[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Your feigned innocence is dully (and predictably) noted...

Regardless, it's apparent that this drama is another attempt to further schism the community away from older, established mods, and into the newer copy-cats that modpacks maintain. As I have stated earlier, it's quite futile to do so: You've gained the player population that you cater to. If you believe you can bully Greg into not maintaining his mod anymore, you'll have to try to be more aggressive than just your shit-stirring tactics that you've been using...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Regardless, it's apparent that this drama is another attempt to further schism the community away from older, established mods, and into the newer copy-cats that modpacks maintain. As I have stated earlier, it's quite futile to do so: You've gained the player population that you cater to. If you believe you can bully Greg into not maintaining his mod anymore, you'll have to try to be more aggressive than just your shit-stirring tactics that you've been using...

Well, I didn't actually know what it meant, after asking around, I think you should think about you just carelessly call people that ;)

Second off, no, its not. It was merely a protest, nothing else, to say "greg, this is not cool and you should abck down with it".
    I don't know WHO you are talking about, but the thing is, a lot of people still support gregtech in a manner, I'm personally glad to see that there is a forge mod going the full way of conversion to bring in a new experience for player :)
    Its just that it doesn't suit the needs of modpacks, unless they want to bring that vision.

People ARENT wanting to bully greg out of his mod, they just don't want to be affected by his actions, things like the ore dictionary thing brings issues to other modders, and they are sick of it.
    And there is no need to be agressive, as ive said MANY times, its jsut merely a protest, i may not agree with it, but its still one in a form, and you all need to understand that, then one day we can have a drama-free zone :)

I develop Totemic, and i usually only come on this forum to put down stupid ideas people have...

What the hell does this thread do to people to make them this schizophrenic? It can't possibly be the mod itself, since I haven't stooped to that level.

• That awkward moment that when pokefenn does something said to us not to.

And we confirm it that we actually do that shit. ^Magnus

(Btw totemic is a cool mod) -fan

• talking about arrogance/ego: https://github.com/skyboy/MineFactoryReloaded/issues/170

why dont i have any idea? idk, but he says it, so it must be right? not that i'm a mod author using apis myself...

You have no idea what you're talking about because it's THAT mod's API. That mod must always have its own API, or else that mod will in itself not work. The only time a mod mustn't include an API is when the API is for another mod, like a mod that adds IC2 compat. That mod mustn't add the IC2 API or else it might fuck something up with IC2 if it gets updated. However, IC2 must contain its own API, or else it will not function.

• talking about arrogance/ego: https://github.com/skyboy/MineFactoryReloaded/issues/170

why dont i have any idea? idk, but he says it, so it must be right? not that i'm a mod author using apis myself...

also, the removal of the oredict BS was denied, skyboy wants to talk to greg, it's a "protest"

Case in point.

People ARENT wanting to bully greg

Apparently, they are. So what other half-truths are you going to try to sell us now?

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• You have no idea what you're talking about because it's THAT mod's API. That mod must always have its own API, or else that mod will in itself not work. The only time a mod mustn't include an API is when the API is for another mod, like a mod that adds IC2 compat. That mod mustn't add the IC2 API or else it might fuck something up with IC2 if it gets updated. However, IC2 must contain its own API, or else it will not function.

http://puu.sh/8xzQU.png

it includes bc and ic2 api. invalidated your argument.

also, dependencies is written with an 'e', not an 'a'

EDIT: skyboy answered (look at the issue), but i still dont understand why mods which need the bc api in the absence of bc wouldnt ship it themselves... but ok... but i am still not as stupid as you thought in your post

• ''Protest''

Greg, just add a config option so he can just tell people to turn it off. Fixes this dumb shit.

• Case in point.

Apparently, they are. So what other half-truths are you going to try to sell us now?

You took half of the sentence out of context to TRY to make what you say valid.
    I'm selling half truths? Really? You learn something non existent every day~~~

I develop Totemic, and i usually only come on this forum to put down stupid ideas people have...

You took half of the sentence out of context to TRY to make what you say valid.

