[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I'm stuck on 1.6 with mods like Thaumcraft, Tinker's construct, Hungeroverhaul, Extra utilities, Botania, Blood magic, Artifice... I have no mods at all which adds machinery (of course I do have Extra utilities generators' but I'll not use them at all, the enderquarry is pointless and will require too many generators, whereas a tunnel bore or the Ritual of magnetism can do the trick more easily).

Machinery is irrelevent. Any mod that adds any recipes will contribute to load lag and GT related load times, no matter how simple or complex. It's simply about quantity. So a mod that adds a ton of recipes, regardless of if they're simple or even vanilla-like, it still going to make Forge's sequential load method take ages, and as we've established, GT scans the Forge recipe database on load. Thus, you have the problem- too much stuff.

Also, you've named a LOT of the kind of mods responsible for this. That is a HELL of a lot of recipes you have added in there, several times more than MC has vanilla. More than GT adds, even, by a large margin. So what we're looking at is your modpack has more recipes than 'normal' by a factor of ten or more.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Machinery is irrelevent. Any mod that adds any recipes will contribute to load lag and GT related load times, no matter how simple or complex. It's simply about quantity. So a mod that adds a ton of recipes, regardless of if they're simple or even vanilla-like, it still going to make Forge's sequential load method take ages, and as we've established, GT scans the Forge recipe database on load. Thus, you have the problem- too much stuff.

Also, you've named a LOT of the kind of mods responsible for this. That is a HELL of a lot of recipes you have added in there, several times more than MC has vanilla. More than GT adds, even, by a large margin. So what we're looking at is your modpack has more recipes than 'normal' by a factor of ten or more.

Forgot to say : I usually have 60 fps playing in short + 32 (optifine setting) using BOP, whereas playing with GT, IC2, Mekanism and Forestry makes me drop to 30 fps in tiny, without BOP.

• 1.7.2 Forge 1112 together with Gregtech 5z and new RailCraft 9.0.5 lowdense ore generation I get a crash.

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• 1.7.2 Forge 1112 together with Gregtech 5z and new RailCraft 9.0.5 lowdense ore generation I get a crash.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12
    at gregtech.common.GT_Proxy.onOreGenEvent(GT_Proxy.java:218)

Uhhm I don't access any Array in that Function, I doubt there is an Array in this Code:

@SubscribeEvent
    public void onOreGenEvent(GenerateMinable aGenerator) {
    if (mDisableVanillaOres && aGenerator.generator instanceof WorldGenMinable) switch (aGenerator.type) {case COAL: case IRON: case GOLD: case DIAMOND: case REDSTONE: case LAPIS: case QUARTZ: aGenerator.setResult(Result.DENY);}
    }

And if there is an Array, then why the fuck does this happen? Enums cannot be changed and I personally use Forge 1110 meaning either the Forge Changelog lies about changes or CJ hacks into that Enum.

-----

5.01a:
    Added Filters in 20 different variations.
    Added Thermal Centrifuges and Ore Washing Plants.
    Added some "Decorative" Blocks.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• 5.01a:

What a fancy update to celebrate Gregtech leaving open alpha :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• 5.01b:
    Fixed some Recipes not being added.
    Added Battery (de)charging loss. (sorry but tiny Capacitors don't make ANY sense since they are just not usable anywhere, because they are tiny)
    I may or may not have fixed the above Railcraft Issue. I don't know. I just changed my Code a little.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, what about introducing Memristors (made of platinum and titaniumdioxide) into the game? as circuit component. IRL they're being developed for Memory (which doesnt lose its contents w/o power, it's like a RAM w/o loss)

Could be a high-tier storage/funciton IC substitute.

• You could make capacitors for each voltage which charge/decharge immediately, but store less than batteries, which is pretty much their irl use.

• You could make capacitors for each voltage which charge/decharge immediately, but store less than batteries, which is pretty much their irl use.

you mean like... "1 charge batteries"? SO like recharging machines w/ redstone?

Also, caps are also being used for frqeuency filters or power buffers (just keep more than X charge in them), also for oscillators.

Suggestion: Gauss-Gun. Use a gigantic Cap-Bank for power, use Coils for acceleration of the bullet.

• Forgot to say : I usually have 60 fps playing in short + 32 (optifine setting) using BOP, whereas playing with GT, IC2, Mekanism and Forestry makes me drop to 30 fps in tiny, without BOP.

Mekanism (and the other UE mods; I know Mekanism has gone independent but I still call it a UE mod) doesn't play 100% nicely with Optifine. I've had more FPS lost to Mekanism machinery with or without OptiFine than I have with any other mod (except the GT block look tooltip bug from a few weeks ago). For some reason, Mekanism just wonks FPS.
    Alternatively, how much RAM do you have devoted to that instance, and how often does that RAM refresh itself? Because that can also contribute to FPS issues.

• 5.01a:

woah, that update is realy better than expected...not so much, but finaly starting the sorting system, just miss some covers like active, redstone throught put

Added Battery (de)charging loss.

wasnt it already in? feel like it would, well we cant expected to have all things right on the first version. Also just to say, but each batery on a buffer is 1 amp suply, one batery will not charge the max amp of the buffer, learned the hard way.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Hello there. My first post in here. Always enjoyed the gregtech mod.

Trying the new 5.00z mod. I can't find any tin related ores. Even using the forge x-ray mod in creative! I've been triyng for about an hour. Using the gregtech oregen and disabled the IC2 oregen. Am I really that unlucky 8|

• I can't find any tin related ores.

Cassiterite spawns between y=80 and y=120. Basically in the mountains. Did you try there?

EDIT: Well that's fun. We have 2 GregTech.cfg now.
    [.minecraft/GregTech.cfg]
    [.minecraft/config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg]

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

The post was edited 1 time, last by black3agl3 ().

• Cassiterite spawns between y=80 and y=120. Basically in the mountains. Did you try there?

EDIT: Well that's fun. We have 2 GregTech.cfg now.
    [.minecraft/GregTech.cfg]
    [.minecraft/config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg]

Looked a lot there too. In the config mix section, there's a seperate section for copper, but not for tin. Is that a mistake? I've found the copper/iron/nickel/redstone and other stuff a couple of times, but no tin. Only the small ores. Shouldn't it be possible to find it in the lower Y as well?

• The texture of some gems in ore form (even with B:hiddenores=false) are not showing up in the world (all of them have texture in the inventory). Some examples:

Its a know issue or I'm doing something terrible wrong? The issue only happens with GT gems (all other ores are fine).
    And YES, when you have a Thaumometer WAILA is redundant.