[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Im probably a version or 2 old.

Displaying % loss as a % of peak power is reasonably acceptable.
    its 4:30am so I might call it a night and tackle things once I have at least a few hours of sleep under my belt. I get irritable and shit at things when iv not slept for 30+ hours lol.

Might try building some form of interactive graphing setup and power calculator thingy....

• Displaying % loss as a % of peak power is reasonably acceptable.
    its 4:30am so I might call it a night and tackle things once I have at least a few hours of sleep under my belt. I get irritable and shit at things when iv not slept for 30+ hours lol.

Yes, that works too but like I said above, when you deal with % loss as a % of peak power, you also need to take into consideration the power usage of machines. You start to take into consideration the balance of the game and things get more complicated than they need to be.

If I had to do comparisons, I would just compare cables to cables. This gives the most information by showing the trade-offs you need to make when you use this or that cable.

Good Night to you Sir.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Oh man, Traincraft is really looking sexy lately.

Basically OpenTTD in minecraft. The video is awesome too.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    I have copied this line

• Yes, that works too but like I said above, when you deal with % loss as a % of peak power, you also need to take into consideration the power usage of machines. You start to take into consideration the balance of the game and things get more complicated than they need to be.

If I had to do comparisons, I would just compare cables to cables. This gives the most information by showing the trade-offs you need to make when you use this or that cable.

Good Night to you Sir.

I updated the table that way. But i still do not know the real loss...

• I updated the table that way. But i still do not know the real loss...

You could probably just leave the "Efficiency compared to tin cable" as a ratio instead of a %. Too many zeroes.
    For the true values you'll probably have to either go in game and copy each one... Or get Greg to give them to you.

I would probably wait until he is done with the Electric age... since it looks like he is still changing around the wire properties...

I have copied this line

• I'm just hoping soon that we get a simplified list of all the amps/volts from machines, and what all generators give out and stuff like that.

Also, MACERATOR FORUM RANK YEAAAA

• What about
    Power loss : (Material resistance * Amperage* Distance) / (Voltage * cable size), rounded up to be at least 1 EU regardless of distance.

Thus you have three options to reduce loss : better cable material, bigger cable , higher voltage.

Cables would be different on maximum amperage, maximum voltage and material resistance.

• MACERATOR FORUM RANK YEAAAA

The novelty wears off quickly :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• All I know is that my power plant is very close to my extruder, ore washer, and blast furnace respectively, and none of them can be powered from the energy source. Here's how the power conversion goes:

5 small turbines with a total of 13 tin cable, feeding two LV->MV transformers, which have a total of 2 copper cables, which feed a MV->HV transformer, which carries across 14 silver wire, then to a HV->MV, one copper wire, MV-LV, and tin the rest of the way (1 tin, 3 tin, and 5 tin respectively). So in all, I count at maximum travel time 34 blocks, of which are 18 tin, 2 copper, and 14 silver.. According to the tooltips, the total loss is 80 EU-V. Now, since noone has given me an answer YET on the output of a turbine, I have had to assume it to be 32v@1A or 32 EU-V, based on my observations of what they can and cannot power. So the total input is 160 EU-V with a loss of 80 EU-V, resulting in 80 EU-V. A freaking 50% loss. Now, Greg never answered directly whether transformers have a loss, but it seems probable and I believe he said it would be 36 EU-V. Thus 5 transformers is 180 EU-V. So, if my calculations are correct, the reason my machines aren't running is because there's a 150% energy loss. WTF.

Sorry Greg, I love ya to pieces but something IS wrong with these values. Power loss is way, way too unrealistically high. At this point the only reasonable power source would be to just charge an endless array of batteries and transport them manually, or transport steam directly and power a turbine of appropriate voltage beside each and every machine. 34 blocks cannot possibly be justified as 'too long' to run power.

Also, chunk-load distance is hardly an argument, because world anchors, chunkloaders, and aggressive server settings (my old server basically never unloaded chunks. Not the best decision with multiple players exploring.)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• My steam powered machines are acting funny and making strange noises. It sounds like, well, a machine grinding to a halt. They seem to slow down a lot as well when the sound plays. I've traced the sound to a file called InterruptOne.ogg at gregtechmod408s/assets/ic2/sound/machines. What is this sound and/or what does it mean? Is there something wrong with my setup? I've made sure all the heat vents are unobstructed and that there is enough power - I tried with 3 High Pressure Coal Boilers connected to a single Steam Forge Hammer.

Another thing I noticed is that although the aforementioned boilers are all connected to the machines with Bronze Fluid Pipes, only one of them seems to be actually supplying steam to the system. The same happens if I put any steam powered machine between two boilers (so that the sides are touching) - both boilers generate steam, but only one of them exports it into the connected machine. Is this a bug?

• is gregtech considered stable yet? Not by a long shot?

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Also, MACERATOR FORUM RANK YEAAAA

:Macerator: rase :Macerator: raiseyourmacerator :Macerator: rase :Macerator:
    nヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your macerators ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

• Would I be right in assuming loss for machines on output is something like this?
    And is that applied before the power leaves the machine?

Teir Loss
    1 18
    2 36
    3 72
    4 144
    5 288
    6 576
    7 1152

Edit: I am almost 100% sure my math went wrong somewhere..

Edit2: (Completly random idea) I am thinking up some way of making cable range a representation of Half-Range of the power travelling over it, similar to nuclear half life

• Well, for me, the onlx working idea in 40x40 house i to put battery chargers just in front of generators, charge batteries, transport them via automated wires, then discharge them near machines in another battery charger....but i´m not happy with that :/ Cables should be with some losses, but....I would prefer max 50% losses for bad cables and up to 5% losses for good cables (wired around 50 blocks)....

You know one thing? Why to compute generator efficiencies, when all the power gets eaten by cables? Electricity should be step up, now it is better to avoid it for better energy->product ratio.....

• Greg said:
    "Actually outputted Energy => (8 * 2 ^ TIER) + (2 ^ TIER) <= Energy getting voided."

That would be:
    Tier Energy out Energy loss Energy use

1 16 2 18
    2 32 4 36
    3 64 8 72
    4 128 16 144
    5 256 32 288

So i get the same as you.

But i think it shoud be:

(8 * 2 ^ ((TIER - 1) * 2)) + (2 ^ TIER)

1 8 2 10
    2 32 4 36
    3 128 8 136
    4 512 32 544
    5 2048 64 2132
    6 8192 128 8320
    7 32768 256 33024

Or

(8 * 2 ^ ((TIER -1)*2)) + (2 ^ ((TIER -1) *2))

1 8 1 9
    2 32 4 36
    3 128 16 144
    4 512 64 576
    5 2048 512 2560

• And every and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE WITHOUT ANY F**KING EXCEPTION Machine which Outputs Energy looses a certain amount of EU per Ampere what is calculated this way:
    Actually outputted Energy => (8 * 2 ^ TIER) + (2 ^ TIER) <= Energy getting voided.

Does this include steam turbines? I mean, if I attach basic steam turbine to something, will that something receive exactly 32EU/t ?
    This is important because that 'something' is one of 4 LV energy hatches for industrial blast furnace, smelting aluminium. I don't know what EU/t this "reaction" needs, so I assume worst case: 128 EU/t. So perfect output from steam turbine would allow to use just 4 steam turbines, each attached directly to LV energy hatch and supplied with steam from pipes. Relatively compact setup compared to 5 or 6 or even 8 steam turbines to offset energy loss. Now that I think about it, it doesn't matter that much :) 4 or eight turbines use up very similar amount of factory space.