I'm not concerned with how 'valid' you, or others, think my statements are. But this is increasingly apparent that skyboy is trying to pressure Greg into some obscure compliance with the Ore Dictionary. That much has been shown to be true. Spin it however you want, but I can almost bet you that whatever maneuver you are trying to twist Greg into doing will not come to pass...

No matter what you say, I can't help but hear it in this guy's voice:

• I'm not concerned with how 'valid' you, or others, think my statements are. But this is increasingly apparent that skyboy is trying to pressure Greg into some obscure compliance with the Ore Dictionary. That much has been shown to be true. Spin it however you want, but I can almost bet you that whatever maneuver you are trying to twist Greg into doing will not come to pass...

Umm, I think you may be a LITTLE bit bias with what you are say, or misinformed.
    Greg is the one who is trying to pressure everyone into "some obscure compliance with the Ore Dictionary"
    Im not trying to do some maneuver, in the slightest...
    You don't need to see everyone as your enemy, I just came here to try to put to rest some incorrect things that people said.
    I personally don't care what happens with GT, he can do whatever he wants, if it causes issues for others though, thats not good.

• Gave me a great laugh xD

Poor Krapht :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Greg is the one who is trying to pressure everyone into "some obscure compliance with the Ore Dictionary"

I am well aware about how anal Greg can be with registering items/blocks with Forge, that I will confess...

However, by being equally as aggravating or non-compliant just to prove a point doesn't justify the action either. It only creates drama, and in a scenario where you have an immovable object against an unstoppable force, you won't expect any results of positive fruition to result. It will merely divide the already split community further, and just make one mod incompatible with the other...

• Pokefenn
    I'm sure we all have to agree GT isn't a mod for everybody. Just as every mod modifies vanilla minecraft, why can't we all think of GT as being a mod to mods that modify vanilla. Why add GT to a mod pack for people who do not even understand what a mod is in the first place? If mod pack makers were smart about what mods they introduce to beginner players, there would be way less trouble.

If I were a mod pack maker, my "introductory" pack would be:
    Minecraft
    NEI
    A minimap

And that's about it.

The first time I played minecraft, it was with like 125+ mods. You start to get lost in all the stuff each of them add. I had to slowly go through loads of reading to know exactly what each mod did and whether I wanted them or not. Let players understand NEI and vanilla. There is a lot of cool stuff you can do with vanilla redstone. Minecraft is less a game about progressing than a game which puts your creativity to use.

Then you build up. You want a sense of progression? Add a mod which does that. You like magic? Look for a magic mod. Mods aren't meant to be the norm. Mods cater for a specific type of player.

Of course, you could have various packs. With all kinds of different mods. But add WAILA to all of them. It helps your users keep track of what items come from which mods. And maybe make a modpack around GT + IC2. And maybe give your players a description of each mod and what the main things to keep in mind are.

For example:

If you don't want to make your mod compatible with GT, that's your choice. But adding code to especially reregister everything GT registers under a troll name is just being nasty. Code like that doesn't just appear out of nowhere. And this code, along with other changes, was commited to the repository under the skyboy alias. So, yes people are trying to bully Greg.

I personally don't care what happens with GT, he can do whatever he wants, if it causes issues for others though, thats not good.

Well the MFR reregistering of everything is causing issues for people who have GT installed. That's not good is it?

He can pressure all he wants. Can he force you to follow HIS way of naming stuff in the Ore Dictionary? No.

Oh and people won't agree with you here. You are on the GT topic for God's sake.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• It's a completely two way street, greg even doing that... ore dictionary scrutiny causes massive issues for anyone trying to load the game.
    5 minutes to load the game, even without the MFR thing? umm, no thanks...

The note i was making about the pressuring, is that it was 100% hypocritical, blaming skyboy for doing nothing, while thats one of the main things that greg does.

I understand that people won't agree with me, I expect 100% bias answers :)

• Going away from the now created "drama", i have to say that there really needs to be a global standard for OreDict naming, preferably shapeMaterial, with java-method-syntax. This stays near the programming language mc is made in AND gives the biggest compatibility. Also, greg assuming that there was a standard was really understandable since the FML wiki already listed shapeMaterial as a standard, and since everyone most likely read it, when he wrote a mod, he should be aware of it!