[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Ought to just make Amperage dependent on the wire connecting machines to generators... Then, the simple formula of (V/R) = I, could be applied in gameplay...

Plus, it would be easier to calculate on the fly as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Greg, I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but if I look at a 2x cobalt cable my fps drops to 18, but if I look at a huge copper fluid pipe my fps is 91.
    I demand you fix it because you have absolutely no obligation to listen to me or do what I say.

EDIT: Interesting, the problem is caused for 1x graphene wire but not 1x aluminium wire. What the fuck did you do Greg?

• Cooling the cables is OK, but NO WITH water, but with liquid N and liquid He !!!

I would like to have machines in GT main tab sorted by technology tiers, if possible. Firts steam ones, then electric. So everybody coming into NEI can start at the beginning

For explosions of machines - if every machine has one more slot for fuse (easy to get - for example one glass and some tiny cable depending on tier) which will burn when the higher electricity gets into the machine. You remove the fuse = not working machine ever.
    When the fuse will get damaged, the machine can be damaged also by some percentages ( able 32, you insert 34 = rlly low chance, you insert 64+ = big chance), when it will be more than one tier = the problem. You too near = electrocuted.
    Damaged machine has to be unwrenched and disassembled for primary parts, which can be used again (also there can be more levels of damage)

This will move GT from "punishing" to "realistic" and "challenging". (discussion few weeks ago) If you won´t connect it right, it will still be problem for you, however not all will be lost when doing so. Even when you get one tenth of the initial cost, it will be more realistic than the big crater :)

• Cooling the cables is OK, but NO WITH water, but with liquid N and liquid He !!!

Except you need energy to cool down/liquify the nitrogen or helium, which is usually far more than you would save from using low-resistant cables.

• Except you need energy to cool down/liquify the nitrogen or helium, which is usually far more than you would save from using low-resistant cables.

Well, that makes sense only for high energy transfers, of course. Why cool down some low currents?

Water is in fact an insulator and an excellent heat conductor, pure water that is. They will cool the ITER reactor with water on the primary circuit (not the coils).

• It would also be awesome to provide a conf set for PFAA for GT ores that would let them generate in places and at frequencies that would be suitable for GT. I tried to set up PFAA for some decent world but after a few days of twiddling around just gave up.

If you or anyone else on this thread have any specific ideas about how the balance could be improved, please send me your comments, preferably as a github issue, and we can start working on a config.

CustomOreGen was updated to 1.7 over the weekend. PFAA will not be far behind. Expect it in the next few days.

To Greg: the mod ID for Geologica is "PFAAGeologica".

• Greg, I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but if I look at a 2x cobalt cable my fps drops to 18, but if I look at a huge copper fluid pipe my fps is 91.
    I demand you fix it because you have absolutely no obligation to listen to me or do what I say.

Uhhm, the only differences of those Cables are Voltage, Amperage, Color, Insulation and the optical Cable Thickness. Everything else is Identical.

EDIT: Interesting, the problem is caused for 1x graphene wire but not 1x aluminium wire. What the fuck did you do Greg?

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I DID!!! XD

Could we get floats for tracking voltage? Some of the power loss per meter per cable seems rather draconian...

NO FLOATING POINTS. Float (and Double too) are horrible Data Types, which shouldn't be used for any Mathematical Operation. Also even Double wouldn't be enough for the possible Amounts of Energy a Long can provide.

PFAAGeologica

Ahh thank you. Now I can disable Worldgen per Default if PFAA in installed.

Another thing since I'm not often in those Dimensions: Is PFAA changing the Nether/End too, or just the Overworld?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Oh Greg, another thing. For many compound ores which have a direct smelting equivalent, you get MORE metal by simply smelting the crushed ore instead of going all the way to purifying the dust first and then electrolyzing the dust.
    One pure Banded Iron Dust is only 0.4 ingots of iron if I electrolyze it, yet the earlier Crushed Banded Iron Ore is somehow able to be smelted to 10 whole nuggets of iron.
    I'd really appreciate it if you reduced the direct smelting output of crushed ores to less than if I went the full process of purifying and electrolyzing the dust.
    Thank you for your consideration.

• Playing 1.6.4 and maybe I'm tired or just blind but with IC/GT it seems like sticky resin can only be extracted now / industrial cent but no options for actual furnace recipes. Meaning how do I get rubber now :P

Edit: Seems like we are forced into bronze age now :P Don't try skipping.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• NO FLOATING POINTS. Float (and Double too) are horrible Data Types, which shouldn't be used for any Mathematical Operation. Also even Double wouldn't be enough for the possible Amounts of Energy a Long can provide.

you could make every 2nd or 3d/4th cable drop voltage, probably with a short/byte/whatever to tell the block who he is in that line to then substract 1 after X blocks

EDIT: or do those cables even do something on their own? if they dont and are just being calculated by a network thingie it would even be easier

• My testing shows big lags when placing/connecting cables, compared to IC ones....I hope there will be better situation with that.

And - how to get energy from normal generators to GT e-net? Greg was saying something about transformators, but they also do not conenct ? :/

• Oh Greg, another thing. For many compound ores which have a direct smelting equivalent, you get MORE metal by simply smelting the crushed ore instead of going all the way to purifying the dust first and then electrolyzing the dust.
    One pure Banded Iron Dust is only 0.4 ingots of iron if I electrolyze it, yet the earlier Crushed Banded Iron Ore is somehow able to be smelted to 10 whole nuggets of iron.
    I'd really appreciate it if you reduced the direct smelting output of crushed ores to less than if I went the full process of purifying and electrolyzing the dust.
    Thank you for your consideration.

I think that is wanted. Think of the 10 nuggets as less pure nuggets than the 0.4 ingot. You refine for the sideproducts, so there are different process chains depending what material you want the most.

• He was talking about things like Tetrahedite smelting directly into Copper and similar. Since I now have those Small Ores these Recipes won't be necessary anymore (but still available with a much lower Output).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Another thing since I'm not often in those Dimensions: Is PFAA changing the Nether/End too, or just the Overworld?

It won't generate in those dimensions. Only dimensions that use RandomLevelSource as the chunk provider string, like Mystcraft dimensions.