[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Break a chest full of steel screws near an active tokamak and have fun (don't stay in the path or get screwed)

:P

Given that this confirms that Greg is paying attention to fluid temperatures, either we need something capable of transporting Plasmas or the Plasma Generators need to be integrated into the Reactor Casings. I know that Atomic Science does this; if Plasma from a Fusion Reactor touches anything other than Electromagnets or Electromagnet Glass (?), it annihilates it and spreads quickly to annihilate anything else nearby. (I believe it also makes the area un-enterable for a while, but that may be a bug or me misinterpreting things. Or it could be magnets.)

And the magnetism of magnetic item entities would be Fun to see. Dwarf Fortress-style 'Fun'.

• Electromagnetic pipes, can transport infinite of liquids or items of any temperature, providing they are powered. 1eu per litre of Plasma, metallic fluid or metal ingots/items. 5eu per non-metallic fluid or item.

• Why is there even a ID limit anyway? I don't know much about java, but if you're using ints it should go way past one trillion. I don't really know what I'm talking about though :P

And now, I'm going to test every smiley to see if they work.

Some stuff is plain broken, like whatever is after the advanced machine block, and the nano boots.

Edit: More broken stuff. Diamond drill, dynamite, dynamite remote, depleted cell, sticky dynamite, personal safe, plantball, painter, all the stuff up there.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• !!!SCIENCE!!!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• A good point. Tin melts at only 212*C, where lava is usually about 1500*C xD
    You could use a high-carbon steel if you wanted, but it would be pretty unstable.

Maybe tungstensteel cells? :D They wouldn't melt right?

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• Why is there even a ID limit anyway? I don't know much about java, but if you're using ints it should go way past one trillion. I don't really know what I'm talking about though

Because there is a final Array of Size 256 where Enchantments are stored. The Enchantments themselves are stored as Short (32767) inside the Item NBT, so there wouldn't be the Limit.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Modifying buckets (and cells) to not being able to carry up lava (that would cause the bucket to melt and a lava block be placed right on you) would be somethin good to balance.
    You would need metals that melt over 1000K, like aluminium.

• Update your Waila and NEI

Also you may need to add Colour glass to things your oredict understands.

• Did anybody figure out why looking at gregtech machines/pipes causes lag? Or am i just behind a few hundred pages...

Because these have tile entities (extended informations) and rendering these blocks is dependent of these data fields.

If you add these tile entities may change at each tick (ticking tile entities) it adds another computation every tick (20t/1s) for the game client.

It is much more heavy than predefined cycling through textures like a fire animation, but receiving tile updates from server, and updating visual for each affected blocks.

• I have a small suggestion. Rather than the electric tools breaking after a single use allow them to become "Broken" and re-craft with a new tool tip. That would simulate the part of the tool that gets the use wearing out and then after a while longer the electrics can fail.
    It can also allow people to upgrade their tools with new materials if they get something better after the first part has worn out.

Edit: Also some way to make hammers/things give bonus to coal/diamond/misc... if they have fortune/looting on them?

Edit: Also how about the option for rods other than sticks as tool handles?

• I thought about the NEI aspect and it seems to be quite good now as long as items are kept hidden like currently.
    Once the tool piece is made it shouldn't be too hard a stretch to assume people can figure how to add a stick to it.

• Yeah, stone tool rod sounds very brittle.

---------

Greg... Can you make Terrafirmacraft auto-detection and compatibility? I feel like its early-game + your mid-late game would be pretty sweet, like chocolate + peanut butter dipped in nerf-sauce.

• I have a small suggestion. Rather than the electric tools breaking after a single use allow them to become "Broken" and re-craft with a new tool tip. That would simulate the part of the tool that gets the use wearing out and then after a while longer the electrics can fail.
    It can also allow people to upgrade their tools with new materials if they get something better after the first part has worn out.

I strongly support that, because I also had a very similar idea. A tool would have 2 durability values: one for tool head, another for everything else (let's call that "handle"). Tool head can be freely removed (and not lost), so when one of these 2 tool parts breaks, tool head can be removed and either replaced by another, or used for another tool "handle". Tool handle recycling: in disassembler. Tool head recycling: smelting may be enough, because tool head material would be used up.
    Reason behind this idea: some interesting low-durability tool materials and disbelief that whole tool breaks when only tool head is no longer sharp.
    I'm planning to implement a concept mod for this next week, because only since then I will have enough uninterrupted free time. Now that I have written this here, it is going to be much harder to "forget" this idea.

• Modifying buckets (and cells) to not being able to carry up lava (that would cause the bucket to melt and a lava block be placed right on you) would be somethin good to balance.
    You would need metals that melt over 1000K, like aluminium.

If I'm not mistaken, Aluminium has a melting point of about 660°C, while the melting point of iron is about 1500°C. So that wouldn't make sense. I think iron is actually the common minecraft metal with the highest melting point.
    So if iron doesn't suffice, you should have to use tungsten or something carbon based.

On another note, would someone be so kind as to explain to me why my last post about not determining a new unification target on every startup was ignored?

• You can already disassemble Electric Tools, just wait until they are almost broken and disassemble them. After that you can craft them back together.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)