[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• My extremely tired brain looks at this and likes where it's going but can't fully process it yet.
    What it can do though is say that Forge Fluids can have Temperatures assigned to the Fluids themselves. (Water has a fixed temperature, Lava has a fixed temperature, Steam has a fixed temperature, every Fluid in the Forge Fluid Registry has a fixed temperature.) So knowing this, you could theoretically create (for example) "Cold Coolant", "Warm Coolant", "Heated Coolant," and "Superheated Coolant" Fluids, that could then be run through a Heat Exchanger block or multiblock, and be cooled from Heated or Superheated down to Heated, Warm, or Cold, depending on how much Coolant fluid was flowing through the Exchanger and/or how much fluid it contained at a given time. And then some multiple of the volume of Coolant run through or contained in the Exchanger and which heat state it was, Energy or Steam could be produced and sent out. (Energy simpler but less efficient; Thermocouples are nice little things. Steam more preferable, more efficient IRL AFAIK, and already a precedent in larger energy generation systems.)
    ... Ya know this whole Heat Exchanger idea is suddenly starting to sound a whole lot like a more complicated form of the old GT Thermal Boilers from 1.6.

Side note: might want to look at how Big Reactors does its Steam Turbines... I've wanted to look at that for months but never got around to it :rolleyes:

• Now, we can not use forge fluids, because they do not carry information like "heat" (no idea if that is true). So, maybe we could somehow adapt EU api to do it?

Forge Fluids can store Heat using NBT Data. I would disrecommend that as not all Mods watch it, and because Fluids with different NBT don't stack together in a Pipe. However you can make FLuids like "hotwater" and "veryhotwater" or just "steam".

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• And if they are in 1.7 already, then they are just retarded, because that bug was fixed in 1.7 and they didn't even try to look if the Problem was still there.

There are centrifuges in 1.7 yet?

@above : if we get this, we can smash the world :D .....

But now in more detail....
    All we need are blocks, which will make the rings, Inside coolants can be imaginary...
    The whole cooling ring would be multiblock with one control block, the boiler. In it you would see the temperature, the % of fullnes of coolant and produced steam. You can supply more water in here to replenish the fullness, but it will lower the temperature...
    This multiblock will work, if it is connected with 2 pipes (or some new blocks like high-pressure pipes designed to be multiblocks) to reactor and to that boiler.

Then reactor itself (can be also multiblock) will only need fuel rods, then no inside cooling system from IC2

Secondary loop for steam can be made just with normal pipes to the turbine and back the water again (also additional from pump if needed)

• Forge Fluids can store Heat using NBT Data. I would disrecommend that as not all Mods watch it, and because Fluids with different NBT don't stack together in a Pipe. However you can make FLuids like "hotwater" and "veryhotwater" or just "steam".

That is why I automatically dropped forge fluids. For this to make sense that coolant would need to carry heat very precisely. If chamber can be warmed to 10000 points of heat. Than coolant has to be able to carry values like 2758, 5789, 8654... That is why, I thought adapting some energy API where we have like in EU "charge" and "package" would be more appropriate.
    So the coolant would carry "flow" and "heat" values. Even if time needed for coolant to move from one point to the other was instantaneous. This system would still work because exchange of heat is done based on heat exchangers heat transferrer rate.

• Ey, Does anyone recommend a GOOD modpack which isn't too grindy?

For 1.6.4 or 1.7?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Two questions:
    1. Extruder (basic) does not work. Even their isn't any recipe button available to tap. But I can find recipe on other materials usage or recipe.
    2. Is their any way to add gt ore to IC2 miner harvest list? I found field "additionalValuableOres" on IC2.ini. Anybody knows how that work?
    PS:Forgive my bad english ....

• Two questions:
    1. Extruder (basic) does not work. Even their isn't any recipe button available to tap. But I can find recipe on other materials usage or recipe.

Recipes require a certain Voltage or higher to function, look at the Recipes before complaining. 32EU/t are barely enough for Rubber and Plastic.

2. Is their any way to add gt ore to IC2 miner harvest list? I found field "additionalValuableOres" on IC2.ini. Anybody knows how that work?

You dont need to add any Ores to that list, this is done automatically.

-----

Update: Added Vacuum Freezer and 40 different but similar Battery Buffers.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• You dont need to add any Ores to that list, this is done automatically.

Thx very much. I should have test before I ask.
    But I also have tested the miner from IC2.I block dozen of ores around mine path.
    It just ignore the ores from gt.
    Any ores from other mods (AE2/Forestry) works good.

• greg, did you also have to rewrite your network code or did you begin w/ the 1.7 port *after* CPW found the memory leak in his code?

• Mh is your new power system disabled greg? And when do you think you will finish it because it looks awesome like the whole GT 5.0 shit :DDDD That is really your best update (version^^) ever!

• greg, did you also have to rewrite your network code or did you begin w/ the 1.7 port *after* CPW found the memory leak in his code?

I rewrote it after OvermindDL poked me about it a week ago. So you are late.

Mh is your new power system disabled greg? And when do you think you will finish it because it looks awesome like the whole GT 5.0 shit :DDDD That is really your best update (version^^) ever!

It is enabled, why should I have disabled it?

GregTech Website

• Forge Fluids can store Heat using NBT Data. I would disrecommend that as not all Mods watch it, and because Fluids with different NBT don't stack together in a Pipe.

Would it be possible to make special kind of fluid storage/piping blocks that can contain different amounts of liquid with different NBT data?
    Alternatively when any fluid enters that special container it gets "mixed" and temperature gets averaged for the entire container.

Obviously that would mean that only the pipes/container that have that special extra logic are able to properly handle variable-temperature fluids.

• Would it be possible to make special kind of fluid storage/piping blocks that can contain different amounts of liquid with different NBT data?
    Alternatively when any fluid enters that special container it gets "mixed" and temperature gets averaged for the entire container.

Obviously that would mean that only the pipes/container that have that special extra logic are able to properly handle variable-temperature fluids.

Yes with that Special merging Logic for same Fluids with different Heats it would be possible.

how to get redstone, if you start a world first, and not to build a centrifuge

Just by reading the Tooltip of the Dirty Redstone Item.

@UNG: THAT is the Image I wanted to see, now I know where the Problem is and I can fix it.

GregTech Website

• I rewrote it after OvermindDL poked me about it a week ago. So you are late.

nah, not trying to remind you, just searched for some1 sharing the pain. XXD