[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• How is he switching sides? I never talks about drama topics or choses any side. Only "side-choosing" i can see is which mods he plays, but that is hardly political.
    Perhaps I missed something, I don't watch every video

• Before Eloraam was gone, he was funny and nice. Now he is too political, and is switching sides, what I consider being a traitor.

What do you mean switching sides? I've been watching his videos recently and they do not give off the feeling of "siding with somebody". From what I can tell he's just lazy. Lazy in the sense that if something can be automated, he will automate it. Even if it would mean moving only 1 step less.

I suppose that would be why he prefers TE over IC2. Quick and easy to automate.

But then again I suppose I might have missed something since I've never heard of Eloraam before finding this forum.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Did GregoriusT changed something oncables on the last update? the info was not the one i remember and criticized, they now look more okay, not having toomuch upscale on beggining voltages, we still dont know how we canmake the cables, i saw the wiremill, but no recipe for cables (and pipes).
    Should i believe that the new electric tools, having durability and requiring power, are emulating the said tools with the unbreak enchant? anyway, one use for bolts, now where is that multi layer plates...

Before Eloraam was gone, he was funny and nice. Now he is too political, and is switching sides, what I consider being a traitor.

I did not know him, while redpower was alive, so i can say much, but people is suposed to change after they get enough attention to make their name worth, even not bein a developer, he is pretty famous and participating on the community events, so he prob want to avoid any risk of losing his incoming or dirty his name, he have enough paladins to do that for him, not so lightly he have an own packt at FTB.
    Also returning means nothing at most cases, SpaceToad returned, and buildcraft is still buildcraft, hype destroy all.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• buildcraft is still buildcraft

More has changed in Buildcraft over the last month than the previous 6. SpaceToad added a load of things, but the main thing was builders. It's the equivalent of Alblaka coming back and working on crops, and suddenly adding another 4 machines.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Did GregoriusT changed something oncables on the last update?

Not sure if it was the last Update, but it was definetly after you complained about it.

i saw the wiremill, but no recipe for cables (and pipes).

The Recipes do exist, just put an Ingot into the Wiremill and you get two 1x Wires.

Should i believe that the new electric tools, having durability and requiring power, are emulating the said tools with the unbreak enchant?

Well, they have a 1/10 Random Chance of getting damaged by the Amount of consumed EU when you break something with them (or using them for anything else such as Crafting).

If you have a Drill with 10+ times more EU Storage than it has actual Durability it will basically break after one full Charge Cycle (on average).

-----

I think this is describing the Situation of GT right now very well. (First Episode of the 4th BFFs Season)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

I think this is describing the Situation of GT right now very well. (First Episode of the 4th BFFs Season)

Greg confirms battlepacks :). Also butter knives (perhaps we need butter, made from milk in a butter-making-machine, before bread is eatable) :)

• No, nono. Bread is quite edible without butter, thanks. But I do like butter.

Greg confirms battlepacks :). Also butter knives (perhaps we need butter, made from milk in a butter-making-machine, before bread is eatable) :)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Actually, some redpower drama for y'all, I think I found Elo's google+ account, although I'm not going to show it off since it shows her real name. She managed to update for google plus, which was like, what, december?

Btw, Elo has always been FTB-pro, I mean she did give modpack permission with great excitement, there was white lamps in the shape of the logo and stuff, see here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-pack-permissions-thread/

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Actually, some redpower drama for y'all, I think I found Elo's google+ account, although I'm not going to show it off since it shows her real name. She managed to update for google plus, which was like, what, december?

How do we know it's real? Google plus might just have been automatic as well.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• How do we know it's real? Google plus might just have been automatic as well.

It has her real name. How I know that I cannot tell you :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• But that was in the time when FTB was a supposed to be a accessible place for people to share modpacks with friends. Not a place of dictating modding trends. Slowpoke wanted just one or 2 official FTB packs to play their map on easy and hard mode. FTB lost it's original purpose when all those moderators started dictating official modpacks.
    Eloraam and all other modders were giving permissions on hype because Slowpoke really had a great vision.
    FTB team was supposed to maintain just 2 packs for their original map. All other packs were supposed to be private. That was like what, 2 years ago?
    And now we have 23 FTB team packs packs, 3 voxel packs and a total of 9 private packs. 9 after 2 years. Are there no people interested in posting their modpack or is FTB team blocking everything for some reason?

• It has her real name. How I know that I cannot tell you :P

She's your sister isn't she! 8|

I see this too much.

• She's your sister isn't she! 8|

Ah shit, you have no evidence of this, don't tell anyone or I'll, um, beat you up and take your money sue you or something like that.

• Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about FTB anymore? I use my own choice of mods. So do my players. We always have, and we always will. WE know what we like. Why would anyone else try to tell us what's good in our opinion? That's just egotistical to an earth-shattering degree.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• But that was in the time when FTB was a supposed to be a accessible place for people to share modpacks with friends. Not a place of dictating modding trends. Slowpoke wanted just one or 2 official FTB packs to play their map on easy and hard mode. FTB lost it's original purpose when all those moderators started dictating official modpacks.
    Eloraam and all other modders were giving permissions on hype because Slowpoke really had a great vision.
    FTB team was supposed to maintain just 2 packs for their original map. All other packs were supposed to be private. That was like what, 2 years ago?
    And now we have 23 FTB team packs packs, 3 voxel packs and a total of 9 private packs. 9 after 2 years. Are there no people interested in posting their modpack or is FTB team blocking everything for some reason?

The vision was lost when FTB was made into a business product. It was then that Slowpoke realized that the volatility of mod updates did not create a very sustainable model of business, and thus he was forced to chose the mods that had the more frequent update times in order to preserve his franchise...

As you can already tell, you can see which mods won out in that monetary war for FTB's soul. Honestly, it's Slowpoke's damn fault for selling FTB out to people who's interest are solely based around expanding their internet influence and dominating the modded Minecraft metagame. You can not expect to setup a start-up business without an adequate supply of capital in order to stick to your moral guns. Slowpoke over-extended FTB, and left him very fiscally vulnerable to external influences for modpacks. Thus, in order to preserve a steady stream of content in order to keep his business alive, he sold FTB soul to the mod dev's would could keep his business running...

At this point, FTB is the 'Call of Duty' of modded Minecraft: overpopulated with an immature user base that only keeps itself informed with the most limited scope of information in regards to the things that affects their gameplay. This keeps FTB funded, and the metagame players in power...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I made a FTB private modpack for my server on time. It is a pain in the ass. Getting the permissions themselves isn't the worst part, it is that any update you do has to be sent to some FTB guy, usually poor Watchful, who then has to manually do everything to get the pack online, so you can usually get 1 update in per week.
    Until FTB automates the whole modpack setup process, I don't see private modpacks becoming popular any time soon.

• They do seem to be aiming towards more automated pack updating: You (possibly eventually) just specify which versions of mods are in your pack (no uploading except if you have an obscure mod) and if you, the pack admin, radio-button-select a more recent mod version, it just replaces the one updated mod in your players' FTB installation directories when they update.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll enjoy it if it does happen.