[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Doesn't look like it's going to come back anytime soon either. Neither MJ or RF will get support as they apparently will die off soon.

Die off? Honestly, I love IC2 and GT, but they hold a very small foothold in "mainstream" modding. MJ is slowly losing traction, yes but RF is probably going to be the new standard for mods not wanting to implement pwr gen of their own.

• Die off? Honestly, I love IC2 and GT, but they hold a very small foothold in "mainstream" modding. MJ is slowly losing traction, yes but RF is probably going to be the new standard for mods not wanting to implement pwr gen of their own.

I don't know what's all the hate for buildcraft. Simple, understandable, usable, universal. I actually like it for the pipes, not for the quarries. Perfect for early-game automation.

• Die off? Honestly, I love IC2 and GT, but they hold a very small foothold in "mainstream" modding. MJ is slowly losing traction, yes but RF is probably going to be the new standard for mods not wanting to implement pwr gen of their own.

Very small? No way. With King Lemming going, Thermal Expansion will be slowly less popular or just more OP to keep fans. IC2 will be the non-OP stable(ish) mod.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I don't know what's all the hate for buildcraft. Simple, understandable, usable, universal. I actually like it for the pipes, not for the quarries. Perfect for early-game automation.

Not about hate. I love it. Many people love it, however most MC players just dont understand. And Chocohead, if they can get confused on MJ, then think why TE has such widespread appeal. (Pop on the FTB forums and you'd think IC2 was dead.)

• Greg, issues with the new plastic fuel cans - They can't be made with ore dictionary plastic sheets (MFR's for example)

Uhhm, their Recipe uses OreDict "platePlastic" and also in addition to that.

Greg, can/will you give me a 1.7 ported version of your API in the next week or so when you have also finished the port itself? Would be great so I can get started too.

Well, most of the things will stay like they are. At least the important things will.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Very small? No way. With King Lemming going, Thermal Expansion will be slowly less popular or just more OP to keep fans. IC2 will be the non-OP stable(ish) mod.

And I think (don't worry, I suffer from this too) that spending time on the IC2 forums molds our idea of the modding community. Most people playing mods are kids now. (MC demographics are available I think)
    Mostly younger kids and people who love to amass mass amounts of resources. Overpowered mods are not OP in their opinion, such as TE and that is why more and more modpacks are dropping IC2 and grabbing TE. Also Lemming wasn't the reason TE was loved (Myrathi is doing development on it now, so dev certainly isn't slowing), it was because it was simple, compact and very very easy. The older modding community (over simplified generalized term) will still love IC2 but that is shifting.

People (especially the FTB forums guys) are thinking of IC2 as old, dying. It is sad, ignorant and silly- but true. People aren't designing many modpacks around it sadly. Hopefully 1.7 can change that :) BACK ON THE HYPE TRAIN

• Uhhm, their Recipe uses OreDict "platePlastic" and also in addition to that.

Guess MFR has sheetPlastic or something along those lines. I can get over it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Guess MFR has sheetPlastic or something along those lines. I can get over it.

Oops, I forgot to finish that sentence XD

"sheetPlastic" gets Auto-Reregistered as "platePlastic"

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I don't know what's all the hate for buildcraft. Simple, understandable, usable, universal. I actually like it for the pipes, not for the quarries. Perfect for early-game automation.

BC is good for end-users but rather awful for modders to support. The whole reason why TE was rebuilt was that BC devs intentionally made it hard for others to implement stuff on their end even slightly different than what BC devs had in mind and didn't even try to have a discussion on it.

• Oops, I forgot to finish that sentence XD

I was right, it was sheetPlastic. But it's not getting reregistered however.

• I believe the reason IC2 is getting old is because it's not visually appealing or revolutionary. Some of the new mainstream magic mods, like thuarumcraft,
    are popular because of usefulness and they have cool effects. In a sense, IC is old, it's one of the first mods. If IC2 was to be reincarnated into IC3, I would think it would have to have a complete overhaul. New, different, cool items. Some neat effects would be nice (Like I said a few pages ago, items could float on superconductors when liquid gasses flow through them) and useful too. Things like mixing chemicals in test tubes to make them glow and place/hold them for a light source. Mob attracting machines, other cool AND useful things.

In my oppinion, IC2 is getting old. Still relevant, but old.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

The post was edited 1 time, last by CrafterofMany ().

• We are not out of ideas i'd say. What we may seem to lack is some kind of motivation to actually implement them.

leagris : to use dropbox images you have to use the public folder and copy the public link of an image inside there.
    like this :

• Aaah, I remember this.. we had to set up a Trade-o-mat at spawn to swap one Centi for the other.

• Thank-you Greg' for the fix of Lightning-Rod internal storage!

Along with that Fix I added a Config for the Energy given off by a Lightning Strike.

I was right, it was sheetPlastic. But it's not getting reregistered however.

Could you attach the OreDict.log ?

GregTech Website

• Could you attach the OreDict.log ?

OK

Files

• OreDict.log

(191.2 kB, downloaded 102 times, last: )

I see this too much.

• The first thing I do when I come back from a week of school (and after sleeping all the afternoon) is to go here to see what kind of debate is going on, if there's any strike against a mod author / Greg, etc... Oh, and I always brought some pop corns.