[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I REALLY MISS WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT GREGTECH

Don't worry, that happens whenever I update.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• It's a bit complicated, but in the end the problem is: the ppl want all and for free.

And other people want to scam people out of their money by "selling" them stuff they should have access by default. Why should we tolerate those scammers?

If we close pay-to-win servers, ppl won't start making free servers so we would just lose half of servers.

I can't see anything bad about that. I'd rather have servers running because people WANT to play MC, not because they want to make money out of it.

• And other people want to scam people out of their money by "selling" them stuff they should have access by default. Why should we tolerate those scammers?

I can't see anything bad about that. I'd rather have servers running because people WANT to play MC, not because they want to make money out of it.

So Play Mindcrack server that lives on reward-based donations is bad?
    The big chunk of minecraft players can't think for themselves (well big chunk of ppl can't so it's nothing new) so pay-to-win servers are like free MMORPG there you can play for free and wout many problems (normal pay-to-win server won't limit you in basic minecraft stuff) and ppl who has money to spend will play with benefits that's all. There are a lot of scammers, but there are also servers that are getting money to pay for hardware with these donations.

• ARE YOU IMPLYING YOU JUST DID A SECRET UPDATE?

No. But right now I did an update in this very moment. With new Death Messages for my Tools, the Butchery Knife and Cadmium Batteries (I simplified the Nickel away :P), and some other improved things. Also made it so that the Butchery Knife gives twice the amount of invincibility time for Mobs after getting hit, meaning you cannot attack very fast with those (same for Hammers and Wrenches).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• So Play Mindcrack server that lives on reward-based donations is bad?

I'm not quite sure what sort of rewards they give out unfortunately so it's hard to comment. The tiny bit of information on their site didn't help much either but it seems they sell "boosters" of sorts and I'm quite certain that has always been against the EULA.

MC is somewhat like a software library that is NOT free to use and most definitely users of it are NOT allowed to extend it to make money off from.

I'd say QT pre-opensourcing was somewhat like that. It had double-licensing
    1) GPL for KDE and other fully ope-source stuff. You can't sell anything you make using that license but you can sell support for the things you produce
    2) commercial for anyone who used it to make money (either building programs with it or using it internally in a company without releasing the sources for the app).

Servers who ask money for playing or sell in-game stuff are like people who repackage the library but with less features, if you want to have access to the full original content you'd need to pay. Alternatively they add a couple of convenience functions and try to sell the whole package, including the original library, as their own product.

• I have a small suggestion about the drop of the GT Ores:
    let the GT Ores which doesn't have any metadata and displayed as gt.itemores.0.name drops stone(cobblestone),netherrack and endstone that depends on the world ID(or worldgen),Or simply let them drop nothing.
    I don't know what happened to them but some of my friend have mined some such like no metadata GT ores in the underground.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Just noticed. This topic on the IC2 forum is actually a mixed topic off:

GT
    Vanilla changes
    EULA
    Reddit whining point n laugh.
    Modder wars.

:O

• No. But right now I did an update in this very moment. With new Death Messages for my Tools, the Butchery Knife and Cadmium Batteries (I simplified the Nickel away :P), and some other improved things. Also made it so that the Butchery Knife gives twice the amount of invincibility time for Mobs after getting hit, meaning you cannot attack very fast with those (same for Hammers and Wrenches).

Yay! You DO listen to me! XD

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Servers who ask money for playing or sell in-game stuff are like people who repackage the library but with less features, if you want to have access to the full original content you'd need to pay. Alternatively they add a couple of convenience functions and try to sell the whole package, including the original library, as their own product.

From the other side it looks like that: you get server power for free (cheapest MC oster will be around 5$/month but whatever) but you get limited functionality that is logical, coz it's free. But you can pay to get full functionality. They don't sell you minecraft, they sell you hosting for server and work of admins/ event creators/plugin writers + support (griefing protection etc). And in half of cases your basic minecraft experience is untouched and all you can buy is decorative/resource or some extensions to survival (limited creative for example). So HOW are the selling parts of minecraft?

• "you can buy is decorative/resource or some extensions to survival (limited creative for example). "

That is part of the game that Mojang sells people or at minimum heavily based on it (e.g mods written using MC code. Bukkit is perhaps somewhat of a gray area, Forge based stuff clearly isn't).
    Selling that kind of stuff is absolutely against the EULA and should not be allowed.

Mojang has never said one can't ask money for running the server, hiring admins and event creators or even hiring people to write mods for you. For all that stuff you can do it just fine. What you can't do is sell in-game items or features.

• "you can buy is decorative/resource or some extensions to survival (limited creative for example). "

That is part of the game that Mojang sells people or at minimum heavily based on it (e.g mods written using MC code. Bukkit is perhaps somewhat of a gray area, Forge based stuff clearly isn't).
    Selling that kind of stuff is absolutely against the EULA and should not be allowed.

Mojang has never said one can't ask money for running the server, hiring admins and event creators or even hiring people to write mods for you. For all that stuff you can do it just fine. What you can't do is sell in-game items or features.

If something is being sold it doesn't mean it can't be obtained normally.

Sadly both pay-to-play and pure donations work really bad.
    It's same as saying that any twitter client that has premium version that unlock more feature is ripoff, coz it sell twitter servers features.

• In my server, people can donate ( send money to hardware company, where server runs) and for reward, they get some kits, warps to use, more residences, using of /back .....is that against EULA? All sent money is for me just as "credits" , with them you can pay for server running...(no money gettable that way)

Sorry, but If I want money from people I HAVE TO get them some reward or some ease to the game....Because 10% will send something and everybody else is playing for free... (well, maybe in my server 30-40% :D )

• Sadly both pay-to-play and pure donations work really bad.

yes, and? That doesn't make the practice in any way less illegal. No one is entitled to be able to run a big MC server with loads of features.

It's same as saying that any twitter client that has premium version that unlock more feature is ripoff, coz it sell twitter servers features.

No, twitter is not in any way similar to MC. Its license also doesn't seem to forbid making such clients.

• yes, and? That doesn't make the practice in any way less illegal. No one is entitled to be able to run a big MC server with loads of features.

Well half of internet is illegal so it will be with MC.

• *Sigh*

This discussion has become very.. tedious.

Can we get back to Gregtech?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Well half of internet is illegal so it will be with MC.

Just because some people do illegal things doesn't give any permission for others to do so.

Also, I'm quite certain your claim is pure BS :)

• *Sigh*

This discussion has become very.. tedious.

Can we get back to Gregtech?

To reduce tediousness, Gregtech? :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.