[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Quoted from "GregoriusT"

ZPMs are depleted when the Universe inside them reaches maximum Entropy. Pulling Zero Point Energy out of our own Universe has some fatal consequences, that's why the Ancients still used ZPMs instead of Project Arcturus.

Fine, but at least let us extract it from some other universe via a matter bridge.

• THere is not a single name I recognized from the Thread in the Esper's #Gregtech...

Its not an official channel, and most of us rarely use IRC. Me and greg really should use it more xD

• To anyone fiddling with IC2 crops, or Greg,
    Is it intended that a 0/10,000 (empty) Hydration Cell is completely unusable?

• Hey,
    anybody got some experience with Galacticraft Mars? In their config, there is settings for allowing other mod fatures generate on Mars, however even that allowed - Greg Tech ores or anything else don´t spawn there....I wanted to do some nie mining sites there, but don´t know, how to force GT or IC2 to generate their ores on that world .....anybody has some clue ?

• Hello,

Despite having an internal storage of 100 000 000 EU, a Lightning Rod receiving several lightning strikes will cap at 25 000 000 = the charge of a single strike.

Is it:

• an intended feature?
    • A side effect of ENet rework (1 single EU output per block)?
    • A miss-read from GT Debug Scanner / Nuclear Control remote sensor cards?

Current community wiki page about the Lightning Rod describes this device as outputing 8192EU per face.
    I guess, this information is outdated because it has been a long time since IC2 no longer split output by face but for a whole block.

• Hello,

I've noticed lately that my Thermal Generators act weirdly. Whenever power is drawn from them, they flicker, which makes my FPS go to hell. When a storage unit is full (no power drawn from generators), flickering stops.

However, this only happens on the server. When I try it in SP, it works fine, no flickering. Also, the admin made a test server with same configs as main server - again, no flickering.

This is a link to the server's modpack:
    http://galaxyunlimited.enjin.com/modpack

We're using Gregtech version 4.08n.
    I know it's not much information, but I don't really know what more I could add. I hope someone has an idea about what's causing this flickering.

• Hm, shouldn't a fully upgraded (transformerwise) Machine Box output 8192 EU/t when it has an energy orb upgrade?
    I cannot see it exactly but it looks as if my Machine boxes are only outputting 2048 EU/t

/edit: Checked it, the Box seems to be outputting 2k, but definitely NOT 8192.
    Seems to be a bug of some sorts (or is that intended).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Keridos ().

• You can change the amount of eu a lightning rod generates from a strike. A lot of mods incorporate more storage then their machines need because they have configs so you can increase the amount of electricity the generate.

• You can change the amount of eu a lightning rod generates from a strike. A lot of mods incorporate more storage then their machines need because they have configs so you can increase the amount of electricity the generate.

I consider this Lightning Rod a funny and costly prank. Not that I need it, but I can't miss a laugh where someone asks about this fence tower out there.
    At least it is more fun than watermills.

• Another thingy about the lightning rod: You already spent lots of resources on it right? So make it be efficient!
    Place the main block as close as possible to bedrock (where you can still connect a cable and bring it up to surface) and make the longest fence tower possible, that increases a bit your chance of getting a strike.
    Nostalgia time: That block was the first thing ever implemented on GT, i tested it, reported some "bugs" (aka unneficiency) and played with the (very old) configs for this:
    (Ignore the big square of fences on top, it was a test that proved to be useless)

• Hey all.

I am wondering what I have done wrong or what I could do better with my new workshop.

after what seems like forever, I finally got my first reactor set up, but it doesn't seem to be producing as much plasma as I expected. I thought I would be able to run 33 plasma generators off the plasma it produces, but right now I am running I think 24, and 18 of them aren't even at full output, and my quantum tank of plasma is going down slowly. I have 8 plasma generators powering my reactor. I am running a helium-3 deuterium reaction. It seems like it pulses every 10-25 seconds, and i get 1 bucket of plasma every time.

Here is an album of the reactor setup as well as my workshop with all my machines. I would love any criticism on how to harness my power or how I could more efficiently arrange my machines. Every machine you see has its own dedicated mfsu directly underneath it. Some of my electrolyzers still get insufficient energy line.

The shot you see from the outside of the machine shop with all the glass fiber, those lines run straight in, and each line powers 8 machines (8 mfsus which power 8 machines). I feel like I am not wiring things as good as I could and would LOVE some help.

Thanks everyone.

Here is the album. - http://imgur.com/a/UdNxs#vo6BKgk

• So, what is the GregTech and IC² version are you running? [My bet is that is an old one, because you are using TE pipes, while GregTech ones are much better (throughput wise)]
    I bet you are using NEI, right? If not, use it to do your math.
    If it shows the amount of energy given by the helium plasma (NEI plugins) you can calculate how many plasma gens one constant running reactor can feed.

• T

So, what is the GregTech and IC² version are you running? [My bet is that is an old one, because you are using TE pipes, while GregTech ones are much better (throughput wise)]
    I bet you are using NEI, right? If not, use it to do your math.
    If it shows the amount of energy given by the helium plasma (NEI plugins) you can calculate how many plasma gens one constant running reactor can feed.

hanks for the reply.

Super noob question - whats the best way to find my versions for ic2 and gregtech. I dont believe it shows the amount of energy from one helium plasma cell. I have seen in some videos where it says 8192k per cell, but mine doesnt show that. Also how do you suggest I caclulate how fast it is coming in? just a stopwatch basically and count off when i see it go through the pipe?

again apologize for the noob question, but is it difficult to upgrade gregtech and ic2 without resetting my world. I just got handed this server when the current owner didnt want it anymore, and Im still trying to learn how everything works. I tried updating from direwolf20 1.0.11 to 1.0.14 and completley failed. (we run direwolf20 with about 12 mods added including gregtech). Is it as easy as just replacing the mod file and having my users download the new versions also?

Thank you very much.

A side note, I also get confused as to how energy goes through cable. In nei it says glass fiber can carry 8192/t, but it seems like I can put much more through it (as you can see my setup has many mfsus outputting 2048). I also have a question about transformers but ill save it as I feel i have already asked too much for one reply.

• Alright, finally decided to try using the intergrated circuts. Due to there being no documentation anywhere (at least I could find none), how do I program it? I see a empty cell recipe in a plate bender needs a configure of 12, but how do I configure it?