[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• [quote='leagris','index.php?page=Thread&postID=159690#post159690']Hello,

This my setup for a GregTech powered Distillery.

Two sixteen Distillation Towers are fed from Oil. Ouput Fuel, Glyceryl and Methane onto pool decorated RailCraft tanks.
    Atop Distillation Towers are Industrial Electrolyzers and canning machine to give a final treatment to Sulfuric Acid cells, splitting, Sulfur Dusts, Hydrogen and un-canned Compressed Air.
    An on-pipe Machine work detector triggers Encased Fire Jets from The Twilight Forest for an exhaust gases show-off.

Cells are filled and emptied using GregTech Digital Tanks, exported and imported using all GregTech pipes and covers. Our central Applied Energistics and ExtraCells system connect to tanks with fluid storage buses. Still all cells transfers and handling is done with GregTech only in a self-sustained closed loop. No upgrade or overclock is used, so there's a bit of transformers bloat that fit quite well here with this industrial design.

Diesel output from this distillery will be enough to power two sets of 256 IC2 Semi-Fluid Generators for up to 2×8192 sustained EU; Or maybe another post-process of Glyceryl and Diesel for the more lasting NitroDiesel. We may use Hydrogen output to feed a future Fusion Reactor processing plant, or react it into Methane for use in large Gas Turbines. (nothing decided yet). Two other much simpler Distillation Towers are in preparation for Forestry Biomass processing to Bio-Ethanol.

All this is built in survival, with legitimately mined resources, so it took months grinding and preparing. Then it reward back with big challenge achievements.

I have the most raging MC-tech boner right now.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Based on a rough analysis of a Gregtech world, a Minecraft planet consists of:

52% H2O
    35% Silicon
    8% Sulfur
    2% Carbon
    1% methane
    2% Other Materials

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Hey if you are looking for a good GT server thats pretty hard, if not uber hard like a lot of purists like... try the beyond reality pack on the AT Launcher. I play on the public server that the creators let people use for free, and its very well run and so far all the players are pretty cool. There was one troll that joined and he lasted 15 minutes before he got the boot.

I'll have to check that out thanks, as long as its not to big of a mod pack my pc sucks

• If anyone wants a smaller-sized modpack on a small server that's cutting-edge (1.7.2) then hit me up for an invite. It's a bit laggy when more than 5 players are on (due to the slow HDD) but some folks like smaller servers. Only 38 mods (2 optional)

Quoted from "zorn":

• If anyone wants a smaller-sized modpack on a small server that's cutting-edge (1.7.2) then hit me up for an invite. It's a bit laggy when more than 5 players are on (due to the slow HDD) but some folks like smaller servers. Only 38 mods (2 optional)

PM me mod list plz :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

"I'll have to check that out thanks, as long as its not to big of a mod pack my pc sucks"

It is a big pack should be fine with 4 gigs ram and a semi decent CPU. The server it self runs of 64 gigs of ram dedicated box. We do not accept donations for items and there is very few items banned. So pretty much wide open!

• It is a big pack should be fine with 4 gigs ram and a semi decent CPU. The server it self runs of 64 gigs of ram dedicated box. We do not accept donations for items and there is very few items banned. So pretty much wide open!

ya thats way too big I;m looking for more of a tech only 60 so mod pack based aroud GT, I;m not into all the magic stuff. and I only have 2gig of ram and a 32bit system, I said it sucks

• Since folks keep asking, here's my server's info.

1.7.2 Modpack, Forge server:
    Applied Energistics
    Bibliocraft
    Biomes O Plenty
    Builcraft
    Carpenter's Blocks
    CodeChickenCore
    Eggygoodness
    EnchantingPlus
    Extrautilities
    Gregtech (obviously)
    Glowstone Wire
    IC2 (obviously)
    Mantle
    Mapwriter (optional)
    Not Enough Items
    OpenEye
    Plant Mega Pack
    Railcraft
    Redstone Paste
    Securitycraft
    Tinker's Construct
    Thaumcraft
    Twilight Forest
    Wireless Redstone
    Witchery
    Zelda Sword Skills

Server specs:
    Quad-core 2.6 GHz CPU
    8 GB RAM
    30mbit connection
    Dedicated server
    1 TB HDD

Quoted from "zorn":

• I wonder how did you make your screenshot more like a building in the real world.(I mean the decorations in the screenshot)

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

The post was edited 1 time, last by SinusoidalC ().

• Hey greg, i don't see asteroids in the end anymore, are they gone for good or do you plan a "space" dimension ?

Greg didn't have added them back in yet
    Yesterday I tested Java8u5 running forge 1.6.4 and it's fine.
    Java8u20b16 and Java9u15 haven't tested yet but I think it's noway to run them perfectly and it will crash.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

The post was edited 1 time, last by SinusoidalC ().

• 1. Please god can we have a better texture for the coil blocks. They are alright on their own, but for the blast furnace when you need 2 rows of them, the look bad.
    2. Please god can we have a better texture for the heat proof machine casings. The gradient thing works for the blackish colour for ULV stuff, does not work for the green stuff.

Edit: This means, sirus, make new textures for Greg (as well as HDish ones for your pack, just make regular ones for Greg).
    However you look at these, they are beyond ugly.
    http://imgur.com/a/wHN4C

Edit2: On second look, the heat proof casings are kinda alright, just the coils. Please retexture the coils.

• I wonder how did you make your screenshot more like a building in the real world.(I mean the decorations in the screenshot)

These are bare screen-shots.

There's no magic!

Some deco oriented mods:
    Carpenter's Blocks
    Chisel
    Forge Multipart (micro-blocks)

A decent texture-pack: Soartex Modded 1.6.4 github branch (kept in-sync with a custom Makefile script to include all and only installed mods, custom launcher.

• Please god can we have a better texture for the heat proof machine casings. The gradient thing works for the blackish colour for ULV stuff, does not work for the green stuff.

No way, just connected textures from the stacked blocks, so the tone is actually tonal. Rather than it just being stacked textures.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hey greg, i don't see asteroids in the end anymore, are they gone for good or do you plan a "space" dimension ?

Stargates confirmed :thumbup:

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Did anybody check out blood magic anyway? I'm wondering what you people think about it...

I played most of it. It's pretty neat.

If you're careless it can punish you, but if not, you can power bunches of IC2 generators, thermal gens, and customizable god-tier armor from the blood of sacrificed villagers. You can theoretically make a refillable potion that has all the positive potion effects and 8 uses (but it will probably explode in the initial making). I haven't tried the demon summoning or really high-tier rituals.

Overall, I rate it OP, but fun and unique enough that only strict balance-focus pack makers might shun it on balance grounds alone. I think it could use some art design; it takes the central theme of blood too far in color schemes, and the gear icons and armor models are direct copies of EE redmatter (used with permission, of course). The god tier armor protection is similar to the Q-suit, but far easier to obtain.

On the punishing carelessness note... if you were to power your entire base with blood and were using all your gens at once, if you aren't watching the numbers you could possibly drain your LP reserves to the point that you die, then die repeatedly after respawning because you die too quickly to shut things down. That would be an amusing corner to see someone paint themselves into.