[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Or player could just incorporate GT to IC...

• In case your addon is essential enough to become a part of IC² itself, the IC²-Team got the full right to use and implement your code, sprites and other necessary files. Of course you will be mentioned in the credits and (if the addon is extraordinary big/essential) eventually even get invited into the IC² team.
  • Or player could just incorporate GT to IC...

Heh, the second one is already true.

I doubt this will affect many players though, the community is polarized enough that almost all the "non-hardcore" IC² players have left, and everybody else is a GregTech player. We may as well incorporate GT into IC², but maybe keep it as a "module", which can be toggled on and off somehow, or just distribute it along with IC².

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/com…ntum_armor_not/

so i guess we have another mod RF based thats taking stuff from IC2

That author's name is strangely familiar.

• Same person who made Level Storage.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I can't help but think that modders are trying hard to get "minecraft famous" by rushing conversion of features from IC2 to RF like that, since FTB decided that everything else than RF is trash for 1.7 onwards.

But anyways, I'm glad GT's not dead !

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• I can't help but think that modders are trying hard to get "minecraft famous" by rushing conversion of features from IC2 to RF like that, since FTB decided that everything else than RF is trash for 1.7 onwards.

But anyways, I'm glad GT's not dead !

well EnderAmmunition has this look
    http://imgur.com/a/jY05i

images from reddit thread /u/BBoldt
    http://i.imgur.com/0UrJ33q.png
    http://i.imgur.com/gQn9sxc.png

and its fairly simular to IC2 imo but hey my eyesight has never been 20/20 so might be just me.

but ya its whats going on atm people are rushing to make RF based mods in order to try and get there mod showcased, because FTB wants to go with 1 power system in there "flagship" pack eventho you have all sorts of mods that allow power convertion to the diffent types rather then being native RF. but ftb isnt gonna agree to that ofc.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Virezz ().

and its fairly simular to IC2 imo but hey my eyesight has never been 20/20 so might be just me.

All they did was create a negative color scheme off the original suit, and threw it into the mod...

but ya its whats going on atm people are rushing to make RF based mods in order to try and get there mod showcased, because FTB wants to go with 1 power system in there "flagship" pack eventho you have all sorts of mods that allow power convertion to the diffent types rather then being native RF. but ftb isnt gonna agree to that ofc.

Ever since FTB became a business propriety, their focus shifted from letting mod developers create their mods, to building modpacks as soon as new versions of Minecraft were launched. This shift in focus facilitated the cultural take-over of the Tekkit crowd, and created the forums of FTB that we see today. At this point, FTB is going to do whatever makes the the money the easiest, and I do think they care very little about the integrity of their fanbase, so long as they are generating profits...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• How stable and worth while was the 1.6.4 GT BTW? I don't think I touched it really and was looking to give it a shot.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Well, FTB removed IC2 from the Unstable 1.7 pack. That scares me.

Wow.. what wait! ? Am I the only one who LIKED having multiple power systems (using power converters if needed - i.e., in 1.6.4-)? I enjoyed having the early boost in resources from TE, then going to IC2 when I was into the end/late game stage and needed faster ore processing - at the cost of free ores from TE. Granted, there was also the Ultimate Solars mod that gave me a reason to use Radioactive Bees. I open this thread and it looks like a funeral for IC2 (Buildcraft next?). End of an era...

Then I see something about MFR going ballistic over GregTech? (I don't use the GregTech mod, though - just too time consuming...). Sounds like everyone has it in for IC2 based mods these days. :(

Guess I'll be building another private modpack with the ATLauncher for 1.7.2+ like I did with 1.6.2/4. As long as IC2 has machine upgrades and there's the Ultimate Solars mod, I'm keeping IC2. :)

CROPs. No one will make RF crops. And absorb Forestry. And form a corrupt alliance with Covert and Railcraft :D

And this, I think, is the most under-rated feature of IC2 that no one seems to use. Crops = compact reed farm.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ariosos ().

• The problem is IC2 is so buggy and unstable, and it's been that way since 1.5.

And anyway, IC2 is pretty shitty without gregtech. The only unique feature is crops, which is so tedious and over complicated that nobody uses it.

I'm glad they're moving to RF.

• IC2 crops are amazing, incredibly powerfull when done right.
    And yeh Kane its pretty stable, has a few little bugs but easily worked around.

Edit: IC2 in 1.5.x was very stable currently (Since 1.6.x it has been in an experimental build and is undergoing major changes. Honestly though I could not care less that CircleJerk the Beast is removing it from their packs. Their only semi reasonable pack was the mindcrack one which they had nothing to do with.

• All they did was create a negative color scheme off the original suit, and threw it into the mod...

Ever since FTB became a business propriety, their focus shifted from letting mod developers create their mods, to building modpacks as soon as new versions of Minecraft were launched. This shift in focus facilitated the cultural take-over of the Tekkit crowd, and created the forums of FTB that we see today. At this point, FTB is going to do whatever makes the the money the easiest, and I do think they care very little about the integrity of their fanbase, so long as they are generating profits...

You should probably remove your tinfoil hat.

• Good to see all the comments about MFR on Minecraft forums about their last issue have been censored. Good old MCF censorship strikes again. Wouldn't wanna rock the boat when Curse the Beast is mentioned

• You should probably remove your tinfoil hat.

You should probably stop posting here...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Good to see all the comments about MFR on Minecraft forums about their last issue have been censored. Good old MCF censorship strikes again. Wouldn't wanna rock the boat when Curse the Beast is mentioned

Doesn't help that both MCF and FTB have been absorbed by Curse.

EDIT: Good riddance, EnderAmmo has been taken down. The textures themselves were enough of a plagiarism.
    But Simply Jetpacks is back up.

EDIT 2: Wow, are they really copying from BTW now? TiCon (I think, or some other mdiyo mod) will soon have BTW-esque windmills.

• The problem is IC2 is so buggy and unstable, and it's been that way since 1.5.

And anyway, IC2 is pretty shitty without gregtech. The only unique feature is crops, which is so tedious and over complicated that nobody uses it.

I'm glad they're moving to RF.

It's fine now.IC2 has nice features like jet packs,electric tools,the old EU system and stuff like that.
    The crops aren't THAT tedious and complicated.
    RF stuff is pretty much copies of IC.Flux tools?Copied.Jetpacks?Copied.Electric armor and textured?Idea copied and textures just negatived.Lots of things copied from IC2.
    RF and Addons are pretty much oversimplified OP copies of IC.