[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Just made my ethanol factory. The only question i`m still have - why, with all these fancy industrial mods, can`t i put 3 buckets of water and 2 buctets of ethanol in crafting grid and get my 5 buckets of vodka?

• Just made my ethanol factory. The only question i`m still have - why, with all these fancy industrial mods, can`t i put 3 buckets of water and 2 buctets of ethanol in crafting grid and get my 5 buckets of vodka?

Vodka made this way is probably not safe for drinking.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Actually it would be fine. Ethanol is ethanol! In ethanol plants (where i've worked) they add a bittering agent (which is also toxic) to make fuel ethanol undrinkable... it totally is before they add that. Stupid laws.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• 5.01e:
    - Added the Replicator, it uses UUM and Energy to form the targeted Dust/Cell/Fluid (yes direct Fluid Output for cases like Hydrogen). In order to select the Elemental Material (No Compounds, Isotopes, Unknown Stuff, Antimatter or Magic!) scan it in a Scanner while having a Data Orb in the Special Slot. That will output a Data Orb with the proper Data of the Chemical Element after a while consuming the scanned Material in the process (So try to not reuse already inscribed Data Orbs if you don't wanna waste Stuff). Then just insert the Orb into the Replicator and wait what can take a while depending on which Replicator you use. Neutronium would take 44 Hours in the IV Scanner btw (due to its exorbitant Atomic Mass), meaning it is basically unobtainable that way for now (not to mention you would still need a Neutronium Sample to begin with). The Replicator is currently the only viable Source of Osmium if the End has been mined. The Replicator doesn't obey the laws of balance, because UUM is based solely on the Atomic Mass of the Element, I hope most things are expensive enough.
    - Changed the Hammer to crush Ores in World instead of by Crafting. That is to reduce the amount of Crafting Recipes.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Actually it would be fine. Ethanol is ethanol! In ethanol plants (where i've worked) they add a bittering agent (which is also toxic) to make fuel ethanol undrinkable... it totally is before they add that. Stupid laws.

Wait, does law allow to purposefully turn something in to poison for no reason?

• Wait, does law allow to purposefully turn something in to poison for no reason?

It's to stop people from buying cheap alcohol at low taxes and killing themselfs drinking it.

• Exactly. Not only does law allow you to make it into poison, it REQUIRES it. If people began drinking fuel ethanol, it would skirt a number of things: Alcohol taxes (which are extremely high), FDA regulation (as it's not considered food/drink when made/used for fuel), transportation and safety laws (liquor can be transported however you want, even 190 proof everclear which is 95% pure ethanol, the highest possible without special chemical suspensions, compression, and/or freezing. However fuel ethanol has transportation restrictions due to it's high flammability. This, IMHO, is silly, as a tanker of ethanol is MUCH safer than a semi full of glass bottles, and they're both quite flammable. In fact, fuel ethanol is usually mixed with octane/hexane/heptane/etc. less-flammable materials to increase burn time and energy density because ethanol burns more rapidly than octane. In other words, 190 proof everclear is like rocket fuel compared to gasoline, yet gasoline requires high safety standards...)

On that line, ever lit everclear? If you mostly empty a bottle (just a few ml left) and light the rim, it'll take off out of your hand like a rocket and shatter in a big blue fireball from hell. And you'll prolly have some first degree burns. (Second or third is unlikely due to the fact ethanol burns so fast it wouldn't apply heat long). I've done this. It was frightening. Compare to most flaming shot drinks, which are usually 50-70 proof, sometimes as high as 120 proof. Higher is too dangerous though, as they become explosively combustive around 157 proof. For those who don't know, proof is 2x% where % is the percentage of alcohol in purity. IE, 50% alcohol is 100 proof. It is not chemically possible to exceed 190 proof without non-food-safe additives, or compression, or freezing, or a combination thereof. This is because ethanol is highly hydrophilic, and will leech humidity (very effectively) out of the air. Anything above 50 proof will work as an impromptu dehumidifier. Take a shot glass of 190 proof everclear and set it on a desk. After an hour it will have increased volume by absorbing water from the air. The higher the proof the more significant (and rapid) this effect. At 96.763% purity it reaches a sort of 'critical mass' and will begin a violent reaction of absorbing the humidity. If this gets on your skin it would feel extremely cold (like an upturned canned air) and dehydrate your skin almost on contact, causing possible damage. IIRC, it has a water-balance of 2.67:1. In other words, if non-evaporating, 1oz of pure ethanol will absorb 2.67oz of pure H2O before the hydrophilic properties stop, effectively being neutralized. This is different from things like a PH balance or ions or whathaveyou.

Anyway, rambling, and been too long since I took chemistry.

Fun reads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A…fuel#Butanol_and_propanol

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• The debug scanner is no longer working as an infinite energy source in machines battery slots, it even interrupts processing.
    Working fine in IC2 energy containers though.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• The debug scanner is no longer working as an infinite energy source in machines battery slots, it even interrupts processing.
    Working fine in IC2 energy containers though.

it works, but remeber the greg e-net, it provide an infinite 1 amperage of 32v, so anything that consume more than 1 amp will not keeping running, and you cant power higher voltage machines. To teste higher voltages, just use the debugger on an ic2 storage of a high voltage and transformer it down with gt transformers.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• I was the one who stickied/pinned this thread. I always wondered why GregTech, the greatest addon of IC², which creator is also part of the IC² team, were not stickied/pinned?

Edit: just did it again, if someone else unstick it, tell me why :3

• Solid metal block is made of 9 ingots. Hollow huge pipe of the same size is made from 12 ingots. GRAG LOGIC!

• it works, but remeber the greg e-net, it provide an infinite 1 amperage of 32v, so anything that consume more than 1 amp will not keeping running, and you cant power higher voltage machines. To teste higher voltages, just use the debugger on an ic2 storage of a high voltage and transformer it down with gt transformers.

Ooh that's why it didn't work with the IV scanner, thanks for the info.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Greg, what about introducing Memristors (made of platinum and titaniumdioxide) into the game? as circuit component. IRL they're being developed for Memory (which doesnt lose its contents w/o power, it's like a RAM w/o loss)

Could be a high-tier storage/funciton IC substitute.

/me awaits an answer. :P