[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• So if you couldn't store steam in tanks, or produce/transport it efficiently, you'd want to upgrade to electric.

If you have Railcraft, stick with steam until you have to build electric machines.

Logically, though, any steam should be bleeding heat (and therefore energy/volume/pressure) for every cm² of containment (pipes, tanks, machines) it contacts. This would increase incentive to move up to electric sooner.

But, introducing loss into steam transport/storage might cause a revolt, even if it were simple to implement.

• introducing loss into steam transport/storage might cause a revolt, even if it were simple to implement.

It would be impossible to even try to play if Greg did that, pushing from one loss power source to another just as bad is not an improvement.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I demand to know who wrote the wiki page for the printing factory!

The part about automating quills, for some reason has had me laughing off and on for 10 minutes. :)

• I demand to know who wrote the wiki page for the printing factory!

The part about automating quills, for some reason has had me laughing off and on for 10 minutes. :)

http://gregtechcommunitywiki.w…/history/Printing+Factory (Chocohead).

I laughed about it too.

• Greg, with these energy loses you are going all BTW now.
    Up until now you was going TFC way: increasing infrastructure needed, adding more steps to something, but with this you just going BTW way: oh you want iron? go mine 9 instead of one and then chop crapton of trees to smelt it and get 1 iron and no you can get more out of it, because early even if you transform it upward once you still will loose too much on 2xtransformators and cables to be able to use it.

• The way you put BTW is not the way you should.
    In my opinion at-least: Btw tops any survival based mods that are for forge. The simple changes aren't simple as you actually have to work.
    TFC on the other hand is just boring grind. Gotta wait for my campfire! Gotta slowly get ores!

• TFC is grindy if you look to the end goal being the best armour. It is a mod that has to be played with building and construction as the primary goal. Tech progression is secondary.

• The way you put BTW is not the way you should.
    In my opinion at-least: Btw tops any survival based mods that are for forge. The simple changes aren't simple as you actually have to work.
    TFC on the other hand is just boring grind. Gotta wait for my campfire! Gotta slowly get ores!

Could you explain me how get mixture of metals in pit kiln, mold it and combine is grind then mining 9xmore ore is not? BTW has good machines and ideas, but it's over nerfing some parts wout any reason.
    Early game TFC >> BTW in many aspects, but sadly TFC adds not enough content to have decent progression tree, so it can only be used to enhance vanilla. It need more middle and endgame stuff to be better.

• TFC is getting Oredictionary support for 1.7. I look forward to seeing if it's compatible with GT, with maybe a minetweaker just to make oreblocks craftable for byproducts. I did see that GT 5.0 already has Wrought Iron and Black Steel as a material for tools.

• Yep. It would be perfect if Greg could add TFC support. It's early game is perfect, ore spawn is good and with GT tech tree it should end up as very good combination.

• The reason I wouldn't call BTW grindy is because for metals you can turn to automated mob farms that give you infinite iron/gold for free.
    You only have to mine 9x the ores for early game, and I don't see a problem with having to get 27 ores for an iron pickaxe when it lasts longer than a vanilla pickaxe anyway, and once you get a crucible you can just get all your iron back.
    The hardest part of getting that 27 iron is surviving the mobs while in the caves and not starving while you're at it.
    As for trees, I always felt weird about a single log being able to cook so many cubic blocks of stone. It feels more natural to have 1 stone/ore per log, and once you get a kiln/cauldron/crucible you can cook stuff for free anyway.
    All the supposedly grindy parts of BTW are only like that in the early game and then through technology you make your life easier.
    With TFC you will always have to keep mining ore for as long as you want to make things, and you have to go through a long process that you can't automate. Sure it is engaging and in depth, but after doing it fifty bazillion times for making each progressively better set of tools and armor (along with replacements) it starts to feel grindy in my opinion.

• The reason I wouldn't call BTW grindy is because for metals you can turn to automated mob farms that give you infinite iron/gold for free.

Yes i know, but it contradicts GT ideology, coz unlimited iron gold for free is too OP.

As for trees, I always felt weird about a single log being able to cook so many cubic blocks of stone. It feels more natural to have 1 stone/ore per log, and once you get a kiln/cauldron/crucible you can cook stuff for free anyway.

I think BTW has pretty good wood progression tree. In TFC you will also need 8 logs for a kiln so they are pretty similar in this regard.

With TFC you will always have to keep mining ore for as long as you want to make things, and you have to go through a long process that you can't automate. Sure it is engaging and in depth, but after doing it fifty bazillion times for making each progressively better set of tools and armor (along with replacements) it starts to feel grindy in my opinion.

As was pointed earlier TFC right now isn't "progression" mod it's more like enhance to vanilla minecraft there you don't have a goal or progression tree to play. TFC is closer to vanilla that modded minecraft so making all thing automatically and for free is not it's goal.
    But if we look at food (crops, animals) here TFC is doing very good job at making it realistic and forces you to think so you won't starve during first winter. With nutrient and seasons it can't be automated, but you won't need to vizit it too often anyway.
    Ore spawn if also better coz finding one vein will let you use it for a long time.

p.s. And there is no need to collect wolf poop, that is most stupid thing is BTW imho :)

• Any other players looking for a 1.7.2 GT server? It's been a little slow lately. Some new blood would be good.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Do you have the "more than 12 Players = Chunkloading Problems" Problem?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Do you have the "more than 12 Players = Chunkloading Problems" Problem?

No idea, haven't had more than 12 on at any one time, yet. Record is currently 7. It's a pretty small server, with 3 or 4 highly active players. There's 17 total, though, if only I could get them all on at once. XD

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I'll wait till Greg fixes his cables, because no matter how I look at them, the current loss system is broken.

Yeah. Sadly, I have to agree. I'm trying my best to power through it and work around, though. Not going very well.

Hey Greg, any chance of an update soon, even very minor? I'm out sick until Monday with gastroenteritis and was hoping for something to play with. XD (I've been building and rebuilding my power plant since the moment it came out. Even half finished, I can get fun out of Gregtech. I've probably gone through over 1000 iron and 2000 bronze building, re-building and destroying the plant to make it better and more aesthetically pleasing. Why? BECAUSE, that's why! I don't mind rebuilding and redesigning- I see MC as a form of entertaining engineering.)

Quoted from "zorn":

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• A way to work around power loss would be to use item pipes and move around batteries.

Though that only works until Greg fixes the lossless battery charging to be more like real-world where majority of the energy is lost in the process.