily equal volume, aka, how much space it takes up (1 red alloy) is not the same as it's mass (4 redstone + 1 copper).

Also, once you get assembly machine, it is much less redstone than that for an advanced circuit. It's about efficiency.

The redstone isn't a problem, just setup a xp farm and just try to get Fortune III, efficiency IV and unbreaking III on a pick (even a iron one), and you're good to go with redstone. And if you find some ruby and take it off with the fortune, you'll get some chrome. Neat right ?
    It's not that much, if you know how to mine, after some hours of game you have a bunch of double chest filled with redstone.

• The redstone isn't a problem, just setup a xp farm and just try to get Fortune III, efficiency IV and unbreaking III on a pick (even a iron one), and you're good to go with redstone. And if you find some ruby and take it off with the fortune, you'll get some chrome. Neat right ?
    It's not that much, if you know how to mine, after some hours of game you have a bunch of double chest filled with redstone.

Or just IndGrind either.

• Is there some other benefit to adding the circuit to the plate? If the only benefit is it makes automation easier then I can just devise more clever ways of automating :p

Well after moving recipes from compressor to plate bender Greg had to make a way to choose that to craft. He decided to do it via int. circuit w different number.

• Well after moving recipes from compressor to plate bender Greg had to make a way to choose that to craft. He decided to do it via int. circuit w different number.

To me it would make more sense to have the dense plate require the integrated circuit because that's the higher end device, uses less circuits per iron (omg easy mode!!!), and is more intuitive when dumping a stack of iron into a plate bender.

• I absolutely agree with Sentimel in this case.
    Greg, seriously, you have overdone it, and even not a bit. I mean 8 redstone for a simple circuit is fine, nice and balanced, but when it comes to advanced circuits, it's simply a shame. About half-a-stack of redstone required for adv circuit; seriously?..
    Now about red alloy dust. The law of conservation of mass states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed.
    How come 4 redstone + 1 copper = 1 red alloy dust?

Make an assembling machine. Don't use the crafting recipe.

Also red alloy is the RP recipe. It's more like infusion than volume-consistent alloying.

• All these Bookmarks have different Logos, why dont you just rename them to "" or " " just to have more space for Bookmarks? If you click them all the time then you probably already know where they lead to.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• All these Bookmarks have different Logos, why dont you just rename them to "" or " " just to have more space for Bookmarks? If you click them all the time then you probably already know where they lead to.

Or move that one in particular off to the drop down part.

Or folder it under an amusing name XD

E For main point: Greg, are you willing to talk compatability with other mod owners who actually put the time in to contacting you (Respectfully too.) And work out issues? I really wouldn't mind a bit more compatability between GT and GC. they seem like they could potentially fit REALLY well together...

• Yes, I'm doing that whenever I get contacted. I answer almost all Questions regarding compatibility and such, but one of the things I will not do is teaching you Java, people come all the time to me with that, and it is already painful enough to help people with Java IRL...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Yeah totally, I make a Machine that lets you register a Block of Dirt as Iridium ingame!

GregTech Website

• Greg, if people want to ruin there game like that, that's there own problem :P I had been more thinking of a way to register things from Mods that hadn't been registered.

E: I had been thinking, maybe even something similar to the ultimate cheat armor.

• Greg, if people want to ruin there game like that, that's there own problem :P I had been more thinking of a way to register things from Mods that hadn't been registered.

E: I had been thinking, maybe even something similar to the ultimate cheat armor.

Minetweaker lets you do that, although not from in-game, so it's "cheat safe".

• Yeah totally, I make a Machine that lets you register a Block of Dirt as Iridium ingame!

If it is for (creative mode) server owners, why not?
    Where you can have an in-built "minetweaker" within GT, to (un)register stuff on the oredict (only for that instance-server-world).
    That way mods that doesnt have any form of compatibility could be helped.

Talking about resources... I think MC overworld height is just too tiny to fit that much amount of ores.
    Sometimes i dream of making "deep-mining" shafts where you go to another dimension (theorically directly below the bedrock), where you spawn within another deep-mining shaft at Y 250, where a whole new dimension, made solely for mining weird (and rare) ores and building whatever contraption you wish deep underground.