[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Let's not be paranoiac. There are a lot of Gregs, and King Lemming did not say which Greg. And even if our Greg liked TE, so what? Anyone can like whatever they want :)

I didn't mean it the way "omg, how can Greg dare to like TE" or "how can King Lemming dare to say Greg like TE". I just found this statement and wanted to know if it's true. There is so much talk about King Lemming and I wanna verify how much of the stuff he says is true and how much is not.
    Greg can like whatever he wants + as stated in an early post by myself, I also enjoy TE in the right context.

• I like the posts CJ is liking :P

Wow, and he liked a post by that gollark guy who quoted me here saying that ftb was muscling out the older mods for some reason.

Man id love to be a fly on the wall of every modder involved in this. Even the guy who made that jetpacks only mod said he was going to just not talk much because it was important to be careful what you said in times like this. Is the modded scene run by the Mafia or something? :)

Also, saw that Omicron posted. He used to post frequently on the ftb forums and is a very smart guy, but kind of disappeared at one point. I love this quote:

All I know is, I would feel less bummed out by this step if RF wasn't such a thoroughly boring system. I've tried the 1.6 release of Thermal Expansion, and honestly, I've never seen less gameplay value in anything power-related, short of vanilla's "put coal into this slot in the furnace". It was so boring, I didn't even touch RF after building the basic six processing machines and a single dynamo (which was more than enough for all of them combined).

This is the big issue for me. RF is just boring. IMO its for min max type players who dont want an engineering challenge, they just want to set up a MFR farm, a bunch of dynamos, and run quarry after quarry to fill up ME drives and then have nothing to do with it all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zorn ().

• Well, the last poin, I have to disagree. Most of the times, the guys who like semicreative are the ones, who can not stop building.

I am such an uncreative person, that the only thing I can do is building straight workshops, and therefore, need my challendge. I do not know what to do, when I end up "done" with everything, and am in semicreative. Too uncreative for creative, I guess.

• Nah, you bunch min max'ers into a silly hole there :P
    Iv always been a min maxer.

In my diablo II days
    Through my wow days (Which I left because they made it boring)
    In my early minecraft days
    Into my diablo III days (Which I left quickly because it was boring)
    Into current minecraft days

I always bail on things that get boring from simplification.

• King Lemming stated that Greg likes TE (http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…44850/page-20#post-626466)

I like the whole concept of TE itself, and it is a very clean Mod, BUT it is very overpowered. The only thing I don't like on it is being way too easy, especially recently with all those Generators. And that is just a Number thing. Is it possible to set the Fuel Values of TE in the Config? If so the only thing I would complain about TE is its default cheapness.

-----

That fresh feel when all the Dirt comes out of the Mouse Wheel at once. XD

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I like the whole concept of TE itself, and it is a very clean Mod, BUT it is very overpowered. The only thing I don't like on it is being way too easy, especially recently with all those Generators. And that is just a Number thing. Is it possible to set the Fuel Values of TE in the Config? If so the only thing I would complain about TE is its default cheapness.

-----

Y u no let sirus make pretty pictures?

• Y u no let sirus make pretty pictures?

Of my now clean Mouse Wheel? No I wouldn't let him into my Home.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I like the whole concept of TE itself, and it is a very clean Mod, BUT it is very overpowered. The only thing I don't like on it is being way too easy, especially recently with all those Generators. And that is just a Number thing. Is it possible to set the Fuel Values of TE in the Config? If so the only thing I would complain about TE is its default cheapness.

-----

Yes you can set the fuel values in the TE config. I cut them by 20% when I use it, just to make them less appealing than things like combustion engines and railcraft steam engines. To me if a dynamo cant explode or shut itself off like a combustion engine can, and puts out 2 more mj/t, it should be less efficient than a combustion engine.

Do you have a suggestion on how far to cut it to match GT?

TE is a very clean mod, just needs more explosions and engineering challenge to set it up. :)

• TE is a very clean mod, just needs more explosions and engineering challenge to set it up. :)

For that we have Michael Bay GregTech.

