[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• So is the energy net from greg done or still WIP? and does it convert EU to Gregs Energy if I use an addon like compact windmills? I just looked in gregtech since weeks so I really like the new energy system but I a few infos would be nice in the FAQ :P

EDIT: so you can output to an mfsu but not from mfsu to yours? :(

You need to insert IC2 Energy into GT transformers.

Also i updated my Table.

The new Cableloss ist on a completly new level. Well, the 32V loss is still the same. I would still prefer to lower the loss with thicker cables but now we have at last usable GT cables.

• Hey, is there a way to fix 'circuitry burnt out' in 1.7 yet?

At this point, the only way is BrainTech Aerospace Advanced Reinforced Duct Tape FAL-84, which is a 'fix all problems' consumable.

• You need to insert IC2 Energy into GT transformers.

Also i updated my Table.

The new Cableloss ist on a completly new level. Well, the 32V loss is still the same. I would still prefer to lower the loss with thicker cables but now we have at last usable GT cables.

Lol at the Tin Wire being 2 times more Efficient than the Tin Wire.

Greg, using a saw on birch leaves drops oak leaf blocks, and using a saw on tall grass drops dead shrubs.

You have an old Version of GT regarding the Tall Grass. Leaves however should work.

-----

Next Version will contain a Butchery Knife, which has Looting on it depending on Material Quality, but it has a very low Attack Damage.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• At this point, the only way is BrainTech Aerospace Advanced Reinforced Duct Tape FAL-84, which is a 'fix all problems' consumable.

Ah, I forgot about that. Thank you.

The old adage "duct tape solves anything" never stops being true.

• Tin Wire being 2 times more Efficient than the Tin Wire

How could you not love the infinite efficiency? :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Next Version will contain a Butchery Knife, which has Looting on it depending on Material Quality, but it has a very low Attack Damage.

Item textures are the most fun to do :p

Hmm, Low damage you say?
    So, When slaughtering pigs, I will have to bash at them many times to kill them? Causing extreme pain?...
    perfect >:D

• Sweet. Now all we need is circuits and stuff to build the higher-tier stuff, centrifuge, and electrolyzer. Then we'll be sitting pretty.

Also, Greg, can I make a request? NiCad and NiMH batteries. I imagine Nickel+Cadmium = NiCad, macerated or made as powder, 2x powder put into a battery. Better than a sulfuric acid or RE-battery but worse than Lithium or NiMH. NiMH a step up from NiCAD but perhaps requires 4x canned NiCAD. With these two, combined with 1.6.4's pre-existing sodium, lithium, acid, and mercury batteries, we'll have pretty much the entire RL spectrum of batteries.

Also maybe a capacitor bank for ULV machines? Tantalum + Rubber in an assembly machine = Tantalum Pack, which holds 640 energy at 8v? I noticed there are no 8v batteries. Perhaps alkaline batteries also for this purpose? I know modern Alkalines are primarily Zn/MnO2 with alkaline KOH, and older, poorer versions are Zinc-Carbon and Zinc-Chloride (Zn/2MnO2+2NH4Cl and ZnCl2/2HCl).

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 4 times, last by axlegear ().

• ... Sirus, why is your avatar 15% bigger today than it used to be?

I think he changed his avatar to update the nuclear bomb texture.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Is there a way to get the greg books rather than just looking in dungeon because I searched for 2 hours and didn't find anything yet :( Or aren't they implimented yet?

• Don't forget the ninja fix to toolboxes to let them actually hold tools (Novel concept!)

Actualy.. had a thought on that. Could we get an advanced version of the Toolbox that would let us hold certain gregtech machines?

Or perhaps a multiblock storage with a control unit, where each additional container block connected to the multiblock increased the size it could retrieve?
    (Or wouldn't let you retrieve anything unless you met the mimimum cargo size.)

• Lol at the Tin Wire being 2 times more Efficient than the Tin Wire.

Fixed. :whistling:

But after reaching Alu-Age i got a few things...

Is there allready a way to make good circuits?
    Trying to make Advanced Circuits, i could make Advanced Circuit boards with Silicon and electrum, but no advanced circuit parts with glowstone and lapis dust (or lazurite dust).

Also i had a strage bug. While macerating lapis, it was shown als dust allready in the input slot. after taking it out, it turned back into lapis. Some server/client differences i guess.

• there a fix for the machines triggering chunk updates twice every frame? tends to happen when deprived of power, however disabling constant power fixes it for when the power is cut but then makes it then occur when they have power.

I know minecraft's chunk updating is horrendous but having 200+ machines constantly polling events when they shouldn't (there's no state updates occurring) just makes it so much worse, the it even makes the launcher go to crap more then it usually does...