[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greg greg greg greg... How, can you, even if you're not here, troll me. Nay, it's not trolling, it's even more than trolling. Like there's the joke, than the trolling, than the Greging.

• Sirus, give us a preview on the gregtech textures, I beg of you!

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• TThat's some bullshit pokemon, somehow, the internet is praising it the last few days, believe, has somenthing to do with that absolutely boring twitch shit..

Yeah, they should totally try playing minecraft until first diamond with that, they'll never make it unless only 10 (or fewer) people participate.

• Twitch plays minecraft? That would be a sight to see. 2d games, easy enough, 3d game, might be a tad more difficult to set up than getting a fusion reactor on gregtech within the first 24 hours

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Twitch plays minecraft? That would be a sight to see. 2d games, easy enough, 3d game, might be a tad more difficult to set up than getting a fusion reactor on gregtech within the first 24 hours

TPP works because of the interface. The Pokemon games operate based on single button presses, while Minecraft works based on a lot of press-and-hold mechanics, or mechanics that are not so simple to be typed in. The hard part of Twitch Plays Minecraft wouldn't actually be playing Minecraft, it would be figuring out how Twitch chat COULD play Minecraft, how the text commands would interface with the game's controls.

• You like quake, but you hate CoD? So its modern gaming you have a problem with, not repetitive shooters.

You seriously just compared quake's gameplay with the one of call of duty? I do not have problems with modern gaming. I just dislike a few Games, because, I think their mechanics and gameplay are nt that good, for example, let's compare Battlefield and CallOfDuty. Both modern games, both FPS, but I definately like Battlefield more than Callof Duty

• And again, anyone, please?

Clean mc install, fresh configs, everything nice and clean, only chickencore and NEI, after adding nei, nothing works -

2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] Time: 05.03.14 9:44
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] Description: Exception in server tick loop
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT]
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: username
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at codechicken.nei.NEISPH.sendHasServerSideTo(NEISPH.java:300)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at codechicken.nei.ServerHandler.onPlayerLogin(ServerHandler.java:158)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.onPlayerLogin(GameRegistry.java:357)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePlayerLogin(FMLNetworkHandler.java:300)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.func_72355_a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:156)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:97)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:691)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
    2014-03-05 09:44:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

• Maybe the core and NEI versions dont match?

If the answer would be that simple. I use the latest "working" (haha) versions, and see tons of people, by whom it works perfectly. No idea, what I am doing wrong. Versions are core 0.9.0.9 core, and nei 1.6.1.9.

• You seriously just compared quake's gameplay with the one of call of duty? I do not have problems with modern gaming. I just dislike a few Games, because, I think their mechanics and gameplay are nt that good, for example, let's compare Battlefield and CallOfDuty. Both modern games, both FPS, but I definately like Battlefield more than Callof Duty

Yes, I did. In what way are they drastically different?

I'd probably agree that Battlefield is better at some things than CoD; but honestly I think they are both are crap now, but not for any reason of gameplay or gameplay mechanics, bugfests are my complaint.

• I'm using CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.8, NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.9, and because I crash whenever I try to see a furnace recipe, NEIPlugins-1.1.0.6 and neiaddons-mc164-1.10.4.64. Hope it'll help, I don't have any problem.

• How about, they play CrapOfDuty? Shouldn't be too hard to beat :D

Crap of Duty? Is that a Game where you clean the Toilets of the Soldiers?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

2D games?
    How about Dwarf Fortress.

TPP works because of the interface. The Pokemon games operate based on single button presses, while Minecraft works based on a lot of press-and-hold mechanics, or mechanics that are not so simple to be typed in. The hard part of Twitch Plays Minecraft wouldn't actually be playing Minecraft, it would be figuring out how Twitch chat COULD play Minecraft, how the text commands would interface with the game's controls.

Well many modders are smart, I'm sure it would be possible to turn mouse controlled commands into relatively simple text commands, for example:
    using the cardinal directions of N(orth),S(outh),E(ast),W(est),U(p),D(own) And action buttons: B(reak),P(place),R(ightclick)

moving your perspective would be done with any three letter combination of the six cardinals so 'NE' or 'SU', or 'WSD' or 'ENE' (75% east, 25% north)

Crafting would be tricky sure, but you could use numbers for slots both in inventory and crafting grid:

C1 C2 C3
    C4 C5 C6 T(ake)
    C7 C8 C9

Inventory:
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

so, say you have a stick in slot 3 and coal in slot 10, you want to craft a torch say:
    '1c4' or '1>c4' or '1-C4' whatever is easier then
    '10c1'
    'T'
    then you've crafted a torch and placed it in your inventory in three steps (for moving stuff inside inventory we probably need to use the X>Y form)

anyway that's just what I came up with after thinking about it for five minutes, I'm pretty sure a real modder could do much better!