GregTech Website

• Greg, Greg, Greg, what a pleasant surprise for you to see this post, cause I have an idea towards the next GT Build.

Do you remember MegaMan Battle Network? If so, congrats, you're no dork! Because I want to add in a new Dimension to MC, called Cyberspace. In this dimension, you take the form of a Netnavi, and try to solve problems going on inside your Applied Energistics, or any other technological systems you have. Of course, this, in effect, means that you will need to take another Dimensional slot for another technological setup. You fight mobs like Metools, and other viruses that occasionally plague your machines.

The idea came to me from the standpoint that all technological applications have a computerized system, in some way. If a virus can transmit from the airwaves, it can affect an entire GT Factory and halt progress, or worse, overload machines if these cyber-mobs are not dealt with. Now in a peaceful game, you don't have to deal with this, but in other difficulties, they will be a major problem as you usher out of the Bronze Age. You can inhibit these cyber-attacks with a Anti-Virus Upgrade, but crafting them requires iridium, which means you will have to keep a close eye on your machines for any strange behaviors, like spitting out refuse outputs, stuff you don't want to use in a crafting recipe.

I believe this post deserves a thread of it's own, under addon suggestions. If you find this suggestion unfitting for the scope of this mod, I suggest moving this post to a separate thread, under the moniker, "IndustrialNet2 - IndustrialCraft2's Megaman Battle Network"

• Can you give me some of the thing you're currently having?

• It's only a Suggestion, but the concept is that, GT Machines can contract viruses that eventually cause overload and explosion, unless you are bold enough to do an inside job, in the machine's Cyberspace. Or if you managed to farm enough Iridium, you can assemble anti-virus upgrades to better ward off these cyber-pests.

Btw, poor English is not a good trait for an Ambassador, but please elaborate. This time, with more detail and improved syntax, please?

Are you asking how will this benefit the player?

• It's only a Suggestion, but the concept is that, GT Machines can contract viruses that eventually cause overload and explosion, unless you are bold enough to do an inside job, in the machine's Cyberspace. Or if you managed to farm enough Iridium, you can assemble anti-virus upgrades to better ward off these cyber-pests.

Btw, poor English is not a good trait for an Ambassador, but please elaborate. This time, with more detail and improved syntax, please?

Are you asking how will this benefit the player?

Yes of coruse, not a problem. I was rather asking you , if the concept was not too unrealistic for gregtech?

• On the other hand, having those ore clusters makes mining with prospector hammers really worthwhile.

if it work like the prospector pickaxe of terrafirma, would be good, but it dont happen here,it detect any ore, and there so many, now even more.

Don't worry you can set the Ore Spawn Rates to as much as you want.

I try to follow the gregtech way, close as possible, and on first page...

11. Never question the default of my Configs. I have good reasons for my Defaults!

so...

TE is OP or Gregtech is too hard/tedious.

i think you made a misspelling, instead of "or" is "and" /jk . Serious, it only aply to me, since i try first vanilla gregtech before adding outer things to soft the pain.

I've been pondering setting up a youtube channel. Competition leads to better products for consumers, right?

I would aprove, but that depend on what you want to do, make the classic "modpack with gregtech" or a "Gregtech modpack" . You are free to do anyway, youtube is a free land under copyright seeking eyes.

He has waaaay more subs than me

and i say the same about you, reddit realy give you alot of subs.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Yes of coruse, not a problem. I was rather asking you , if the concept was not too unrealistic for gregtech?

Just pretend you are not actually inside the machine, buta controlling a virtual body to fight virtual enemies.
    Just to add it up: You could mess around with the insides of a machine and that would cause consequences, either positive or negative or both. Even more engineering!

• Just pretend you are not actually inside the machine, buta controlling a virtual body to fight virtual enemies.
    Just to add it up: You could mess around with the insides of a machine and that would cause consequences, either positive or negative or both. Even more engineering!

As long, as it stays configurable, why not)